Tyrell Richards | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyrell Richards

This kills the credibility of this kid's story, no?

Just to save everyone the trouble...

image0.png

Hope he's ok. If you follow him on social you get the feeling a lot of the current events have affected him deeply. Kind of like Dino mentioned the younger people having a mental health crisis and as coaches being able to see it and help.

so can you opt out and get the extra yr if you are suspended from the team?

Not sure if many saw it also, but when Syr Athletics tweeted out Wildhack's below statement Tyrell responded with something along the ways with "We have been trying to engage with you all summer...SMDH". Probably not good to respond to your AD publicly like this but obviously frustrated. Deleted the tweet before I could get screenshot since I knew would be deleted quickly.

Hope he's ok. If you follow him on social you get the feeling a lot of the current events have affected him deeply. Kind of like Dino mentioned the younger people having a mental health crisis and as coaches being able to see it and help.
No excuse for driving impaired by drugs. No excuse at all

No excuse for driving impaired by drugs. No excuse at all

No. But its also pretty much impossible to prove. Who knows if he was actually impaired and the officer didn't just smell weed and assume he was.

Not really true, DRE's prove it quiet often and are needed for a DUI drugs charge. Its more involved than erratic driving and smelling weed
You could say more involved ... or way more involved. There is training, but the statute almost requires DRE's to become roadside ER doctors. Extreme cases are easier calls. But lower-level impairment cases (the run-of-the-mill pot/a few beers) involve an uncomfortable level of discretion/judgment/subjectivity ... like using FST's to gauge impairment or trying to add up symptoms on a detailed medical chart at 3am on the side of a road. I'm not making excuses for the young man, don't know if he was given a breathalizer or tox screen, and haven't seen the AR or 710.30. From the news report it appears there was no accident and the only underlying charge is speeding (which is endemic these days). So ... likely an error in J for a young man who should have known better. Luckily no one was hurt so I hope he uses it as a life lesson.

Last edited:
Disappointed for the young man but hope he learns from it and moves forward. Glad he, nor anyone else were hurt. Sounds like he's been wound tight and a lot of folks fall back into bad habits/decisions in high stress environments.

Glass houses and such and those who haven't drove when they shouldn't have can feel free to chuck em but I can't here. 21-23 year old "invincible" me got rung on similar charges and I'm probably not the only one on this board to do so. Hope my 19 and 8 year old sons call an Uber if they get into a similar spot.

Don't imagine drinking and/or smoking will be going away anytime soon especially with college kids on some semblance of lock down from going out.

You could say more involved ... or way more involved. There is training, but the statute almost requires DRE's to become roadside ER doctors. Extreme cases are one thing. But lower-level impairment cases (the run-of-the-mill pot/a few beers) involve a level of discretion/judgment/subjectivity like using FST's to gauge impairment or trying to add up symptoms on a detailed medical chart at 3am. I'm not making excuses for the young man, don't know if he was given a breathalizer or tox screen, and haven't seen the AR or 710.30. There's no accident and the only underlying charge is speeding (which is endemic these days). So ... likely an error in J for a young man who should have known better. Luckily no one was hurt so I hope he uses it as a life lesson.
I know it does not make a difference for team difference but had a question. When it indicates charged is that the offense date he was arrested or does it mean the day the da filed charges.