Tyler Roberson | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson

Yeah I think Roberson/Vonleh/Lawrence is a "only get one" situation. Would rather have Vonleh IMO, but if someone wants to commit you take it. The only guy I think we'd take as a forward in addition to one of those 3 is Wiggins. If we get one plus Jordan we technically dont hae the scholly for another, but there would be some way to make room for Wiggins. Really it'd only take MCW leaving early officially to clear room.
As others have mentioned, it may be where Jordan chooses Syracuse but does not sign until the spring. If MCW stays, he would likely opt to choose another school, that would also clear an available spot for someone like Wiggins or maybe Vonleh.

As others have mentioned, it may be where Jordan chooses Syracuse but does not sign until the spring. If MCW stays, he would likely opt to choose another school, that would also clear an available spot for someone like Wiggins or maybe Vonleh.
why would we want this...it gets close to what Indiana U and Crean are doing...offering and getting more commits than available spots...I think that stinks and i am not a fan of a player committing and then going elsewhere if someone doesn't leave....lets get guys who really are committed to coming to 'Cuse!

why would we want this...it gets close to what Indiana U and Crean are doing...offering and getting more commits than available spots...I think that stinks and i am not a fan of a player committing and then going elsewhere if someone doesn't leave....lets get guys who really are committed to coming to 'Cuse!
I am not saying this is what is happening, but it would be quite an accomplishment to get a young man of Jordan's caliber to agree to walk into a crowded guard rotation if MCW stays. If he commits to SU early, but doesn't sign, wouldn't that appear to mean that he wants to come here but he is waiting to see how things play out?

We are not committing to more guys than we have schollies. We have 10 real scholarship players 2 are seniors you are allowed 13 total so we can hand out 5 schollies and return everyone.

We are not committing to more guys than we have schollies. We have 10 real scholarship players 2 are seniors you are allowed 13 total so we can hand out 5 schollies and return everyone.
Gabjon, that was not my point and I know that 'Cuse isnt doing that...i was making an analogy that having an athlete commit but leave open whether he comes or not depending on who remains to play is ridiculous...if you commit you come...if you offer you have room for the player...

I am kind of starting to hope Roberson picks Nova.

I would rather leave the door open for Vonleh or Wiggins. If we don't get either of them should be able to lock up McCullough the next year.

Gabjon, that was not my point and I know that 'Cuse isnt doing that...i was making an analogy that having an athlete commit but leave open whether he comes or not depending on who remains to play is ridiculous...if you commit you come...if you offer you have room for the player...

We have the room an a verbal is as good a the paper it is written on (like every other walk of life) the power is with the player unlike IU.

No suprise but made his top ten, kansas uk rutgers nova Florida bama smu seton hall s carolina are the others...think it comes down o us kansas and bama
like thos but I gotta say its seems to be a bit more optimistic than I can hope for at this point.SUball

I hope he goes to Nova and we get Wiggins or Vonleh in the spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom