Uconn - Always there to cheer you up | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn - Always there to cheer you up

Bonaventure probably beats us. They have the best guard (Lofton) and the best center (Osunniyi) on either team.

They haven't really beaten anyone other than VCU. Losses to URI and Saint Louis. Not sure I would crown them yet even though I agree they def have talent.

They haven't really beaten anyone other than VCU. Losses to URI and Saint Louis. Not sure I would crown them yet even though I agree they def have talent.
Saint Louis was in the Top 25 earlier this year. They're good, and dominated NC State at full strength. Rhode Island is also Top 75 KenPom. One spot better than Pitt, who we lost twice to. They're good. And likely better than us. Which says a lot about where we stand as a program right now.

Yep they suck too.

But there’s hardly anyone here who can confidently say they know we’d beat them.

thats where we’re at

Saint Louis was in the Top 25 earlier this year. They're good, and dominated NC State at full strength. Rhode Island is also Top 75 KenPom. One spot better than Pitt, who we lost twice to. They're good. And likely better than us. Which says a lot about where we stand as a program right now.

St. Louis also lost to Dayton and below 500 LASalle. They are 0-2 in A-10 and not that good.

Rhode Island is below 500 and is not better than Pitt no matter what the NET says.

We may be mediocre but don’t go crazy.

Cuse!

I've watched URI a lot. We ain't much to write home about but we are better than URI. SL smoked SBU by 12. Don't take my point as glorifying SU just speaking to the fact that SB hasn't beaten anyone and lost to a couple of ok teams. SL once being in top 25 doesn't mean much. We had years we were top 25 and went nowhere.

St. Louis also lost to Dayton and below 500 LASalle. They are 0-2 in A-10 and not that good.

Rhode Island is below 500 and is not better than Pitt no matter what the NET says.

We may be mediocre but don’t go crazy.

Cuse!

SLU missed a month with COVID.

What is in common with SU, UConn, SBU, SL and URI? Well we all probably end up on the outside looking in come selection Sunday and sadly it's not a shocker anymore we are on that list again.

Negative, its Nova, they have separated from the pack
Hard to consider West Virginia an Eastern team any longer.

Here are the games that have played this season north of or east of Morgantown:

1 (at Georgetown)

Not a single game north of the Mason-Dixon line. I haven't watched them play a game in close to a decade, mostly because they so rarely play Eastern teams.

They still have to play @Nova, @Seton Hall, @Xavier and Providence at home. They do have Gtown twice. They might need to make a huge run in the BET like what we needed to last year in the ACCT

Bonaventure probably beats us. They have the best guard (Lofton) and the best center (Osunniyi) on either team.
Bonaventure rides their starters more than we ride ours. It’s crazy haha

SLU is legit. 30+ day pause was brutal but once they’re humming they’re easily the best team in the A10. Their stock is low right now if you’re a gambling man I would buy some futures.

I have some nice final four and natty tickets.

Bouknight is a fringe lottery guy, he's not coming back and appears unlikely to play again this year.

Akok was an OK player before he got hurt but with the injury who knows if he ever gets back to 100%. Id rather have Anslem at this point. Jackson is going to be a good player id definitely take him but not for Kadary.

I wouldn't take Jackson for Kadary, straight up. And I'm aware that we prioritized Jackson as an uber-athletic in-state guy. But things worked out for the best.

ALSO, had we landed Jackson, not only don't we get Kadary, but I doubt that we would have gotten Griffin, either.

So...

Bonaventure rides their starters more than we ride ours. It’s crazy haha

Sure could have used Osunnyi:

10.8 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.4 blocks.

Up to 220 pounds at 6-10. That was a costly miss.

1613077343667.png

Sure could have used Osunnyi:

10.8 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.4 blocks.

Up to 220 pounds at 6-10. That was a costly miss.

View attachment 196328

Agreed, I thought he had great potential and seemed like a true under the radar guy. Still can't believe we lost out to the Bonnies.

Agreed, I thought he had great potential and seemed like a true under the radar guy. Still can't believe we lost out to the Bonnies.
I can. He's actually getting the ball there. Not a great deal, but more than our centers would even dream about.

When we got involved with him late, I thought he was just a warm body. Then, I watched film and was extremely impressed with his mobility and athleticism, and how he attacked the basket despite only weighing ~190 pounds.

Looks like he bulked up, and is now a defensive force and a stud rebounder. Imagine being able to plug him in for injured Sidibe...

When we got involved with him late, I thought he was just a warm body. Then, I watched film and was extremely impressed with his mobility and athleticism, and how he attacked the basket despite only weighing ~190 pounds.

Looks like he bulked up, and is now a defensive force and a stud rebounder. Imagine being able to plug him in for injured Sidibe...

Didn’t he follow one of his HS coaches there?

That’s kinda hard to overcome.

So - I’m not sure you can really call that a “miss”.