Class of 2015 - F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse

We don't have a very athletic roster, unfortunately, so I agree with you: Lydon is our best athlete. I guess G would be next in line?:noidea:
I might actually go with Joseph. He's a pretty freakish athlete...it's just his skill level that isn't quite a match for how athletic he is. Roberson would be up there in the top 4 as well (along with G). Howard would probably be up in the top 5, too.

I might actually go with Joseph. He's a pretty freakish athlete...it's just his skill level that isn't quite a match for how athletic he is. Roberson would be up there in the top 4 as well (along with G). Howard would probably be up in the top 5, too.

Roberson's odd in that he has tremendous leaping ability but he's the most "mechanical" player I've seen in a while. Everything he does looks herky jerky. Nothing is smooth. It's all mental with him; when he reacts instead of thinks, he plays much better.

Joseph is an explosive athlete as well but again: last year he was thinking too much out there. When he attacked (like in the BC game on the road), he showed his athletic ability. Plus, you'd think a great athlete would be able to lift both arms above the shoulders on the defensive end.:eek:;)

Barring injury, I don't see any "bust potential" in Lydon -- at all. Keep in mind that even though he was a year younger than all of these guys, he played on that Under 18 Team USA squad that featured blue chippers like Tyus Jones, Justice Winslow, and Stanley Johnson [among others], superstar recruits who were older and had already completed high school.

Lydon led that team in rebounds and minutes played, even though the three players above are all projected as lottery picks. Think about that for a second.

Like we've both stated, I expect the usual freshman growing pains as he gets his feet wet, but this kid is going to be terrific for us.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Bust was probably the wrong word to use there- I was more referring to just the fact that he plays differently than a lot of guys his size, and any time you have an unconventional player entering a new level of play there's always question marks (I think he would have been ranked a lot higher if this wasn't the case). I tend to agree with you though, I think he will be a stud. His versatility will be a tremendous asset for us while we're limited to only 10 scholarship players and is what makes his ceiling so high.

I was thinking about it and not only do I think Tyler is the best athlete on the team, but I think he's also the best pro prospect on this year's roster. To be honest, I don't think it's even particularly close: http://.com/power-rankings-nba-prospects-for-16/

His name is Shereef Taylor and he played at SUNY New Paltz. No clue what the SU connection is. Maybe he's involved in The Basketball Tournament?

Thanks. I'm sitting here thinking "what fairly recent player is that who grew a beard?"

I laughed so hard at this and pictured the coaches making Kaleb walk around campus all year with his hands in the air. :p

This might sound really stupid and naive but I wonder if the Kaleb-hands-down-all-the-time thing was a pet peeve for the SU coaches last year. It seems inconceivable to me that Kaleb would refuse to get his hands up and close out on shooters all season last year, if the coaches were hounding him about it. It's not a skill and it's not something you need to practice. :bang::noidea::confused::mad::(couchburn:bat:

This might sound really stupid and naive but I wonder if the Kaleb-hands-down-all-the-time thing was a pet peeve for the SU coaches last year. It seems inconceivable to me that Kaleb would refuse to get his hands up and close out on shooters all season last year, if the coaches were hounding him about it. It's not a skill and it's not something you need to practice. :bang::noidea::confused::mad::(couchburn:bat:

Must be a small guard thing as i recall both gmac and jonny flynn having the same problem. Given they were dynamite on the other side its forgivable. If kaleb can start rolling on offense i think we can swallow a little bad d here and there. 5 less seconds will help too.