Uconn being investigated by NCAA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn being investigated by NCAA

Just saw that on ESPN this morning and busted out laughing. Nice way to start the weekend off. Also if they need a new coach Tom Crean is available.
Oh my this one got me good

With our experience I don't understand how anyone can side with the NCAA when these stories break. I hate UCONN and their fans but I have to admit the hostility mainly stems from them blowing by our program during the Calhoun era. I'm jealous and we lost the high ground a while ago with our NCAA issues. Someone posted earlier. I will root for the NCAA when it's Duke, UK or UNC, until then I'm pulling for the accused.

With our experience I don't understand how anyone can side with the NCAA when these stories break. I hate UCONN and their fans but I have to admit the hostility mainly stems from them blowing by our program during the Calhoun era. I'm jealous and we lost the high ground a while ago with our NCAA issues. Someone posted earlier. I will root for the NCAA when it's Duke, UK or UNC, until then I'm pulling for the accused.
I want every school to be treated the same and fairly by the NCAA.
:rolling:

And if they had stayed in the Big East (or somehow got an ACC invite - lol) none of this would be happening, imo.

They aren't getting anyone better than Ollie. Not on a long-term basis, anyway.
he can't get along with players and coaches. I live in Ct and the buzz about him is not good. And that has nothing to do with what league they are in.

he can't get along with players and coaches. I live in Ct and the buzz about him is not good. And that has nothing to do with what league they are in.
I got this one folks, death penalty for UCONN, the NCAA hates it when mid-majors buy a recruit a pair of gloves so he doesn't freeze in the Winter. Louisville will get a restriction on the number of stripper and hooker visits on campus, and North Carolina, due to a mediocre 2017-2018 season will get additional scholarships, first right of refusal for any UCONN or Louisville transfers, and additional monies to upgrade the facilities at the Dean Dome. Meanwhile. additional scrutiny for the "Cuse, someone swears Battle got a complimentary slice at The Varsity.

Lol so the AD self reported his own coach? Who wouldn't wanna work for that guy!
no ad would do such a thing

but a "friend of the program" feeling a toxic mix of resentment and entitlement?

and i'm not even saying it was anything like that. but there might be a sense of relief in some - many - corners of the nutmeg state given the way the program has fallen into a hole

no ad would do such a thing

but a "friend of the program" feeling a toxic mix of resentment and entitlement?

and i'm not even saying it was anything like that. but there might be a sense of relief in some - many - corners of the nutmeg state given the way the program has fallen into a hole

You mean that large money donor for their football program who likes to throw his weight around?

I dont even find this funny.

UNC, compared to other actually punished schools, is getting away with murder.

I have not heard what the accusations against UCONN’s program are. But i wouldn’t be surprised if it was lightweight NCAA picking low hanging fruit instead of growing a pair

if you've got a failed coach who you can't afford to fire, and you know you are looking at several years of sucking.

then trading a couple years of probation for the opportunity to clean house might not look so bad

Last edited:
Sounds like another wheelhouse school about to get popped. If NCAA really wanted to stop the shenanigans, they would focus their attention on where the biggest shenanigans are happening and send a message to all. Instead they go after middle of the road programs or ones they don't like to give the appearance that they care.
Yup. UConn gonna pay for MSU

They had to cheat to suck this bad?

UConn's "holier than thou we are the cleanest program in America" thing was getting old. I hope they get popped.

That's a strange argument to make when you've been slapped by the NCAA for recruiting violations in 2012.

I have a UConn exception. I hope the NCAA gives them a 7 year rectal exam. Their fans reveled in our misery. It'll be fun to continue to revel in theirs.

Just saw that on ESPN this morning and busted out laughing. Nice way to start the weekend off. Also if they need a new coach Tom Crean is available.
Someone just asked him if he wanted the job.

YQInBaw.png

if you've got a failed coach who you can't afford to fire, and you know you are looking at several years of sucking.

then trading a couple years of probation for the opportunity to clean house might not look so bad

I think that's exactly what this is. UConn looking for a way out of Ollie's contract...

Well this won't help their already moribund recruiting.

Well this won't help their already moribund recruiting.
It will absolutely kill their program for several years. No decent players will want to come to a school that is on probation or has traces of recruiting problems.

Hmmm
Sources told The Courant the NCAA has already conducted roughly 100 hours of interviews with coaches, players and staffers, past and present, and other outside individuals. Those interviews have picked up in pace over the last week or so, and the inquiry includes the recruitment of at least three players, though not necessarily players who eventually came to UConn.
Hamidou Diallo, Tremont Waters, and ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom