Uconn really is getting screwed in this whole deal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn really is getting screwed in this whole deal

Their women's team should go independent. No sense playing the dregs. They could probably fill a pretty decent schedule every year. Get recurring home and homes with ND, Duke, Stanford, Tennessee, Baylor, and some other top teams. Throw in some other home and homes with Syracuse, Rutgers, Louisville, etc. They could probably make that work.

They already have a game at the Dome planned in three years. It's Breanna Stewart's homecoming game. I know that for a fact.

I'd feel bad for UConn and then I remember the a$$hole that sat behind me at the game at the XL Center this year screeching "bathrobe" at the top of his lungs ever 15 seconds for the whole second half. And the numerous idiots that still proceeded to proclaim Bernie Fine as each Cuse fan walked by. And the idiots that populate the boneyard.

I hope their football team hemorrhages money so they have to cancel the program. I hope their basketball team fades into mediocrity and people have to remember the "glory days". I hope Geno Auriemma is appointed Men's basketball coach after Kevin Ollie fails and is one of the worst D-1 coaches of all time.

You and I may not see eye to eye on topics from time to time (such as Ashton Broyld), but I wish I could like this post 44 times.

If the puppy made it i'm happy. I have had 7 rescues in my family and loved them all . Seven lives saved and made for good lives. They repaid al expenses with love and wagging tails.We saved three cats but had to give them away when my oldest son was determined to be severely allergic to their dander. He still is but has two rescues himself and he can afford to go breeder but wouldn't think of doing that .Just about every breed of dog can be rescued if you check out the internet and look.Save a life and rescue a dog. You will love the dog and yourself for doing it.:)

If the puppy made it i'm happy. I have had 7 rescues in my family and loved them all . Seven lives saved and made for good lives. They repaid al expenses with love and wagging tails.We saved three cats but had to give them away when my oldest son was determined to be severely allergic to their dander. He still is but has two rescues himself and he can afford to go breeder but wouldn't think of doing that .Just about every breed of dog can be rescued if you check out the internet and look.Save a life and rescue a dog. You will love the dog and yourself for doing it.:)
I'm as big of a dog person as there is in the world. As soon as I'm officially out on my own and stable, I can't wait to get a couple dogs of my own. We 'rescued' our black lab from a puppy farm-type breeder as they were trying to get rid of him. He's a pure-bred, but was born with an abnormally small liver and thus they couldn't get the top dollar they wanted. They said he wouldn't live nearly as long because of the liver, but he's laying at my feet chewing on a toy as we speak at age 12.

UConn's problems aren't Syracuse's problems; nor is SU responsible for UConn's current dilemma. At this point I only care about Syracuse & the ACC.

UConn's problems aren't Syracuse's problems; nor is SU responsible for UConn's current dilemma. At this point I only care about Syracuse & the ACC.
But I sure as $%&@ wish we were.

First they get left behind in the BE, and then they end up exiled from their own conference and stuck with a bunch of garbage.

Single biggest loser in this whole realignment.
What a shame!

For basketball I thought a yearly game at MSG where each school sells half the arena like the OK Texas game. Of course, given uconn's attendance issues, we would probably buy most of their tickets.

UConn built their football program to where it is (was) because of two men, both with SU connections. Randy Edsall, former player and SU alum. And that Burton douche, who pumped $$$ into UConn football for spite because he was butthurt his son wasn't elected captain by SU's football coach at the time who is now UConn's coach which blows up irony detectors everywhere and yet he's still pumping money into the program because he doesn't want to look like a butthurt douche which is exactly what he is.

Thanks to those two, their program surpassed us in just a few short years and they actually made it to a BCS bowl game (which in turn helped destroy the conference and possibly their program...more irony!).

Now, they're back beneath us where they belong, which is nice. But still, it's ridiculous that they had a program that beat Syracuse at any time at all.

UConn will probably be fine in the long run. But whether they are or not, I have no sympathy for them.

UConn built their football program to where it is (was) because of two men, both with SU connections. Randy Edsall, former player and SU alum. And that Burton douche, who pumped $$$ into UConn football for spite because he was butthurt his son wasn't elected captain by SU's football coach at the time who is now UConn's coach which blows up irony detectors everywhere and yet he's still pumping money into the program because he doesn't want to look like a butthurt douche which is exactly what he is.

Thanks to those two, their program surpassed us in just a few short years and they actually made it to a BCS bowl game (which in turn helped destroy the conference and possibly their program...more irony!).

Now, they're back beneath us where they belong, which is nice. But still, it's ridiculous that they had a program that beat Syracuse at any time at all.

UConn will probably be fine in the long run. But whether they are or not, I have no sympathy for them.
1. I thought that Burton asked for the money back (but didn't get it) and started giving us money
2. Actually, there are more SU connections than that. UCONN's old RB coach who was instrumental in UCONN having a good ground game (upon which their entire team relied) went to Syracuse and ran for Syracuse. I can't think of his name, but he went to Miami to be their RB coach and now he is with the Jags in Jax as their RB coach. If he ever leaves, I would LOVE to have him back in Orange. On an unrelated note, the same goes for Atkins (he was a GREAT coach and a very good recruiter) and Mitch Browning (he was the ONE thing that made GRob's last team bearable).

But history and tradition are meaningless. Am I right?

Is all about tradition?

Is that why Rutgers is in the most lucrative conference in the country and Syracuse is in a potentially unstable BE Part Deux?

Is all about tradition?

Is that why Rutgers is in the most lucrative conference in the country and Syracuse is in a potentially unstable BE Part Deux?

Dream on loser boy.

Why are we supposed to weep for pukon and not Cincinnati?

Cinci has way more tradition and history in football than UConn. They both joined the Big East roughly the same time (2004 vs. 2005). Since that time, Cinci has accomplished much more than UConn.

UC basketball success goes farther back than UConn.

I feel way worse for Cinci fans than I do UConn't fans.

F storz, F Fishy, F Calhoun, F El-Amin, F Okafor. Have fun traipsing around the country like hobos next year.

Is all about tradition?

Potentially what? Keep telling yourselves that.

Upside for you is, ECU travels well.

#begharder

Is all about tradition?

Rutgers is in because it has been said thet GTech said No. Rutgers brings cable subscriptions and a potential NJ bandwagon fan base. The B1G Cable subscriber extortion model seems to be working but it could become obsolete within 5-10 years. The B1G also like Rutgers as a stadium host for their Tri-State B1G alumni. Rutgers wasn't picked for athletic success as they have had virtually none.

Rutgers is in because it has been said thet GTech said No. Rutgers brings cable subscriptions and a potential NJ bandwagon fan base. The B1G Cable subscriber extortion model seems to be working but it could become obsolete within 5-10 years. The B1G also like Rutgers as a stadium host for their Tri-State B1G alumni. Rutgers wasn't picked for athletic success as they have had virtually none.

Hey at least Buttgers HAS tradition. All of it bad, but they have some. Yukon has no tradition. And obviously being in a populated are doesn't work for them either. They have now been passed over EIGHT times by my unofficial count, and their basketball program has been kicked to the curb by the Catholic 7. Tough times for Husky fans.

and Syracuse is in a potentially unstable BE Part Deux?

Well there's nothing potentially about where UConn is now

toilet.jpg

The rise of a la carte programming won't kill the BTN in the sense that profits won't decrease. The number of subscribers with access to the channel might go down, but the viewers who do have access will be more hard core, so carriage charges will go up. The only problem with it will be that it will be a less effective marketing tool for the schools.

Its actually not a bad spot for Uconn, they'll get some decent BB games like Memphis and games like USF, Tulane, ECU are their level for FB. They can be an east coast Boise. Can also send their FB to the MAC which is their level.

Is all about tradition?

As opposed to a definitely unstable America 12(giggle)? Keep telling yourself that.

Is all about tradition?

images

I used to feel bad for you guys before your conference realignment board has deteriorated to the most depressing board on the internet. That one guy #B1Gharder is embarrassing your fanbase.

Rutgers wasn't picked for athletic success as they have had virtually none.

Well, we are in agreement on that otherwise they wouldn't be in a better position than SU or UCONN for that matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom