UConn Game Day Thread | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Game Day Thread

Trust me - I am not being reactionary. Standing flatfooted most of the second half doesn't mean a thing no matter how tall you are. Then to get the ball and return it to the other team? Is it OK to turn it over that often if you are taller?

Sure you are -- Washington is a completely unproven three star recruit, who weighs 165 pounds and has about 20 minutes of game experience for the entire season.

Boeheim rides his horses, even when they are lame. Complaining about how he substitutes isn't going to change how he utilizes his bench.

Don't be so sure about that.

Reactionary fans aren't coaches for a reason. And Frank flat out crapped the bed tonight. I'd still rather have a 6-5 guard playing at the top of the zone than a 6-1 165 pound guy.

I think Frank will be better in most games than he was tonight. But since it was so uncomfortably bad, I had to have fun with it.

It would sure help if Washington had a bit more game experience under his belt.

We the fans don't know what we have in this kid, but Boeheim probably does. And we know how Coach coaches, so lamenting him not riding his experienced guys is pointless. Even during a game when one of the principals laid an egg.

Washington hasn’t done anything...but at the same time he got out there against Kansas and UConn and didn’t hurt us. At the least he doesn’t look like he’ll spaz and melt down out there.

Feel like he could hold down the fort and buy us a few minutes while Frank gets his head right.

So we're gonna play two guards for essentially 40 minutes every night? I've seen that movie b4, never ends well. I'd roll with it if our PG was playing decent...

Sucks, doesn't it? You can thank Geno Thorpe for quitting.

This game just shows how far the sanctions made us fall when you compare it to real basketball played by nova and Gonzaga.

We can get back to that level next year.

Trust me - I am not being reactionary. Standing flatfooted most of the second half doesn't mean a thing no matter how tall you are. Then to get the ball and return it to the other team? Is it OK to turn it over that often if you are taller?

That's it. In the 2H he didn't play well on defense either.

That game should have been less stressful. Shouldn’t have had to hear the UConn fans that one time in the game in the 2nd half when they did finally make noise.

But it’s still great to beat them.

Now to beat Georgetown, and all is right with the world.

This game just shows how far the sanctions made us fall when you compare it to real basketball played by nova and Gonzaga.
Exodus to the NBA had just as much if not more to do with it. We have 3 guys that should be on this team that are playing in the G League

SU over UConn in MSG. Young guys flexing. Raising money for Dickie V. Awesome win. Not what Cuse v. UConn was in 2009 but, who the $<"( cares tonight. Moyer GD'it! Good on ya!

Last edited:
Washington hasn’t done anything...but at the same time he got out there against Kansas and UConn and didn’t hurt us. At the least he doesn’t look like he’ll spaz and melt down out there.

Feel like he could hold down the fort and buy us a few minutes while Frank gets his head right.

I don't disagree. And if I were king for a day, I'd prefer that JB would use the bench more judiciously.

But Boeheim does things differently.

I'm guessing that if Washington has played a lot more, or shown a lot more, or was a sophomore that JB was more comfortable with, then he would have sat Frank's azz tonight. But none of those things are the case as things stand today, so it is unrealistic to expect him to sit the guy who has arguably been the team's MIP to this point in the season.

Last year's UConn game was the beginning of the end for Howard as an effective player for SU. Tonight -- 1-11. 0-5 from the 3-point line. 6 assists and 10 turnovers. This team has little chance in ACC play if Howard can't up his game against major competition. Team had 18 TOs, most of them in the 2nd half. Thank you Matt Moyer for having the game of your life!! Brissett with a nice double-double.

Well, I didn't come on until after the game was over, if that tells you anything. I'm sure Moyer is Melo now.

So u don’t post all game long. Then your 1st two posts are to hoist up Frank and put down Moyer. Well played.

So u don’t post all game long. Then your 1st two posts are to hoist up Frank and put down Moyer. Well played.
I know it is difficult for you to understand nuance but, I wasn't doing that. going slowly for you, I was talking about the fickle nature of this board. Kill Frank tonight. Love Moyer tonight. Saturday will be a different pairing. Understand now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom