U.S. Open at Shinnecock | Syracusefan.com

U.S. Open at Shinnecock

I like Tommy Fleetwood at 45-1.

Tonnes of value on "number of players onder par" bets this week. The US will be scared to screw this tournament venue up again like it did in 2004.

Rickie. I’ve picked him for the last four majors. Gotta be right one of these times, right? Right?

Day, Spieth, Mickelson, Scott.

Rickie. I’ve picked him for the last four majors. Gotta be right one of these times, right? Right?

Rickie did well in the Masters but I'll believe it when I see it with him. Love to see him do it though. My employer is one of his primary sponsors.

Rickie did well in the Masters but I'll believe it when I see it with him. Love to see him do it though. My employer is one of his primary sponsors.
He's too good to not win a major eventually, even with the tremendous depth of talent out there. Here's hoping he doesn't have a Sergio-like wait.

Tonnes of value on "number of players onder par" bets this week. The US will be scared to screw this tournament venue up again like it did in 2004.

#1 Looks at weather forecast

#2 Looks at early scores (average player is 1.1 shots over par through about 3 holes right now)

#3 Rips up bet.

#4 Swears at himself

Day, Spieth, Mickelson, Scott.

Adam Scott has taken a sudden fall this year. Didn't realize how bad until last Monday when I saw he had to open qualify.

He is 67th in the world right now and is not in the top 100 in terms of points earned in calendar 2018.

Not nearly as bad as my call in post #4, however,

Jordan Speith crapping the bed early on.

Adam Scott has taken a sudden fall this year. Didn't realize how bad until last Monday when I saw he had to open qualify.

He is 67th in the world right now and is not in the top 100 in terms of points earned in calendar 2018.

Not nearly as bad as my call in post #4, however,
Oh, I know he hadn't been good. Just seems like the kind of guy who could jump up and play well, and he's always been a favorite of mine. Probably wishful thinking.

My quick count had the field at +138 ... with 74 players on the course. That is +1.8 and the players have averaged less than 9 holes.

Has to be tracking at over 75 on a par 70 course.

Featured Group this morning.

Though 5 holes
Rory +6
Speith +5
Mickelson +2

Last edited:
What surgery has Holly Sonders had in the last year? Lips perhaps?

I know lasr year (or the year before) they featured the assplants.

US Open is by far my least favorite major. It is not a fun watch for me.

Tiger just blew up on the first hole. That was ugly.

The morning half was brutal on top 10 players except Justin Rose.

Speith 78
Day 79
Rory 80

Phil also shot 77 and tiger is struggling right now. As is Jon Rahm.

Need Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas to do well to keep some top names on the board.

Dustin Johnson off to a hot start at -2 through 5.

Seems like the afternoon half may have it a few strokes easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom