Two thoughts watching the gtown/st johns game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Two thoughts watching the gtown/st johns game

Just since you mentioned it...it always brings a smile to my face:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jlIBRkr4Ar4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The only downside to this entire season is that we haven't had the opportunity to administer the beating they always so rightly deserve. Let's get those fugazis back on the schedule.

Now I must go look at CJ's BE tourney slam in Porter's puss.
It will pump me up for the rest of the day.

so awesome

Slim pickings on Sunday nights for hoops so it was that and Colorado/USC. No other options
I opted for the USC game over the Olympics and NBA Sideshow. The biggest takeawy from that game was I sure hope Andy Enfeld got paid because he can't be having much fun with that team. And looks a little foolish now with his pre-season "if you want to play fun up and down basketball come here. If you want to be boring, go to UcLA". I'm sure Steve Alford is enjoying it.

And he still has Amanda Marcum.... Which is nice.

I opted for a rerun of the Walton's, where John Boy looks for a stray dog the whole episode. Much better viewing than the other options.

I opted for the USC game over the Olympics and NBA Sideshow. The biggest takeawy from that game was I sure hope Andy Enfeld got paid because he can't be having much fun with that team. And looks a little foolish now with his pre-season "if you want to play fun up and down basketball come here. If you want to be boring, go to UcLA". I'm sure Steve Alford is enjoying it.

And he still has Amanda Marcum... Which is nice.

Money will make a lot of people say things they probably regret. Curious to see how he does when he is able to get in there his own players.

Money will make a lot of people say things they probably regret. Curious to see how he does when he is able to get in there his own players.
I agree its a four year proposition. Getting hired in April, there is no chance to recruit so he still doesn't have any of his guys there. Just glad its him going through it than Hop for my own selfish reasons.

By the way, Georgetown attendance down 20 plus percent from last year.

Just since you mentioned it...it always brings a smile to my face:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jlIBRkr4Ar4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The only downside to this entire season is that we haven't had the opportunity to administer the beating they always so rightly deserve. Let's get those fugazis back on the schedule.

Now I must go look at CJ's BE tourney slam in Porter's puss.
It will pump me up for the rest of the day.
At 53 seconds into the clip, note the SU fan in the background with an Otto sweatshirt on. I love it.

Georgetown has a heckuva lot of work to do, after this loss yesterday. They are 3-5 vs. the Top 25, 5-7 vs. Top 50. Vs. the Top 200 (that's 200, not 100) they are 11-9. Not stellar. Their best win is MSU, but they have awful losses to Northeaster and Seton Hall. Their closing schedule is @ Seton Hall (who has already beaten them), Xavier, @ Marquette, Creighton, and @ Villanova. They have a lot of work to do, IMO. They could easily finish the regular season 16-14. That's not going to cut it, no matter what your SOS is (and theirs is not great - mid-60's).

St. John's has a much better chance than Gtown, IMO.

You may be right, I put a lot of emphasis on good OOC wins, perhaps more than I should. No question that Northeastern loss is terrible but beating Michigan St, Kansas St, and VCU is better than what Pitt and Virginia have done OOC combined (UVA lost to VCU).