Tyler Lydon | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Lydon

That is exactly the issue. Coaches watch practice and determined that Chino and DC don't contribute enough for them to NOT play Lydon at the five.

Given their druthers, Lydon is a 3-4..

I hear ya and would always give the nod to the coaches on that front. My point though is that JB may be forced to make adjustments away from using a lineup with the four players I mentioned because some nights we will be severely over-matched down low. At that point he will have to pick his poison.

I should dig up the thread where everyone was flipping out because Lydon was going to be getting minutes at the five.

Identical board reaction to Dungey bring listed in the two - deep.

This just in: coaches watch kids in practice every day. We don't.
you nailed it

I should dig up the thread where everyone was flipping out because Lydon was going to be getting minutes at the five.

Identical board reaction to Dungey bring listed in the two - deep.

This just in: coaches watch kids in practice every day. We don't.

You watched the game today... are you not flipping out if he continues to play the 5? He was awful on the boards today. AWFUL.

We're only seeing Tyler at center because of our issues there this year. Looking forward to seeing his length and savvy at the forward spot after time in the weight room when he can't be pushed around. What a nice stroke he has. He has very good rebounding instincts getting a hand on the ball but lacks the balance and strength to haul all of them in.

LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE

bpo57 said:
I hear ya and would always give the nod to the coaches on that front. My point though is that JB may be forced to make adjustments away from using a lineup with the four players I mentioned because some nights we will be severely over-matched down low. At that point he will have to pick his poison.
yep...and I don't think there's a good answer. Even worse when we get in foul trouble.

CusefanATL said:
You watched the game today... are you not flipping out if he continues to play the 5? He was awful on the boards today. AWFUL.

It's not practical, but he's about all we've got.

When McCullough went pro and Diagne didn't qualify, it was Coleman or bust.

Lydon is bust, but he gives you something others don't: he plays some defense, rebounds reasonably well despite his slender build, sets a nice pick, passes well, provides some offense and makes free throws.

He won't be there next year, but he plays there out of necessity this year.

Was he that bad on the boards or did Malachi Richardson's total lack of interest in even attempting to grab a rebound contribute to that perception?

Kid plays his heart out as a freshmen. He played Great.
Despite missing all of the boards the stretch where he was at the five is when we outscored them and won.
With dajuan in we traded bucket for bucket.
Malachi had a worse night on the boards then Lydon and should of grabbed atleast 3-4 more instead of 2. Outside of that he played well fo his first night against pressure d.

Despite the rebounding edge of ten FG attempts we were about a wash again which was good news.
Bonaventure 64 us 51.
We had 11 more trips to the line for 2(also huge). so about even.

Last edited:
Was he that bad on the boards or did Malachi Richardson's total lack of interest in even attempting to grab a rebound contribute to that perception?

I'm firmly on record with regard to MR's disinterest in rebounding and defense so I'm not looking to restart that argument. That said, if the staff can get him to focus on defense and rebounding then it might make the overall task a little easier. To me it would make more sense to switch G and MR in the zone or put Joseph in as G is a pretty good rebounder, particularly for his size.

I'm firmly on record with regard to MR's disinterest in rebounding and defense so I'm not looking to restart that argument. That said, if the staff can get him to focus on defense and rebounding then it might make the overall task a little easier. To me it would make more sense to switch G and MR in the zone or put Joseph in as G is a pretty good rebounder, particularly for his size.

I don't think Richardson can play the top of the zone. His lateral quickness is insufficient, to say that least, from what I've seen so far.

MR has already shown he can be a good rebounder at the wing - he's just got to stay focused and box out

I don't think Richardson can play the top of the zone. His lateral quickness is insufficient, to say that least, from what I've seen so far.

That may very well be the case although at least he has length. Pick your poison cuz if he doesn't rebound then that is intolerable.

In fairness Roberson stole two of Malachis boards, and they went out of bounce.

I thought our rebounding issues yesterday were more due to the wings not getting down and helping out than Lydon. He would take a guy in the paint and for whatever reason Roberson and Mal kept getting beat for offensive boards on the wing.

Hes the kind of player your never going to hear " Tyler Lydon well.... hes Tyler Lydon "

When was the last time we had a big man who looked smooth shooting free throws? I honestly can't remember.

His shooting stroke is pure joy. That first three the net didn't move. The second three the net snapped liked my high school girlfriend!

it's funny, but in those closing minutes he seemed to have a lot more vigor - a couple of those rebounds he gobbled up were nasty. it's baby steps with him right now

He got a big dose of a drug known as Dome madness!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom