UCLA fires Steve Alford | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UCLA fires Steve Alford

Pitino's issues aren't media related. They eat him up especially when he's winning, which is every spot he's been to college wise. I would love this marriage of convenience. I've retired from moralizing any coach or program because I frankly don't care anymore. Give me a guy who wins and who could inject life into a big time program.

The rest of the stuff has happened everywhere and it's all about who gets caught, who is under the surveillance and luck.

There’s plenty who think like you do. But you know that there would be a huge uproar from the usual suspects, especially the National media.

Some places would be willing to endure the criticism, but many, if not most, would not. We live in a world in which facts don’t matter, only perception.

Just ask the ex-Duke Lacrosse coach.

Alford goes to 3 Sweet 16's in 5 seasons and is fired for being a dismal failure. Wooden spoiled UCLA 4 ever. Outside of Cal or K who is going to do a lot better?

There’s plenty who think like you do. But you know that there would be a huge uproar from the usual suspects, especially the National media.

Some places would be willing to endure the criticism, but many, if not most, would not. We live in a world in which facts don’t matter, only perception.

Just ask the ex-Duke Lacrosse coach.

Completely agree. I feel like UCLA, UNLV type programs can suppress morality for the proper heat Rick would bring to the program and the results. It makes too much sense. He would relish the LA spotlight

Completely agree. I feel like UCLA, UNLV type programs can suppress morality for the proper heat Rick would bring to the program and the results. It makes too much sense. He would relish the LA spotlight

They didn’t with Jim Harrick.

They have other less controversial options. Billy Donovan could come back to college basketball, but not sure it’ll be for UCLA. He may not want to deal with that unrealistic fan base. Still, it would be a home run hire. Fred Hoiberg and Eric Musselman are likely at the top of Guerrero’s list. There’s also talk of Kevin Keatts, Chris Beard (Texas Tech) and even...wait for it...our old nemesis Jamie freakin Dixon. He’s a Hollywood native. But I’d be surprised if they go that route considering they (moronically) fired Dixon’s compadre and mentor Ben Howland, who’s now doing very well at backwater Mississippi State.

My guess is he's as likely to get that job as JB. Though part of me would love to see JB in LA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom