Uconn really is getting screwed in this whole deal | Syracusefan.com

Uconn really is getting screwed in this whole deal

GoSU96

Living Legend
First they get left behind in the BE, and then they end up exiled from their own conference and stuck with a bunch of garbage.

Single biggest loser in this whole realignment.

Hey temple got rejected twice.

First they get left behind in the BE, and then they end up exiled from their own conference and stuck with a bunch of garbage.

Single biggest loser in this whole realignment.

UConn football will be OK -- bigger fish in a smaller pond. MBB and esp WBB is just sad.

They're getting 30 mil... part of which we contributed. I honestly couldn't care any less.

$(KGrHqN,!q8FBIgMGQgJBQhSK+5OQw~~48_35.JPG

Bums me out. Loved playing uconn in hoops, loved to hate calhoun and while i'm not terribly attached one way or another to their football program, i think it could have grown into a solid rivalry.

Seems like they are getting a good severance deal which should buoy them sufficiently for a couple of years until they can get into a real league.​

Poor puppy.
My dislike for UConn blinded me to that aspect of the picture. I'll think positive. The puppy got adopted. :)

Reactions: cto
Seems like they are getting a good severance deal which should buoy them sufficiently for a couple of years until they can get into a real league.​

It's a pittance compared to the damage to the program. I don't care what happens to them, but $30M doesn't begin to make up for the long term decline in revenues they are going to experience.

It's a pittance compared to the damage to the program. I don't care what happens to them, but $30M doesn't begin to make up for the long term decline in revenues they are going to experience.
Will depend on if/when they can get into a real conference. If it happens say, in a year, it's a great deal.

Will depend on if/when they can get into a real conference. If it happens say, in a year, it's a great deal.
Using this new found money, they can operate at current budget levels for another 5-8 years. Things could get ugly if they're not in a much better conference financial situation by then.

Using this new found money, they can operate at current budget levels for another 5-8 years. Things could get ugly if they're not in a much better conference financial situation by then.
Right...it will be a couple of years before we know how well or not this will work out for UConn. While I would certainly not want SU to be in their position, it may still work out ok for UConn.

F storz.

this is what happens when youre useless.

Oh Lord

They are a recent NC in hoops that went to a BCS bowl in the last couple of years, and they are left in the dust. A state U in one of the most densely populated areas of the country.

Remarkable

I get the whole UConn bit. But in all seriousness, that program truly has been completely and totally F*CKED by realignment. I mean, think about it. They've won two BBall NC's in the last 10 years and made a football BCS game in the last 5 years. Now they are outcasts in the national sports landscape...

Their best bet may be to take the financial hit...drop football down to D2...and join the C7 conference as a basketball program.

I think it's great fun rooting for rivals to lose games, but those of you who find joy in the demise of an entire program are what gives Syracuse fans a bad reputation.

Especially when it very well could've been us... AND - more importantly - still could be if the ACC ever implodes. (though I think that possibility goes down every day)

Bunch of morons, IMO... Including you, Kaiser... Even if you are my pledge brother :)

They are a recent NC in hoops that went to a BCS bowl in the last couple of years, and they are left in the dust. A state U in one of the most densely populated areas of the country.

Remarkable

But history and tradition are meaningless. Am I right?

But history and tradition are meaningless. Am I right?

I don't know what it means, but thank god we we got out, and it sucks to be standing when the music stops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom