UConn Football... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Football...

There are enormous amounts of players transferring. It's the new normal with the relaxed requirements.
So who will be the 20 transferring out of our program? Last exodus like that from our program was when Marrone came onboard

The obvious question, is there even one that we would want playing here?

I think they have a grad transfer safety that’s worth taking a look at, but probably not much else.

They don't play football in the Big East. Only UConn's Basketball and Olympic Sports were included.

UConn Football is now an FBS Independent. Along with UMass, Army, Liberty, and New Mexico St.
Double round-robin schedule gets you 8 games, add an FCS + 2 pay games and you're set.

Double round-robin schedule gets you 8 games, add an FCS + 2 pay games and you're set.
Whoops... BYU (and ND ;)) should be on that list as well, though they & Liberty are not as desperate as the other 3.

14 Potential Transfers from Stanford, including starting QB, DT, and LB - that would plug a few holes for us! they also have 3 part time starting OL in the portal. No SU interest either way as far as I know. I only post this to show that the UConn situation is not such a rarity and there must be a ton of players in the portal that could help us.

this is going on at storz...and meanwhile we have a thread out there with a few dozen board idiots trying to tell me Syracuse should schedule them.

SMH...

this is going on at storz...and meanwhile we have a thread out there with a few dozen board idiots trying to tell me Syracuse should schedule them.

SMH...
Board idiots? You are a piece of work.

14 Potential Transfers from Stanford, including starting QB, DT, and LB - that would plug a few holes for us! they also have 3 part time starting OL in the portal. No SU interest either way as far as I know. I only post this to show that the UConn situation is not such a rarity and there must be a ton of players in the portal that could help us.

Tommy is better than the Stanford QB.

Well, I couldve said what I really think of them, but it is Christmas, so I went easy.

I take it you think Cuse should schedule storz st???

Noted.

I do think we should schedule them every now and again. They would be a nice regional win in close proximity to alumni, fans, recruits and I hate them. I do see the reasoning why people wouldn’t want to play them though. It’s called perspective, you should try it.

Question: The year UConn moves its football back to FCS
Over/Under: December 31, 2024

AAF7522F-03F8-4B01-AA89-640357C34518.jpeg

Question: The year UConn moves its football back to FCS
Over/Under: December 31, 2024

In all seriousness, I think it'd cost them more to drop down to FCS. As an FBS independent, they can schedule several payday games each year against P5 opponents. Take their drubbing, collect the cash, and invest it back into basketball.

In all seriousness, I think it'd cost them more to drop down to FCS. As an FBS independent, they can schedule several payday games each year against P5 opponents. Take their drubbing, collect the cash, and invest it back into basketball.

They can do that as an FCS team as well.

Salve Regina, Western CT or Bridgeport State likely need players.

They can do that as an FCS team as well.

Sure, but not at the volume they can do as FBS, right? As an FCS team they could do 1-2 payday games a year. As an FBS indie the sky is the limit. They might do 5-6 a season. UConn could conceivably draw better at home by scheduling a slew of 2-for-1s with strong-travelling opponents and watching them gobble up the majority of tickets at the Rent. Basically replicate what happened when Michigan visited a few seasons ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom