UCLA a 4 seed... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UCLA a 4 seed...

Why would you expect me to argue any of your points when you are failing to do the courtesy of the same for me? When you are moving the goalposts all the time and attributing comments to me that I never made.

I clearly laid out 2 assumptions to compare the records of the two.

#1. I discounted 2 games because the top 3 in the Pac 12 play each other. Is that not fair. Is that wrong?

Yes or No.

#2.

Cal/USC/Stanford/Colorado/Utah is better than St. Mary's / BYU / San Francisco.

The head to head records are in favour of the WCC
The analytics are a draw.

So basically you are saying
a) I ignore the head to head records
b) I ignore the analytics
c) My eye test is better.

I guess the big difference in our arguments is that I didn't call you stupid.

Here's my very simple take. The top five teams (in terms of RPI) in the P-12 are 57-7 OOC. Three of those teams are considered amongst the ten most likely to win it all according to the oddsmakers in Vegas. Other than that the two leagues are quite similar.

I guess the big difference in our arguments is that I didn't call you stupid.

Here's my very simple take. The top five teams (in terms of RPI) in the P-12 are 57-7 OOC. Three of those teams are considered amongst the ten most likely to win it all according to the oddsmakers in Vegas. Other than that the two leagues are quite similar.

Yes, whether we are disagreeing now or in the past, and despite being flustered, I should not have called you stupid. I apologize for that.

Our wires are being crossed, because there is a lot of similar points, and I am sure you would agree with my conclusion in the end. My conclusion is nothing controversial or pro UCLA, pro Gonzaga. or pro P12 or WCC. That is why I am getting flustered.

All I am trying to do is bring down a Pac-12 team's record to a Gonzaga level schedule

I agree that the Pac-12 is great at the top (3 teams). Gonzaga doesn't play those teams. UCLA does, and their 2 losses should be pardoned if we are trying to equate the two.

So both teams are 29-1 in "Gonzaga's world". UCLA lost to one mid tier team in USC. Gonzaga lost to one mid tier team in BYU. Neither teams plays that many mid tier programs (this year anyway as the P12 is a little down), so once I have discounted the hard losses we are not far from apples to applies.

Vegas likes all 4 teams actually, not just 3. So do I. And I would not be surprised to see a combination of two make the final 4. Some 1 seed in the east or Southeast region will not be happy to have a Pac-12 team as a 2 or 3 seed in their group.

Anyway, if you agree or disagree no point arguing any more. We have a game to watch.

Yes, whether we are disagreeing now or in the past, and despite being flustered, I should not have called you stupid. I apologize for that.

Our wires are being crossed, because there is a lot of similar points, and I am sure you would agree with my conclusion in the end. My conclusion is nothing controversial or pro UCLA, pro Gonzaga. or pro P12 or WCC. That is why I am getting flustered.

All I am trying to do is bring down a Pac-12 team's record to a Gonzaga level schedule

I agree that the Pac-12 is great at the top (3 teams). Gonzaga doesn't play those teams. UCLA does, and their 2 losses should be pardoned if we are trying to equate the two.

So both teams are 29-1 in "Gonzaga's world". UCLA lost to one mid tier team in USC. Gonzaga lost to one mid tier team in BYU. Neither teams plays that many mid tier programs (this year anyway as the P12 is a little down), so once I have discounted the hard losses we are not far from apples to applies.

Vegas likes all 4 teams actually, not just 3. So do I. And I would not be surprised to see a combination of two make the final 4. Some 1 seed in the east or Southeast region will not be happy to have a Pac-12 team as a 2 or 3 seed in their group.

Anyway, if you agree or disagree no point arguing any more. We have a game to watch.

Apology accepted. I get your points. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm just offering my opinion that Gonzaga is not on the level of those three teams and that their league is pretty weak. Just my opinion, nothing more than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom