Uconn really is getting screwed in this whole deal | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn really is getting screwed in this whole deal

The ACC is not the old ACC. With SU, BCU, Pitt, UofL etc. its a different conference.

And, in the long run, I believe it is a BETTER version of the conference.

I don't think UNC would be the first domino to fall but would move if other dominos started to fall.

On this point, we agree. The NC-VA schools will not be the first ones to leave. It would be FSU, IMHO. But, their options are a bit limited. Their midwestern critics say that they don't fit the Big 10 academic profile. But, Nebraska does? Thats laughable. And, the Big 12 is a non-starter, too. They see the travel problems and expense WVU is enduring. An SEC invite for them could be what begins it again.

As for UCONN, it might be best if the ACC stands pat. I don't think the B1G or the SEC is done. I would rather UCONN end up in either than a wounded ACC.

OK, so, if you truly believe that, please, tell us, who is the next team to make a jump? And, to where?

I'm hearing Oklahoma's impending move to the Big Ten is going to lead to the SEC responding by taking UConn.

Unless things change obviously.

I'm hearing Oklahoma's impending move to the Big Ten is going to lead to the SEC responding by taking UConn.

Unless things change obviously.
That's old news.

If you were UConn, maybe the best thing for them would be to invite a couple fond teams like UMass and Old Dominion into their little football conference. Sure they don't add anything in football right now, but maybe they can get good. They will be good regional rivals. Having some program-builders is a good thing for a conference, right? That way UCOnn gets to help some teams out like they were helped out. ROFL.

Did you really just write a statement that describes the potential of Uconn ending up in the SEC?

:rolling:
Saban is pushing hard for UCONN. He can't wait to play in Storrs every year...wait...UCONN's stadium is 30 miles away from campus...

Someone should start a "things that are more likely than UCONN to the SEC" thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom