Tyler Ennis announcement tomorrow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis announcement tomorrow

Y
Bingo.
Ya ... timing looks good for us .. probably not a coincidence. And Francis, don't think you can slice in here without me seeing you ... lol. No doubt you noticed that Zags blog piece about us grabbing a whole rotation of studs at one time. These things must be taken with a heavy dose of salt, but still good stuff. I've got a craft beer chilling in the frig' for tomorrow evening.

It's just nice to get the first player for the 2013 class locked in as well (if he chooses us), a PG who likes to facilitate and get his teammates involved is never a bad thing. Hopefully some more highly ranked ballers to follow!

isnt there a known saying: not over til the fat lady sings...now i will feel terrific with a yes; but I do not lay my cards on the table until they are all dealt...
the cards have been dealt...it's just a matter of revealing them now.

can anyone help someone like me who hasnt seen him, give me a comparison for this kid

can anyone help someone like me who hasnt seen him, give me a comparison for this kid
From the little I've seen: Billy Edelin with a better jumper, maybe a little more athletic. So potentially a rich man's Edelin.

This is only based off two games on TV though.

From the little I've seen: Billy Edelin with a better jumper, maybe a little more athletic. So potentially a rich man's Edelin.

WHOA

Oh My God

yZCja.gif

Don't know if this is an accurate comparison outside of my own head, but Kendall Marshall.

I suspect we grab another guard at some point.

Damian Lillard...pure point, good shooter, smart player, makes others better

Y
Ya ... timing looks good for us .. probably not a coincidence. And Francis, don't think you can slice in here without me seeing you ... lol. No doubt you noticed that Zags blog piece about us grabbing a whole rotation of studs at one time. These things must be taken with a heavy dose of salt, but still good stuff. I've got a craft beer chilling in the frig' for tomorrow evening.
I'll be more like this in the evening lol-------->winning.gif

2/3 in that article you mentioned is definitely possible. Whitehead is the only one that I have my doubts about but we'll see how it all plays out. Can't hurt that both McCullough and Whitehead are coming to the elite camp at the end of the month.

Would love to get Ennis, I can't even make a comparison. He's a solid pure point guard, which we can use.

I only saw the two games and a little highlight video, but based on that, I don't think they are that similar. Tyler is definitely quicker than Edelin, already a far better outside shooter than Billy was at SU, not nearly as good in the paint, not nearly as strong and able to use his body to get position inside. Don't think he will ever back his man into the paint and post up like Edelin did so well (best guard I have ever seen at Syracuse doing this).

Both are excellent ball handlers, consistently make good decisions and pass the ball really well.

I think Ennis is going to be a better player but it is hard to say what Billy could have done had he finished his career at SU without the troubles he ran into.

Damian Lillard...pure point, good shooter, smart player, makes others better

Lillard?? Not close to a pure point. He is a scoring pg. In fact, the main question surrounding him is his ability to run a team.

How about a comparison to Jason Kidd. Not super quick but terrific with the ball and can really pass the rock.

I firmly believe that Edelin's jersey would have beeen hanging from the rafters today if he had played a solid four years here with no problems. So, to me, the Edelin comparisons are over the top. I dont see Ennis a a star, but more of a complimentary piece.

To me the best comparison is Andy Rautins. They play different positions, and their games are completely different (Ennis is a pure point guard, and not a lights out shooter the way Andy was). But just as Andy made up for a lack of athleticism with basketball IQ, Ennis will be similar. I also think their careers will have similar arcs, one adjustment year, some productivity the next two years, and a really good senior year.

Lillard?? Not close to a pure point. He is a scoring pg. In fact, the main question surrounding him is his ability to run a team.

He scored in college because he had to with the lack of talent around him, but he is really a pass first player.

Ennis the Menace come on down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom