UCONN…. | Syracusefan.com

UCONN….

I don’t care for them as well, but they know how to run a fast break, and play lock down defense.

Yeah I don't understand all the respect for UCONN.

I don't like their program. Never will. If they're good or terrible, my feeling remains the same.
Understand that.
But I never had a problem with the program.
Gotta give them credit.
It was the fans.
UConn has some of the most ill-mannered, unsportsmanlike, and ignorant fans ever.

Having said that...did the team just go on a 33-3 run against Illinois?

Last edited:
Well,

They have more championships, more Final Fours, more Big East tournament titles, more big east regular season titles.

Since 99, their resume is unmatched. They were in no man’s land in the AAC, and now are on one of the greatest NCAA tournament runs ever. Closest game in the past 10 NCAA tournament games, their closest win is 13 points I believe?

As much as I hate them, they are unbelievable. They are the standard right now. Meanwhile, we haven’t been relevant in a very long time. Tough to stomach for me.

Hurley is good, we will continue to bitch about him standing in the court whilst he racks up wins

I can accept their 2023 and likely 2024 titles much more easily, than the 2011 and 2014 National Titles. These are great teams -- dominant teams. It probably doesn't help that we were also in our sweet spot between 2009-2014 as well.

I don't think it matters what breaks they got in terms of matchups this year - nobody is likely going to stop them. Its dominance which has to be respected. Could have been a similar thing to a lesser extent last year - they had breaks in terms of who they played, but dominated them so maybe it didn't matter either.

Hurley has this program at a totally different level than those 2011 and 2014 teams, and he inherited a bit of a mess. I don't why it irks people so much to call that stretch somewhat "lucky", and for saying that Hurley has massively elevated what we saw from that era. But it does apparently.

They could be on a long run like the 1994-2009 UConn team, who had 4 #1 seeds and 6#2 seeds over a 16 year period (63% a top 2 seed over 16 year period, has probably only been matched by Kansas maybe). If anything that run could have resulted in more than 2 titles.

Last edited:
Never saw a 30 point run before. That was impressive. Their team is impressive, especially Klingan (sp?). Not happy to admit this, but they are a great team

Never saw a 30 point run before. That was impressive. Their team is impressive, especially Klingan (sp?). Not happy to admit this, but they are a great team

In the entire history of the NCAA the all time record is 39-0. Not the record in NCAA tournament, but any NCAA game. Includes the hundreds of cupcake mismatches each year.

To get a game like an elite 8 game (that should at least be somewhat evenly matched) within breathing distance of that all time record is crazy.

They’ve been the most dominant team in the tournament I can remember. Even 2012 UK had a couple of tough games.

Well,

They have more championships, more Final Fours, more Big East tournament titles, more big east regular season titles.

Since 99, their resume is unmatched. They were in no man’s land in the AAC, and now are on one of the greatest NCAA tournament runs ever. Closest game in the past 10 NCAA tournament games, their closest win is 13 points I believe?

As much as I hate them, they are unbelievable. They are the standard right now. Meanwhile, we haven’t been relevant in a very long time. Tough to stomach for me.
While that is all true, I’m still missing why that would make them YOUR daddy.

I can respect a team's greatness and hate them a the same time. It's just a bit depressing because of where we are right now. I hate that we have nearly the same number of FF's yet they've converted 5 to NC's and gave a chance at another.

Guys, it was tongue in cheek at this disgusting run they are on. It sickens me as a Syracuse fan. We hoped their program rotted away. Unfortunately, it’s stronger than ever. No they didn’t beat us. But as someone else mentioned. During our resurgence from 2010-2014 before another probation, we had two excellent teams. We didn’t win any tournament and they still won 2. Flukes or not, they are just the better program and it’s disheartening to watch them dominate.

A 30-0 run in the Elite 8 is wild. And as much as I hate to say it, they are a good watch. They play the game the right way. I don’t enjoy watching a team I loathe play such a good, team oriented style of basketball.

Bottom line, IMO, our program is not on the same tier as their program and that pisses me off.

Title of my original post that got moved to here...

UConn Success Directly Related to Boeheim

If Hop stayed on like the succession plan dictated back in 2018, I firmly believe that UConn's massive success and resurgence would not be taking place. Hop took Isaiah Stewart w him to UW, a virtual Syracuse lock from Albany and future NBA'er, Andre Jackson, would have come here. We were first in on Clingan recruitment, and we had a good shot at him. I believe Hop snags him, the crucial piece to UConn's recent domination. Dude prob did not want to play for Boeheim and the out-dated zone, like all other option-A centers we've recruited.

Boeheim's decision to stick around really, truly had ramifications that extended beyond what happened in CNY- it handed our main northeast recruiting rival a huge upper hand on the recruiting trail over us. The main evidence of that is Andre Jackson. I just wonder, what if, what if, what if Hop got to take over six years ago, how things would be for this program, as well as UConn's.

Last edited:
Our fans love to give material to the boneyard. They get off to this stuff. I don’t get why you guys give them the satisfaction. And I’m referring to multiple posts/threads not just this one.

It’s annoying that UConn is very likely to win their 4th? I think national championship

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom