Tyus Battle returning | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle returning

Do we really have a legit chance to win the national title next year? As in just as good of a chance as anyone else in the country?

Do we really have a legit chance to win the national title next year? As in just as good of a chance as anyone else in the country?
if Brisset and Dolezaj keep improving like they did over the course of last year and we stay healthy, we will be tough.

if Brisset and Dolezaj keep improving like they did over the course of last year and we stay healthy, we will be tough.
Recently, a cuse fan instragram account posted a highlight video of Elijah Hughes EC days. I guess I hadn't really watched his videos all that close, as he was a year away from contributing, and I tend to focus on the present. That said, and given this was a highlight video, I started to see someone who could be a huge weapon. Now given Tyus is back, that weapon will come off the bench, which I think is good for Elijah in that he can ease his way back. However, by the end of the year, he will be a major pain for opposing teams. He is athletic, can shoot, is big and strong, and moves well. Hopefully he won't get lost in the back of the zone as a 6'6 guy, but I guess we will see. The same can be said for Carey and Sid as well. Our top 8, with health and another positive step for Frank as a responsible pg, should be very good.

PS. I know that had Bazley come, we would not have had the team we do today on paper, but say we did, with Tyus back...dang. That team would have been an all-time one. Especially given Bazley's game and his ability to be a distributor, shooter, and another big 6'8+ rebounder in the zone.

Id say our odds should be top 10 considering our defense x returning scoring x added depth.

Recently, a cuse fan instragram account posted a highlight video of Elijah Hughes EC days. I guess I hadn't really watched his videos all that close, as he was a year away from contributing, and I tend to focus on the present. That said, and given this was a highlight video, I started to see someone who could be a huge weapon. Now given Tyus is back, that weapon will come off the bench, which I think is good for Elijah in that he can ease his way back. However, by the end of the year, he will be a major pain for opposing teams. He is athletic, can shoot, is big and strong, and moves well. Hopefully he won't get lost in the back of the zone as a 6'6 guy, but I guess we will see. The same can be said for Carey and Sid as well. Our top 8, with health and another positive step for Frank as a responsible pg, should be very good.

PS. I know that had Bazley come, we would not have had the team we do today on paper, but say we did, with Tyus back...dang. That team would have been an all-time one. Especially given Bazley's game and his ability to be a distributor, shooter, and another big 6'8+ rebounder in the zone.
He would have been a cancer in the locker room according to some...

They have to be better on offense. They were horrid on offense last year. It's great to have 94% of scoring back and now having some actual depth - but this is crucial. Can't be playing hero ball.

Become even average on the offensive end and this team can make a final four. That defense is top 10

College Basketball Preseason Top 25

Of course.

Look at teams 1 and 2. KU lost their best players and Gonzaga isn't that good the team we beat in Chicago is better than this years team will be Tillie and Huchimura are overrated.

Duke and UK with mostly freshmen are next.

Nova lost everyone and are still top 5. Nevada is 6.

Anyone who claims that a team bringing back everyone from a Sweet 16 run doesn't belong in that group at the top is crazy and going out of their way to be negative.

He had beef with OB, who really knows why.
We don’t know why, true, but it was real and had the potential to be poison for this team. As distressed as I was when we lost Bazley, after I read about their bad blood, I felt a bit of relief, thinking we may have dodged a bullet. Can you imagine having all that talent and the great fellowship our team developed, and then have it possibly fragment due to a personality conflict?(Shudder)

bazley’s not the college basketball talent brissett is imo.

I’ll always take the well spoken, good intentioned man child with the realistic potential to average 18 and 10.

He had beef with OB, who really knows why.

Not suggesting you are wrong -- but is that really true?

I heard that he was a bit aloof during his trip, which raised some eyebrows. But was there actual beef?

I heard that he was a bit aloof during his trip, which raised some eyebrows. But was there actual beef?
I forgot who, but there were multiple reliable board sources confirming this after the fact of bazley’s decommitment.

I had heard he rarely even interracted with the team on his visit and drilled/shot hoops at the melo center instead.

I dont want to say my immediate thoughts on that, but I’m thinking this was a kid with one goal in mind. That goal likely could be impacted by being “outshined” by certain players during his time at SU.

