UConn passing us... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn passing us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to pick sides, but we are trending downward.. Recent history??? Andre Jackson debacle?/ I know we got Richmond and now every pair of orange glasses swears he's a better get. I'm not sure one way or the other Jax vs. Richmond. Anybody remember the Garden last year. Someone in another post didn't feel we got embarrassed there. Hurley stole JImmy's lunch and fed it to his dog ( no husky pun intended). C'mon peeps we're hurting and need change.
I think we have beat them 8 or 9 out of the last 11 or 12 times we have played them. And Hurley did no such thing. That is just silly.

I think we have beat them 8 or 9 out of the last 11 or 12 times we have played them. And Hurley did no such thing. That is just silly.
Whoa...That game LAST YEAR was a HUGE disappointment. We got thoroughly embarrassed in the Garden. We used to own the Garden. When wAS the last time we won a game there against a decent opponent?? . Again, recent history vs. the Conn is trending the wrong way.
Hurley punked us.

Whoa...That game LAST YEAR was a HUGE disappointment. We got thoroughly embarrassed in the Garden. We used to own the Garden. When wAS the last time we won a game there against a decent opponent?? . Again, recent history vs. the Conn is trending the wrong way.
Hurley punked us.
I am sorry you took the loss so badly. I hope that as the season went on, and we beat Duke at Duke, did jb punk K? things got better for you. Hurley missed the tournament. He won't last long there. He has issues. As for last year, they lost 6 games in a row in the AAC. And they scored 45 pts in the last game against defensive power Houston. Not a lot of punking there. He has issues. By the way, we lost by 7. That is hardly being thoroughly embarrassed. Unless you are a UConn troll. Then you would have issues, not as bad, but issues, just like Coach Hurley.

Last edited:
you trade 3 losing seasons for 4 titles ? i would !
No but they have sucked royally for three straight years and have All but given up on D1 football which is what makes the money. So yeah right now they are absolutely nothing to even be remotely worried about

I am sorry you took the loss so badly. I hope that as the season went on, and we beat Duke at Duke, did jb punk K? things got better for you. Hurley missed the tournament. He won't last long there. He has issues. As for last year, they lost 6 games in a row in the AAC. And they scored 45 pts in the last game against defensive power Houston. Not a lot of punking there. He has issues. By the way, we lost by 7. That is hardly being thoroughly embarrassed. Unless you are a UConn troll. Then you would have issues, not as bad, but issues, just like Coach Hurley.
That game was a lot worse than the actual final score. We "garbaged up" late. Game was not really within reach despite the final score. Games like that ended my paying contributions to the MSG Garden parties.

Beat Duke minus a few Duke players??? I'm sorry you saw that victory as a season defining moment. Because we were beyond unwatchable most of the year. And then Buffalo, Thank God their coach moved on. Or we would drop a notch in our annual NYS championships...lol Who's next to climb the ladder vs. us??? Binghamton???
C'mon, my angst really doesn't rise solely on our UConn loss. It's the total downward spiral of the program. If you don't see it, take the orange colored glasses off. CHANGE is loooooong overdue.

UConn passing us by?
Um they haven’t been to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament since 2014.

Who cares they are better this year?
This is like saying Buffalo has passed Syracuse by because they have reached the second round of the tournament the past 2 years.

Villanova has passed us by for sure.2 NCs, ranked every season and relevant.

Go with them but UConn lol this whole thread is a troll job.

That game was a lot worse than the actual final score. We "garbaged up" late. Game was not really within reach despite the final score. Games like that ended my paying contributions to the MSG Garden parties.

Beat Duke minus a few Duke players??? I'm sorry you saw that victory as a season defining moment. Because we were beyond unwatchable most of the year. And then Buffalo, Thank God their coach moved on. Or we would drop a notch in our annual NYS championships...lol Who's next to climb the ladder vs. us??? Binghamton???
C'mon, my angst really doesn't rise solely on our UConn loss. It's the total downward spiral of the program. If you don't see it, take the orange colored glasses off. CHANGE is loooooong overdue.
LOL go back to the boneyard. We were watchable when we made the NCAA tournament and once again, UConn didn't.

UConn passing us by?

This is like saying Buffalo has passed Syracuse by because they have reached the second round of the tournament the past 2 years.

Exactly.
You have folks saying “Seton Hall has passed us by”!! Why? Because they’ve filled the vacuum and had a couple of good seasons?
So far this season, I’ve been as down on JB as I’ve ever been. This year is not looking good and the trend is disturbing. But whether it’s UConn, Providence, the Hall, GTown, or SJU, is really not the point.
Besides, UConn was never going anywhere- they just needed to straighten themselves out, and even the return to the BE came with a cost. Are they recovering, maybe. Passed us by? Ummm, not so fast.
Thankfully we haven’t cratered...yet. And even if/when we do, fretting about UConn or anyone else is, IMHO, just a needless waste of time.
As for the troll aspect in this post, i tend to agree.

Last edited:
UConn passing us by?

My point(and this wasn't my thread) is we are getting beat by nobodies. U conn last year had a roster of kids most better D1 teams wouldn't even recruit. They beat us with a s#it team at the Garden . That was a bad loss in my book. Then to even think Buffalo...YES Buffalo beat us at the DOMe. Again, with the roster we had, that should not have happened in either of the games referenced from last year. Past years??? I couldn't even tell you anything about UConn. They remain fairly irrelevant. The problem is we appear to be heading towards the same irrelevancy in BB.

My point(and this wasn't my thread) is we are getting beat by nobodies. U conn last year had a roster of kids most better D1 teams wouldn't even recruit. They beat us with a s#it team at the Garden . That was a bad loss in my book. Then to even think Buffalo...YES Buffalo beat us at the DOMe. Again, with the roster we had, that should not have happened in either of the games referenced from last year. Past years??? I couldn't even tell you anything about UConn. They remain fairly irrelevant. The problem is we appear to be heading towards the same irrelevancy in BB.
I wasn’t directing my comments at anybody but the thread title and OP.

We have always had WTH losses under JB. I am hard on JB but UConn isn’t passing us by was all I am saying.
Villanova has.
UConn has been so mediocre they sacrificed their football program to try and get some nostalgia for the basketball program. UConn hoops are irrelevant nationally right now. They haven’t passed us by.

I wasn’t directing my comments at anybody but the thread title and OP.

We have always had WTH losses under JB. I am hard on JB but UConn isn’t passing us by was all I am saying.
Villanova has.
UConn has been so mediocre they sacrificed their football program to try and get some nostalgia for the basketball program. UConn hoops are irrelevant nationally right now. They haven’t passed us by.

They sure as hell are out recruiting us though and that is the thing most troubling to me that hasnt been mentioned in this thread. UConn is putting more talent on the floor right now than us. How can that be possible after 3 losing seasons in a row? Fran was right in his observations against Penn State, we simply are not putting very much talent on the floor, and that to me is the worrisome long term issue. They seem to have some really nice young pieces right now. I dont agree with the overall "UConn has passed us by" premise, but if you want to apply it strictly to recruiting its hard to argue that nutso Hurley isnt eating JB's lunch.

Quit with the hyperbole. Yes, things are trending in the wrong direction right now. But we were an 8 seed in the tourney last year (not great but not on the bubble), beat Duke and Ohio state on the road and Louisville in the Dome—and had to deal with our senior PG having lost all his explosiveness after being slowed by an injury all season.

Exactly.
You have folks saying “Seton Hall has passed us by”!! Why? Because they’ve filled the vacuum and had a couple of good seasons?
So far this season, I’ve been as down on JB as I’ve ever been. This year is not looking good and the trend is disturbing. But whether it’s UConn, Providence, the Hall, GTown, or SJU, is really not the point.
Besides, UConn was never going anywhere- they just needed to straighten themselves out, and even the return to the BE came with a cost. Are they recovering, maybe. Passed us by? Ummm, not so fast.
Thankfully we haven’t cratered...yet. And even if/when we do, fretting about UConn or anyone else is, IMHO, just a needless waste of time.
As for the troll aspect in this post, i tend to agree.
They would blow our doors off this year, but they are legit, it won't last though they have a lot of seniors, perfect storm. They have like one tourney win in the last 20 years.

They sure as hell are out recruiting us though and that is the thing most troubling to me that hasnt been mentioned in this thread. UConn is putting more talent on the floor right now than us. How can that be possible after 3 losing seasons in a row? Fran was right in his observations against Penn State, we simply are not putting very much talent on the floor, and that to me is the worrisome long term issue. They seem to have some really nice young pieces right now. I dont agree with the overall "UConn has passed us by" premise, but if you want to apply it strictly to recruiting its hard to argue that nutso Hurley isnt eating JB's lunch.
See post at the top of this page and previous one. I noted missing on Jackson to them in a recruiting loss.

Does anyone remember when UCONN WAS A DOORMAT?? We use to get an easy W. Then sanctions came and Calhoun turned up the recruiting heat. Anyone care to comment on Donyell Marshall?? In my opinion, that started to turn the tide for UConn and their killing it on the recruiting trail. Their success mirrored the recruiting talent they brought in.

Obviously, they have since fallen back. I just fear that may repeat. That's all. Am I overstating my concerns??? or forecasting what's coming if SU does not step it up??.

A few recent recruiting names?? Akok, Sid Wilson , the Gilbert guard from GA that was injured last year??? All these are kids you can say we really didn't want. Yeah ok...we did get beat on a couple that we definitely would have taken. Who did we beat out UConn for recently??? Names please...
No hyperbole...... And John Wallace was too long ago...

See post at the top of this page and previous one. I noted missing on Jackson to them in a recruiting loss.

Does anyone remember when UCONN WAS A DOORMAT?? We use to get an easy W. Then sanctions came and Calhoun turned up the recruiting heat. Anyone care to comment on Donyell Marshall?? In my opinion, that started to turn the tide for UConn and their killing it on the recruiting trail. Their success mirrored the recruiting talent they brought in.

Obviously, they have since fallen back. I just fear that may repeat. That's all. Am I overstating my concerns??? or forecasting what's coming if SU does not step it up??.

A few recent recruiting names?? Akok, Sid Wilson , the Gilbert guard from GA that was injured last year??? All these are kids you can say we really didn't want. Yeah ok...we did get beat on a couple that we definitely would have taken. Who did we beat out UConn for recently??? Names please...
No hyperbole... And John Wallace was too long ago...

UConn’s gotta win some games before anyone’s worrying about them. Even if they do, they’re not even in our league anymore. And when they were good, we were good too. I don’t care how well they recruit, there’s plenty of talent to go around in the northeast.

Quit with the hyperbole. Yes, things are trending in the wrong direction right now. But we were an 8 seed in the tourney last year (not great but not on the bubble), beat Duke and Ohio state on the road and Louisville in the Dome—and had to deal with our senior PG having lost all his explosiveness after being slowed by an injury all season.
And you think we were a good team last year??? Wow, that had to be some of the ugliest BB I've seen. Unfortunately, the bubble is where re reside year after year....

No hyperbole... And John Wallace was too long ago...
How can you tell people not to talk about John Wallace and then bring up Donyell Marshall. We beat them for Kadary Richmond. Is that recent enough. He signed on November 13. That is less than a month ago. Honestly I don't feel like we have gone head to head with Yukon on many kids over the last few years. We have also been better than them in regular season record and tournament results. I'm not sure where you are getting this from but they have not passed us.

UConn’s gotta win some games before anyone’s worrying about them. Even if they do, they’re not even in our league anymore. And when they were good, we were good too. I don’t care how well they recruit, there’s plenty of talent to go around in the northeast.
Can we get some of that talent on our roster???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom