UConn Football... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Football...

Uconn getting production costs picked up and expect to make $250-300K a year.

Actually this is about as good a deal they could get.

They should have held out for the 7 foot Ham & Swiss transfer from the local deli. :p

It could have been worse. National distribution and a little money is not bad.

I think they would have preferred to have SNY and I thought SNY was interested. This deal probably got them a little more money.

It could have been worse. National distribution and a little money is not bad.

I think they would have preferred to have SNY and I thought SNY was interested. This deal probably got them a little more money.
cbssports can now offer Army, Navy and UConn playing a mix of P5 and G5 opponents. Sounds like Yukon will know their kickoff times well in advance.

Nothing signifies the ineptitude of the Huskies better than the contract of current football coach Randy Edsall, which is laden with the dumbest set of bonuses in athletic history. Benedict has padded retread Edsall’s wallet with tens of thousands of dollars for doing useless things like scoring first in a game ($2,000), having a better red zone scoring percentage than his opponent (another two grand) or leading at halftime (also $2k). Edsall has pulled in more than $200,000 in bonuses, according to USA Today, while going a robust 6–30 the past three seasons. He also received a $300,000 retention bonus, as if anyone else on the planet had an interest in hiring him away.

Nothing signifies the ineptitude of the Huskies better than the contract of current football coach Randy Edsall, which is laden with the dumbest set of bonuses in athletic history. Benedict has padded retread Edsall’s wallet with tens of thousands of dollars for doing useless things like scoring first in a game ($2,000), having a better red zone scoring percentage than his opponent (another two grand) or leading at halftime (also $2k). Edsall has pulled in more than $200,000 in bonuses, according to USA Today, while going a robust 6–30 the past three seasons. He also received a $300,000 retention bonus, as if anyone else on the planet had an interest in hiring him away.
Edsall’s agent really did a remarkable job. If I was an up and coming coach I’d be looking into whoever that guy was and trying to hire him to do my next contract.

Did Edsell get a bonus for the cuts?
(In all seriousness feel bad for the kids)

Crazy that UConn is running Men's tennis in the first place. Has SU ever had that sport?

Crazy that UConn is running Men's tennis in the first place. Has SU ever had that sport?
I see some evidence of matches played in the 1960s and 1970s. Assume it was a varsity sport then.
I suspect it died when baseball was killed circa 1972.

BirdFiles.jpg

I see some evidence of matches played in the 1960s and 1970s. Assume it was a varsity sport then.
I suspect it died when baseball was killed circa 1972.

BirdFiles.jpg
That's an awesome photo!
Suspect Title IX ended any hopes of either sport returning once it took effect...