We don’t know why, true, but it was real and had the potential to be poison for this team. As distressed as I was when we lost Bazley, after I read about their bad blood, I felt a bit of relief, thinking we may have dodged a bullet. Can you imagine having all that talent and the great fellowship our team developed, and then have it possibly fragment due to a personality conflict?(Shudder)

that explains OB in that video where he's standing up through a sunroof and the crowd is chanting "Who needs Bazely"

I forgot who, but there were multiple reliable board sources confirming this after the fact of bazley’s decommitment.

I had heard he rarely even interracted with the team on his visit and drilled/shot hoops at the melo center instead.

I dont want to say my immediate thoughts on that, but I’m thinking this was a kid with one goal in mind. That goal likely could be impacted by being “outshined” by certain players during his time at SU.
Just another reason to move on from this kid.

It was talked about on Dean's pod. Basically he came to campus acted like he was the stuff and rub numerous people the wrong way most notable OB. I'm not certain OB would have left but it made the decision a lot easier for him when Bazely did what he did.

There was definitely an issue between them. Beef/ butted heads, whatever you want to call it. It was probably all Bazley because you don’t hear about OB beefing with teammates. Bazley seems like the headcase.

Do you believe what you post or just like throwing H0T Takes around?
What? Brissett was a very impressive freshman and a potential top 15 pick in 2019. Hard to one up that. He came in physically ready.

Do you believe what you post or just like throwing H0T Takes around?

Let's be fair, it's not just TrueBlue, the DB talk is a lot of DBery to it. It's sour grapes, enough for a whinery.

As for the rumors, a lot of it is vaguery, and based on folks' takes, rather than specifics(at least from Ive read so far, if there is something I missed, I will retract this statement...but I dont enjoy spreading rumors). It's like your family, you give them the benefit of the doubt. Who is going to defend someone who spurned the team over someone currently on it(ok, our boy Frank was the exception with these folks lol), even if there were actual facts, rather than a difficult to disprove narrative that makes some folks feel better to repeat?

I mean, did these "insiders" with the narrative include the "insider" who was beyond certain we were done recruiting for 2018? People on here complain when others trash a college kids' decisions to leave early, but dont mind doing it to a high school kid. SMH Are we to assume OB is faultless, the next Jesus or something? If anyone cares, I don't know, and dont care. Although I guess that's what message boards are for, to take up our time with endless speculation.

I obviously dont make my posts with the inent of getting 20 likes, lol(To quote Tont Clifton[Andy Kaufman], "If I made one person happy, then it was all worth it).

Even if the rumors were true(blue), we dont have to hate on DB to love OB on here or OG. ;) Welcome me back, you miscreants! Shower me with boos! lol

Last edited:

We have a better chance to win it than any other team picked to finish sixth in their own conference. (in the top pinned thread today) I actually read it, celebrating the day we helped unleash the hell of communism on much of the world, that some of our families suffered from greatly.

I feel in form today folks, lol. Who else brings this kind of content?

EDIT: If you want some entertainment, read the comments under Mike Waters' article after he proclaimed us title contenders. Can anyone disagree that some of it wasnt entertaining?

Last edited:
Back on topic, I'm stoked that Tyus is back, it's about time we had something go our way!

(and because I can keep my avatar!)

Let's be fair, it's not just TrueBlue, the DB talk is a lot of DBery to it. It's sour grapes, enough for a whinery.

As for the rumors, a lot of it is vaguery, and based on folks' takes, rather than specifics. It's like your family, you give them the benefit of the doubt. Who is going to defend someone who spurned the team over someone currently on it(ok, our boy Frank was the exception with these folks lol), even if there were actual facts, rather than a difficult to disprove narrative that makes some folks feel better to repeat?

I mean, did these "insiders" with the narrative include the "insider" who was beyond certain we were done recruiting for 2018? People on here complain when others trash a college kids' decisions to leave early, but dont mind doing it to a high school kid. SMH Are we to assume OB is faultless, the next Jesus or something? If anyone cares, I don't know, and dont care. Although I guess that's what message boards are for, to take up our time with endless speculation.

I obviously dont make my posts with the inent of getting 20 likes, lol(To quote Tont Clifton[Andy Kaufman], "If I made one person happy, then it was all worth it).

Even if the rumors were true(blue), we dont have to hate on DB to love OB on here or OG. ;) Welcome me back, you miscreants! Shower me with boos! lol
Welcome back, you miscreant!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom