Uconn really is getting screwed in this whole deal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn really is getting screwed in this whole deal

Not sure the music has really stopped yet. UConn will survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bums me out. Loved playing uconn in hoops, loved to hate calhoun and while i'm not terribly attached one way or another to their football program, i think it could have grown into a solid rivalry.

So can UConn-Tulane.

I think it's great fun rooting for to lose games, but those of you who find joy in the demise of an entire program are what gives Syracuse fans a bad reputation.

Especially when it very well could've been us... AND - more importantly - still could be if the ACC ever implodes. (though I think that possibility goes down every day)

Bunch of morons, IMO... Including you, Kaiser... Even if you are my pledge brother :)
hey, you know how much i drank and still do.

so i cant be held responsible for my actions and thoughts.

whoever invented booze 3000 years ago, hes the problem.

Oh Lord

anywho, F storz, theyre useless. dont care about their demise, theyve always been useless. they dont deliver boston, they dont deliver NYC. useless.

theyve been that way since this board started, and will continue to be so, now more than ever. and im sure that line and the reality of it, infuriates the few boneyarders who its intended for...and quite possibly their newbies as well. :mad:

It's a pittance compared to the damage to the program. I don't care what happens to them, but $30M doesn't begin to make up for the long term decline in revenues they are going to experience.

It does buy them a facilities upgrade, so it's not "just money".

if there was a line on this, id bet the survive.

There are no guarantees. They might be well served to take that $30 million and send checks for $2.5 million to each of the ACC presidents.

I think it's great fun rooting for to lose games, but those of you who find joy in the demise of an entire program are what gives Syracuse fans a bad reputation.

Especially when it very well could've been us... AND - more importantly - still could be if the ACC ever implodes. (though I think that possibility goes down every day)

Bunch of morons, IMO... Including you, Kaiser... Even if you are my pledge brother :)

I wouldn't say I'm celebrating their demise, but I also don't really care. How many programs can just upgrade to Division 1A and instantly have access to a BCS bowl? They were a pretty lucky program to be able to pull that off, so if that house of cards came crumbling down, so be it. Certainly helps explain things to me. And if it weren't for that football upgrade, their hoops program would have a happy home in the new C7/Big East.

We were always in a better position than them, and that's why we still are. Not to say we're home free, but much closer now, which is where we deserve to be.

And as cuseguy pointed out, it's not over for UConn yet. Just what might ultimately end up being a tense period for them while things could continue to shake out. Personally, I hope expansion is done, but how could anyone predict that.

UConn football will be OK -- bigger fish in a smaller pond. MBB and esp WBB is just sad.

Their women's team should go independent. No sense playing the dregs. They could probably fill a pretty decent schedule every year. Get recurring home and homes with ND, Duke, Stanford, Tennessee, Baylor, and some other top teams. Throw in some other home and homes with Syracuse, Rutgers, Louisville, etc. They could probably make that work.

Their women's team should go independent. No sense playing the dregs. They could probably fill a pretty decent schedule every year. Get recurring home and homes with ND, Duke, Stanford, Tennessee, Baylor, and some other top teams. Throw in some other home and homes with Syracuse, Rutgers, Louisville, etc. They could probably make that work.

I hope we don't schedule those clowns until they've slipped back into the hole they crawled out of and we're adding them as a tomato can.

I get the whole UConn bit. But in all seriousness, that program truly has been completely and totally F*CKED by realignment. I mean, think about it. They've won two BBall NC's in the last 10 years and made a football BCS game in the last 5 years. Now they are outcasts in the national sports landscape...

Their best bet may be to take the financial hit...drop football down to D2...and join the C7 conference as a basketball program.

Kharma is a bitch (no really she is I used to date a girl named Kharma a long time ago).

:eek:

I hope we don't schedule those clowns until they've slipped back into the hole they crawled out of and we're adding them as a tomato can.

You'd calling anyone a tomato can after your last decade is positively rich.

Not that there is anything wrong with that

:rolling::rolling:

No...not at all...espcially since he is out of the military now...although he would have been ok now anyways...not 2 years ago

You mean the decade we still had more wins over BCS teams than UConn did in Bowl Games?

You guys are short on Football tradition and always want to talk about the hear and now...so using UConn rules of debate:

Currently one school is coming off 8 wins and the other school 5 wins...one school played name the score against the other school last year...so in UConn logic...we have the far superior program, the Big 5 label and one with momentum.

Oh and we are going to build a shiny new and updated IPF which will make the Burton Center old and antiquated <-- (UConn Logic)

What last decade? I have zero idea what you're talking about. I remember nothing.

I'd feel bad for UConn and then I remember the a$$hole that sat behind me at the game at the XL Center this year screeching "bathrobe" at the top of his lungs ever 15 seconds for the whole second half. And the numerous idiots that still proceeded to proclaim Bernie Fine as each Cuse fan walked by. And the idiots that populate the boneyard.

I hope their football team hemorrhages money so they have to cancel the program. I hope their basketball team fades into mediocrity and people have to remember the "glory days". I hope Geno Auriemma is appointed Men's basketball coach after Kevin Ollie fails and is one of the worst D-1 coaches of all time.

I'd feel bad for UConn and then I remember the a$$hole that sat behind me at the game at the XL Center this year screeching "bathrobe" at the top of his lungs ever 15 seconds for the whole second half. And the numerous idiots that still proceeded to proclaim Bernie Fine as each Cuse fan walked by. And the idiots that populate the boneyard.

I hope their football team hemorrhages money so they have to cancel the program. I hope their basketball team fades into mediocrity and people have to remember the "glory days". I hope Geno Auriemma is appointed Men's basketball coach after Kevin Ollie fails and is one of the worst D-1 coaches of all time.

+ 1,000,000,000

I cant like this post enough as I have too been in front of asshat Uconn fans at sporting events.

Amen. F them

I cant like this post enough as I have too been in front of asshat Uconn fans at sporting events.

Amen. F them

Ditto. Reminds me of the guy at MSG a couple of years ago that pointed at John Wallace and DC an said JB doesn't care about his players after they left. I asked him if Calhoun was still in touch with Reggie Lewis. F those guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom