Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad,sis,brother in law and nephew all went to Nova. It’s a culture. It’s a small family. It’s intimate where everyone knows one another. They all keep in touch and get together. Nova is a clique. Great education with a beautiful safe campus. Many alumni want their kids to follow. Wright is an excellent coach, charming and handsome. Good salesman attributes. Nova players seem very articulate and academic. Nova won’t settle for less. It’s an overall nice package for a recruit. Oh, and yes I am jealous and hate them.
That all sounds fine and cute but their formula is simple...very similar to UNC's...they get 4 star and borderline 5 star players to stay for long periods of time there and they are reaping the benefits of it right now...They are getting players because they are winning right now..let's not forget a few years ago, they were about to fire Jay.

That all sounds fine and cute but their formula is simple...very similar to UNC's...they get 4 star and borderline 5 star players to stay for long periods of time there and they are reaping the benefits of it right now...They are getting players because they are winning right now..let's not forget a few years ago, they were about to fire Jay.
Yes that’s the recipe and what they do. But I don’t see their recruiting falling off anytime soon if Wright is there

Yes that’s the recipe and what they do. But I don’t see their recruiting falling off anytime soon if Wright is there
agree and we try to do this as well but we recruit/get kids who the nba usually drools over or have the measurements that the nba is looking for right now. Tall pgs, pf/sfs who can shoot from the outside and that are long etc

He must have decided to enter the draft regardless of his feedback. Why did he not hire an agent when it seems he is hell bent on leaving Syracuse no matter what...?

Maybe he and his parents disagree and his parents convinced him to leave his options open, but ultimately are letting him have the final decision.

That’s basically what we did before Ennis left wayyy early and created the domino effect.

agree and we try to do this as well but we recruit/get kids who the nba usually drools over or have the measurements that the nba is looking for right now. Tall pgs, pf/sfs who can shoot from the outside and that are long etc

The guys who fit best in the zone turn out to be the same long, interchangeable, 3 and D wings, that key to today's NBA

That’s basically what we did before Ennis left wayyy early and created the domino effect.

Or maybe guys don’t want to be here. What’s our culture at this point? Outside of a couple guys the options seem to be leave early or transfer.

Or maybe guys don’t want to be here. What’s our culture at this point? Outside of a couple guys the options seem to be leave early or transfer.

Gbinije, Cooney, Roberson, Coleman, Howard all stayed. A lot more left early and majority were drafted in 1st round (minus Grant).

No idea what the culture is but I think the fact we haven’t had the 4-5 year guys at spots 8-10 is what has hurt. Sanctions were a killer. Misses (Joseph, Thompson) have been a killer too.

Not sure kids don’t want to be here, though that could be a factor. Don’t know . It’s a complicated answer.

Syracuse gets kids who want to be professional basketball players...other schools get professional basketball players.

This is my concern too.

Gbinije, Cooney, Roberson, Coleman, Howard all stayed. A lot more left early and majority were drafted in 1st round (minus Grant).

No idea what the culture is but I think the fact we haven’t had the 4-5 year guys at spots 8-10 is what has hurt. Sanctions were a killer. Misses (Joseph, Thompson) have been a killer too.

Not sure kids don’t want to be here, though that could be a factor. Don’t know . It’s a complicated answer.

The mystery question is how much the kids want or don’t want to play/stay in the system here especially if there is some chance to bolt and get picked. Even if they are pulling houdinis on these NBA execs. We’ve had a streak of draft picks but we also have been bubble material and not very good since mid-season on of the Ennis season.

Mike G saved us from the Kaleb disaster, made amazing strides, and was the team MVP his final year. G is one of my favorite Orangemen, period.

The other players were role players. Some could say Roberson and Cooney (though a very good zone defender) never developed much. Poor Coleman and his injuries. Hell of a fighter. Howard apparently was close to being banished. The others though like Cooney/Roberson were never NBA players, had limited skills, nor would it have made sense to leave mid-career to go elsewhere.

Last edited:
The mystery question is how much the kids want or don’t want to play/stay in the system here especially if there is some chance to bolt and get picked.

Mike G saved us from the Kaleb disaster, made amazing strides, and was the team MVP his final year. G is one of my favorite Orangemen, period.

The other players were role players. Some could say Roberson and Cooney (though a very good zone defender) never fully developed. Poor Coleman and his injuries. Hell of a fighter. Howard apparently was close to being banished. The others though like Cooney/Roberson were never NBA players, had limited skills, nor would it have made sense to leave mid-career to go elsewhere.

And the guys who have left outside of MCW and Waiters could’ve come back with not a lot of risk, but choose to leave. I don’t blame them for striking while the iron is hot, but not one of them came back? Just one and it debunks this, but not one of them stay and it seems like everyone is just waiting to leave at the first opportunity.

Last edited:
And the guys who have left outside of MCW and Waiters could’ve come back with not a lot of risk, but choose to leave. I don’t blame them for striking while the iron is hot, but not one of them came back? Just one and it debunks this, but not one of them stay and it seems like everyone is just waiting to leave at the first opportunity.

CJ Fair stayed. I’m not buying your nonsense about having a bad culture. Players leave when they have the opportunity to be a 1st round draft pick. And kids transfer to get playing time someplace else. That’s true everywhere.

The mystery question is how much the kids want or don’t want to play/stay in the system here especially if there is some chance to bolt and get picked. Even if they are pulling houdinis on these NBA execs. We’ve had a streak of draft picks but we also have been bubble material and not very good since mid-season on of the Ennis season.

The other players were role players. Some could say Roberson and Cooney (though a very good zone defender) never developed much. Poor Coleman and his injuries. Hell of a fighter. Howard apparently was close to being banished. The others though like Cooney/Roberson were never NBA players, had limited skills, nor would it have made sense to leave mid-career to go elsewhere.

Meh...Sweet 16’s, Elite 8’s and Final Fours are fun. Maybe kids enjoy playing for a great coach at a great program that continues to have a lot of success.

So was Dion Waiters. And he has nothing but great things to say about Coach Boeheim, as does just about every kid that played for him.
Yep... I think it's the loyalty he has for his guys. It often doesn't look like it but in the end, he's there for his players.

I'm not sure if I missed it in here, but SI did a mock today, and Tyus was #55. Would that be good?(for us, him?) I havent read much of this thread.

In contrast, Huerter(a Cuse miss) is #18, and Grayson Allen who Ive seen people say made a "mistake" by staying in school is at #37. I'm not arguing that, just mentioning guys who get mentioned. I havent read enough in here to see where else Tyus is projected, but is having only 5 people behind him in the SI mock a place he is comfortable with? I'm asking sincerely. Here's the whole list for your viewing pleasure, if you haven't seen it yet.

I was considering a separate thread, but didn't know if that or this is the preferred format, so I went conservative.
NBA Mock Draft 7.1: All 60 picks post-combine

I'm not sure if I missed it in here, but SI did a mock today, and Tyus was #55. Would that be good?(for us, him?) I havent read much of this thread.

In contrast, Huerter(a Cuse miss) is #18, and Grayson Allen who Ive seen people say made a "mistake" by staying in school is at #37. I'm not arguing that, just mentioning guys who get mentioned. I havent read enough in here to see where else Tyus is projected, but is having only 5 people behind him in the SI mock a place he is comfortable with? I'm asking sincerely. Here's the whole list for your viewing pleasure, if you haven't seen it yet.

I was considering a separate thread, but didn't know if that or this is the preferred format, so I went conservative.
NBA Mock Draft 7.1: All 60 picks post-combine
Allen made a huge mistake. Likely a high first rounder as a soph

Meh...Sweet 16’s, Elite 8’s and Final Fours are fun. Maybe kids enjoy playing for a great coach at a great program that continues to have a lot of success.
This^^^
And isn’t it fascinating that some in our fan base, actually look at the string of 1st round draft picks and somehow imply its a negative?
Seriously- its gone from:
“We’re a great and consistent program that’s produced a 1st round pick for 8(?) consecutive years”,
to:
“What’s wrong in our program that players wanna leave and go to the NBA”?...y’know, where they can get paid millions of dollars and fulfill their life-long dreams and whatnot? Why are they leaving to go do that? Maybe its because of JB’s personality, our style of play, the Zone, or perhaps the Final 4’s, Elite 8’s, and Sweet 16’s which “make” them wanna go get drafted? What could it is possibly be?
Ridiculous. :bat:

Last edited:
That doesn't even really make sense. Villanova has had 2 guys drafted in the past decade and only 6 since y2k. Weird that they're so coveted, yet so rare in the NBA...

Talk about getting a lot out of a little, might be why many consider JW to be the best in the business.

Or
not come here at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.