Tyus Battle returning | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle returning

the thing is, he may well end up being the third best player on the team next year - and that is not a knock on tyus. i expect oshae to have a big sophomore leap, and, if healthy, i think bourama has the most potential of anyone on the squad
I completely agree with on Sidibe. I say he could be a 15and 12 player all year. Has great post moves and really good rebounder.

I completely agree with on Sidibe. I say he could be a 15and 12 player all year. Has great post moves and really good rebounder.
I think we will see games with those numbers, but I don’t think he will average 15ppg. Let’s say our O improves and we score 75 ppg. If Tyus is at 18ppg, Frank is at 15ppg and Oshae is at 16ppg. If we have an 8 man rotation, that leaves 26ppg for 5 guys. If Sidibe averages 15, we ain’t losing all year.

So, he should be something we’ve pretty much never had in the modern JB era of hoops?

All while splitting time at the C with PC?

Sure, that’s completely logical.:rolleyes:

Rak was the focal point his Sr year, 17.5 & 9.1

Ditto RickJack his Sr year, 13.2 & 10.3

And they both played All. The. Minutes.

I think we will see games with those numbers, but I don’t think he will average 15ppg. Let’s say our O improves and we score 75 ppg. If Tyus is at 18ppg, Frank is at 15ppg and Oshae is at 16ppg. If we have an 8 man rotation, that leaves 26ppg for 5 guys. If Sidibe averages 15, we ain’t losing all year.

The zone was really, really good last year - and for the first time since I can remember we return everyone who played significant minutes in it. It should only get better now that Tyus/Howard/OB/Marek/PC/Sidibe have another year playing in it together. Hughes has been practicing for a year in it, so he should be fine; I suspect Buddy will have no issues with it either. The only guy might be Carey.

This won't be a year that we see awful rotations and wide open 3s. It should be a well oiled machine.

Oh, there is a hitch. Or a twitch. Or a hiccup. Or spasm. Whatever it is, it’s there.

I think it’s kind of cute.

You're awesome. Of course you think it's cute.

Good morning to you!

We did show that we could play defense last year. The same guys will be back.

I hope the expected added offense enables Tyus to play a couple of less minutes a game.

LGO!
Agreed. I love the added offense, but the thing that excites me is that our defense is going to be elite again.

I think it's also going to be really tough to keep Hughes off the court. Hearing he is very, very good.

LMAO 15 and 12?!?!

Love the enthusiasm and I loved the raw talent I saw from Sidibe at times in terms of footwork and rebounding instincts amidst injury, but 15 and 12????

Love when people get excited about the season but I also love this time of year for over the top stat predictions. If Sidibe averages 15ppg that means we are scoring 115 per game.

More like 6 and 6 from the big guy. I'll take it, considering he will be (in all likelihood) splitting time all year. If you can get consistent 10 and 10-12 from the center spot, that's productive.

Love when people get excited about the season but I also love this time of year for over the top stat predictions. If Sidibe averages 15ppg that means we are scoring 115 per game.

More like 6 and 6 from the big guy. I'll take it, considering he will be (in all likelihood) splitting time all year. If you can get consistent 10 and 10-12 from the center spot, that's productive.

Sweet! So even if we bench Sidibe, we're still scoring 100ppg! 40-0, baby!

Hopefully we see a bigger increase on the offensive end from our centers which would make sense if BS is healthy and PC has a natural progression in his game. Last year the two combined for 8.1 ppg and 10.0 rpg. Not sure what the magic numbers are for this year but 12 and 11 or 12 and 12 from that spot wouldn't be a reach.

I think it's simpler than that. I think that after the Bazely nonsense, JB wasn't having it until Battle sent the paperwork to the NBA to withdraw. Who needs another circus?

Even simpler...My guess is that Tyus made the one sentence post about coming back. Someone in his family/circle suggested that he might want to say more than that along with thanking certain people. He took down the post. They took some time to come up with a very well done release and posted that.

Going back to Syracuse is on many levels an easy decision - that is where I want to be for now.

UH OH, time to break down that statement.

:)

Even simpler...My guess is that Tyus made the one sentence post about coming back. Someone in his family/circle suggested that he might want to say more than that along with thanking certain people. He took down the post. They took some time to come up with a very well done release and posted that.

I'm def not re-reading this whole thread, but I can totally see something like that. My first thought was that he wanted to announce it himself as opposed to one of the news guys breaking it, but I didn't realize he had made the IG post

Wallace. CJ Fair. Warrick.

I don't recall those being as serious as the Coleman and Battle situations. Derrick coming back led the news cast, just like this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom