UConn Beat Writer Says UConn Looking to Schedule SU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Beat Writer Says UConn Looking to Schedule SU

you do know that since the big east started, we have about a 40 game lead on you on the all time big east record, don't you? I know the other members of the by don't know that, however. They all think college hoop started in 1990. It didn't. sdhusky, you are passionate about your school and that is great. But do you ever ask yourself why no major conference wants you? And before you say B.C. kept you out..they didn't. No one listened to flipper. College basketball changed forever in 1979-80- when the big east came about. It made a national player out of schools that had never even dreamed of final fours. Not us, we had already gone to one. But the Hall went to a final four. And Calhoun lifted UConn to great heights. However, college sports, basketball included, changed forever with all of this CR. And for the schools on the outside looking in, it will get worse and worse. I thank God that we are on the inside. And if it wasn't for posters like Mau and upstater, I would have been pulling for you guys. But now, any time I see our good dr., I encourage him to forget about uconn. Your fellow boneyarders have big mouths. And while they don't realize it, they have hurt the school they profess to love. Your problems weren't flipper at B.C.. Your problems were much closer.

Ummm, fans were maybe a fraction of a percent of the reason UConn is in the AAC.

ACC: Football, football, football. FSU and Clemson May or may not have lead the charge based on UConns lack of football draw but you can bet BC was an easy no vote off the bat. BC was the main reason UConn was replaced by Pitt, which had more football history also and solid hoops.

B1G: location, location, football. If UConns main campus is in Greenwich, UConn is likely in the B1G.

No other major conference makes sense.

All major sports fans have jerks and they often reflect most upon the biggest rival(s). I can tell you the carrier dome is not a friendly place for UConn fans. You should look at the Cuse board in regards to some of your rivals and think about if what UConn fans say about Cuse is worse than what Cuse fans say about UConn. It's pretty much the same.

Ummm, fans were maybe a fraction of a percent of the reason UConn is in the AAC.

ACC: Football, football, football. FSU and Clemson May or may not have lead the charge based on UConns lack of football draw but you can bet BC was an easy no vote off the bat. BC was the main reason UConn was replaced by Pitt, which had more football history also and solid hoops.

B1G: location, location, football. If UConns main campus is in Greenwich, UConn is likely in the B1G.

All major sports fans have jerks and they often reflect most upon the biggest rival(s). I can tell you the carrier dome is not a friendly place for UConn fans. You should look at the Cuse board in regards to some of your rivals and think about if what UConn fans say about Cuse is worse than what Cuse fans say about UConn. It's pretty much the same.

I've only read about 10% of the posts in this thread.

My takeaway: You're f***ed being stuck in the American.

To quote a very wise man, "F Yukon".

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This is getting pretty dumb. SDHUSKY - seriously dude, you're on a SU fan site and you're trying to convince everyone here that UCONN is on the same level historically as SU? Give it up man, you're on the wrong forum if you want anyone here to give UCONN the amount of credit you think they are due.

UCONN will be just fine in the AAC. Those big rivalry games against SMU, Tulsa, ECU, and Tulane will be riveting, and the recruiting battles for the coveted "3 Star" players will be epic.

Last edited:
This conversation is exhausting. I don't blame UConn fans for being optimistic and seeing things from their point of view and spinning things and choosing certain statistics and facts to support their team. We all do it. Well, all of us except for the truly elite. No matter how you measure it, neither Syracuse or UConn are blue bloods. If you take an unbiased look at baseline measures, SU is the more likely to reach that level. Now UConn, was there, but has slipped. And to be quite honest, despite the championships, which I am envious of, simply a great accomplishment by a great coach, UConn never had the prestige that the blue blood programs did. Calhoun built that program through blood sweat and tears. He stretched the rules of the NCAA to the limit to secure talented players. He found diamonds in the rough, he spanned the globe. He found players, he promised them they would play in the best basketball conference, they would be on TV, they would be in the spotlight. There is no such thing to promise anymore. Ollie seems to be a good coach and a good man. A good recruiter as well, but he doesn't have the same things to promise. We have heard about UConn's practice facility, and it was a wise move, but that doesn't replace the Big East. UConn could be a top 25 team for years to come, it is possible. Or they could be the occassional top 25 team. We shall see.

Umm nope... this team, with this coach has won jack . Now he moves into a FAR lesser mid major conf and is losing recruit after recruit to programs UConn never lost to before. Sure in the past you'd occasionally miss out to Duke, Syracuse, UNC etc (and you'd win some)... now you're losing recruits to the Providences of the world.

Hey, why do you have to say it like that? We have beat them out on the last 3 recruits that came down to us and them. A pattern has been emerging for a couple years now, and when we both lost out on our PF target (Abu) PC rplaced him with another top 100 player Bentil while UConn got somebody who apparently has been hidden in a bunker the last couple of years.

Hey, why do you have to say it like that? We have beat them out on the last 3 recruits that came down to us and them. A pattern has been emerging for a couple years now, and when we both lost out on our PF target (Abu) PC rplaced him with another top 100 player Bentil while UConn got somebody who apparently has been hidden in a bunker the last couple of years.
Dude win an NCAA game and you will get more respect. Seriously do you troll every board hoping and praying for a PC reference so you can interject yourself. Just let it go and good luck in the Big East as our schools will never be playing again so its doubtful you will ever need to reappear.

This thread...
care-o-meter.gif

Dude win an NCAA game and you will get more respect. Seriously do you troll every board hoping and praying for a PC reference so you can interject yourself. Just let it go and good luck in the Big East as our schools will never be playing again so its doubtful you will ever need to reappear.
Changes: PC, Cuse, UConn all in different conferences.
No Change: Balsacs is still an ahole!

When your best season in years is a run in the NIT, expect that to be ridiculed and not taken seriously by fans of a program like SU.

It would be like PC losing 3 recruits to Brown.

When your best season in years is a run in the NIT, expect that to be ridiculed and not taken seriously by fans of a program like SU.

It would be like PC losing 3 recruits to Brown.
Didn't brown beat P.C. last year?

Just lost a significant amount of brain cells reading through this thread. Wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom