UConn Game Day Thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Game Day Thread

Sure you are -- Washington is a completely unproven three star recruit, who weighs 165 pounds and has about 20 minutes of game experience for the entire season.

Boeheim rides his horses, even when they are lame. Complaining about how he substitutes isn't going to change how he utilizes his bench.
No I truly am not. What Howard proved was my point. As a 3 year player with a height of 6'5" with far more experience he was a turnover machine keeping the opposition the game. Defensively he resorted to last year's standing flatfooted while guards repeatedly drove past him. I have watched JB since the Louis & Bowie show. I know how he operates. I honestly didn't think JB was on the fan website and prone to changing his strategy based on my opinions. This site is for fans to cheer, vent, complain and analyze. This even if some don't agree with your opinions. Fact is I usually agree with your opinions, just not this time.

I have some bad news for you guys. After a trip to the boneyard, they don't think highly of us.
They also watched some of our play out there from the pg spot

Yup. He’ll be there. He’s a good student and has done well in the class. He’s worked hard. When I assigned the groups I didn’t even think about it.
Just make sure the group doesn’t fail.
I am sure the curve will take care of the kid’s grade.

Just make sure the group doesn’t fail.
I am sure the curve will take care of the kid’s grade.

No chance that happens. He’s earned it in this class. Kid’s been an absolute pleasure to work with. Stays after class and asks me questions to clarify assignments. Participates. I wish all our student athletes were as attentive as him.

There’s some football players in the class as well that are not pulling their weight so to speak.

Epic intel. This board has reach.

Qjqgpr3.gif

I just a got a text we are likely going to play UConn again next year in MSG in the 2k sports classic semifinals. Oregon-Iowa also in the tournament.
These tourneys aren't stupid...Cuse/UConn means sold out or close to a sell out.

These tourneys aren't stupid...Cuse/UConn means sold out or close to a sell out.

I was at MSG last year for Cuse/Uconn. Place was half full. My buddy texted me at half tonight and said place was empty.

I was at MSG last year for Cuse/Uconn. Place was half full. My buddy texted me at half tonight and said place was empty.

Attendance was 17,532.

Don't know how many were Nova/Gonzaga fans who left early.

Attendance was 17,532.

Don't know how many were Nova/Gonzaga fans who left early.

Yep. Just reporting what was reported. Doesn't appear we were the marquee draw tonight. I think the SU/UConn thing is losing its luster.

Oh come on, it’s a game thread. Do people still take these seriously?
To be fair, you haven't seen anywhere close to the worst of it.

I have some bad news for you guys. After a trip to the boneyard, they don't think highly of us.

That's because deep down they know how much their team sucks, and they aren't impressed that we didn't beat them by 30.

For once, those delusional morons make a valid point.

No I truly am not. What Howard proved was my point. As a 3 year player with a height of 6'5" with far more experience he was a turnover machine keeping the opposition the game. Defensively he resorted to last year's standing flatfooted while guards repeatedly drove past him. I have watched JB since the Louis & Bowie show. I know how he operates. I honestly didn't think JB was on the fan website and prone to changing his strategy based on my opinions. This site is for fans to cheer, vent, complain and analyze. This even if some don't agree with your opinions. Fact is I usually agree with your opinions, just not this time.

I know -- we're usually on the same page.

But there are two different issues being discussed here, IMO -- the first is whether Frank performed terribly. I don't think that there is a poster out there who would disagree that he was awful beyond belief last night.

The second is whether it would have made sense to bench him for Howard Washington. And given where we are in the season, given what an unproven commodity he is at this juncture, I don't think it would have been a good idea, despite how Frank was playing.

Here's hoping that JB can find a way to get Washington some more minutes, so that he can become a more regular fixture in the rotation moving forward. B/C right now, JB doesn't trust him much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom