UConn Football... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Football...

Sure, but not at the volume they can do as FBS, right? As an FCS team they could do 1-2 payday games a year. As an FBS indie the sky is the limit. They might do 5-6 a season. UConn could conceivably draw better at home by scheduling a slew of 2-for-1s with strong-travelling opponents and watching them gobble up the majority of tickets at the Rent. Basically replicate what happened when Michigan visited a few seasons ago.

definitely, but not sure if a few extra payday's are going to make up for the cost of running an FBS Independent vs an FCS school. either way, they can rot in hell.

He's such a d***.

How much character does a guy who left his team from a bowl game, and didn't even tell them, have?
Yet, somehow they took him back...

lol How the hell they plan on fielding a team. I’m wondering if we are even going to be able to play those four games that we signed to play with them recently because I don’t think they’re even going to be a football team at that point. With our program is now they are dead in the water I don’t know if Saban Could come in there and Make them all winner.

Please tell me there was a laptop involved?

Or Jalapeno Bacon Mac & Cheese?
I kind of want to go to Storrs and see how good that Mac & cheese actually is.

Also, that video of the kid is absolutely painful to watch.

I kind of want to go to Storrs and see how good that Mac & cheese actually is.

Also, that video of the kid is absolutely painful to watch.
You won't be near the campus

Technically, U Conn is in Storrs but it is rural and didn't really have a city center. Mansfield is the closest real town but it is a crappy kind of town. I had to visit UConn but the one hotel in Storrs (university affiliated) was booked. I stayed in the best, closest accommodations in Mansfield... a retrofitted Best Western. It's ..fine. That's why the football stadium is out of town. To get fans up the little 2 lane would be a pain. What's a college without a real town to do? Well, create your own town. Downtown Storrs is completely manufactured. It has apartments, stores, and food chains that were all build within 5 years. Everything is built for and geared toward the university. It is weird and contrived but it kind of works. DOWNTOWN STORRS

Technically, U Conn is in Storrs but it is rural and didn't really have a city center. Mansfield is the closest real town but it is a crappy kind of town. I had to visit UConn but the one hotel in Storrs (university affiliated) was booked. I stayed in the best, closest accommodations in Mansfield... a retrofitted Best Western. It's ..fine. That's why the football stadium is out of town. To get fans up the little 2 lane would be a pain. What's a college without a real town to do? Well, create your own town. Downtown Storrs is completely manufactured. It has apartments, stores, and food chains that were all build within 5 years. Everything is built for and geared toward the university. It is weird and contrived but it kind of works. DOWNTOWN STORRS
Oh, I've been to UConn many times before (albeit not for the school - believe it or not, it's on the way of where I used to travel).

And one of the things that I like about SU is that Syracuse is a real (small) city. The university is there for the city, and not the other way around. Your description of Storrs could also fit State College (and probably a good number of other state schools).

I’m confused. Why would I not be near the campus on the campus? ...or was that kid at a branch campus somewhere?
If you go to the FB game, the FB stadium is over 20 miles away from campus.

If you go to the FB game, the FB stadium is over 20 miles away from campus.
...right, but I assume the Mac and cheese incident happened in the student center, which I imagine is on or near campus, in Storrs.