Tyler Ennis announcement tomorrow | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis announcement tomorrow

I'll be more like this in the evening lol-------->View attachment 1067

2/3 in that article you mentioned is definitely possible. Whitehead is the only one that I have my doubts about but we'll see how it all plays out. Can't hurt that both McCullough and Whitehead are coming to the elite camp at the end of the month.

It's nice to be in this kind of conversation. Lawrence and Ennis are 13, right, and McCullough and Whitehead are 14. If we get Lawrence (PF), that wouldn't bother McCullough too much since he's a post guy. But getting Ennis might make Whitehead think twice. Am I getting warm here?

Isn't Whitehead a 2? I assumed Francis was referring to the fact we don't have a lot of luck with Lincoln kids.

If there are 5 stars next to a recruits name, they should know they have no shot. Even 4 is pushing it.

Isn't Whitehead a 2? I assumed Francis was referring to the fact we don't have a lot of luck with Lincoln kids.
Correct. Ennis commitment will have no impact on Whitehead, since they play different positions.

If there are 5 stars next to a recruits name, they should know they have no shot. Even 4 is pushing it.
I do think they will try and use playing in the Big East as a recruiting incentive against us. It will take some time for recruits to realize the Big East isn't the Big East anymore. Not to say they will end up there, just that they will use it against us.

Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 7.05.06 PM.png

You're probably right, Jeke.

Correct. Ennis commitment will have no impact on Whitehead, since they play different positions.
Ahh, so is your apprehension b/c of Lincoln or competing schools?

Ahh, so is your apprehension b/c of Lincoln or competing schools?
When a top recruit from Lincoln doesn't have a recruitment that isn't a circus, it'll be the first lol. He's good but not worth putting up with the nonsense if it occurs.

When a top recruit from Lincoln doesn't have a recruitment that isn't a circus, it'll be the first lol. He's good but not worth putting up with the nonsense if it occurs.
I see, understandable. Plus we have Gbinje in the SG spot -- he'll be a sophomore (transfer w/3 years of elibility remaining) when Whitehead would come in -- TC to back up. So we're not as thin there as PG.

I see, understandable. Plus we have Gbinje in the SG spot -- he'll be a sophomore when Whitehead would come in -- TC to back up. So we're not as thin there as PG.

TC to back up? I guess we'll have to see how that plays out. I think it could easily go the other way.

TC to back up? I guess we'll have to see how that plays out. I think it could easily go the other way.

Well, my point was about Whitehead looking at the SG position with 2 guys already there (this may not be a deterrent for him if he's as talented as some say). But as between to those 2 guys -- you make a good point. In fact, with TC already shirted last year and Gbinje sitting out this season, by season's end TC will have had a whole year of (backup) PT under his belt. So at that point, I think you're right that he would be the likely starter, unless Gbinje was exploding ala west johnson in practice.

Either way, Whitehead is looking at competing against 2 relatively young guys at the SG spot as of 2013.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom