Uconn recruiting...uh oh | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn recruiting...uh oh

It annoys me that more of the posters on their board aren't losing their $hiite about how quickly their program is becoming irrelevant. Maybe they're in denial.

Last edited:
For a supposed dead program there sure seems to be enough of our fans posting in their threads.

I would never overlook a Calhoun coached team , despite the issues they were going through at any particular year, but since he's not there anymore, the ships sinking.

Sorry. ..I should have made it mOre clear that this was a uconn thread. ...all I did was part it in the title.

If I seea thread I have no interest in. ..I ignore it rather than open it and whine about it.

My apologies then.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
No worries.
Maybe I'm naive but I've always operated under the assumption that those gifs would not be readily available, if a death or serious injury occurred.
Thanks to docsu for verifying that.

No worries.
Maybe I'm naive but I've always operated under the assumption that those gifs would not be readily available, if a death or serious injury occurred.
Thanks to docsu for verifying that.

You'd be surprised at some other forums.

Hamilton committed to UConn knowing his brother's situation was up in the air. Hamilton committed to UConn saying he didn't want to go anywhere as a package deal with his brother.

Hamilton's Dad said Hamilton isn't going to leave UConn to play at UCLA with his brother. Hamilton's high school coach said last week there is no chance Hamilton leaves UConn to play at UCLA with his brother.

The Hamiltons have similar games that wouldn't mesh well with each other at the college level, UCLA is full of 2/3 types for the next two years, Ollie is a huge presence in L.A., not just some coach that Hamilton told he would come play for. Neither UCLA or New Mexico (where Alford was when Hamilton was being recruited) were in Hamilton's top 10 college choices. Jerry Meyer and his crystal ball folks went 0-fer in picking Hamilton's school when he chose UConn to begin with, so they have no inside knowledge of D-Hamilton's recruiting.

Hamilton is ranked ahead of McCullough by the 247 team you are citing as indicating he will withdraw his verbal.
Purvis and Joseph are a wash. The SU/UConn classes are comparable on paper at this time even with the cited misses in this thread.

And lastly, while were talking crystal ball, uconn has been the prediction for #29 ranked 3/4 combo Devin Robinson for months. He will visit on Uconn's Midnight Madness.

See you in March.

Hamilton committed to UConn knowing his brother's situation was up in the air. Hamilton committed to UConn saying he didn't want to go anywhere as a package deal with his brother.

Hamilton's Dad said Hamilton isn't going to leave UConn to play at UCLA with his brother. Hamilton's high school coach said last week there is no chance Hamilton leaves UConn to play at UCLA with his brother.

The Hamiltons have similar games that wouldn't mesh well with each other at the college level, UCLA is full of 2/3 types for the next two years, Ollie is a huge presence in L.A., not just some coach that Hamilton told he would come play for. Neither UCLA or New Mexico (where Alford was when Hamilton was being recruited) were in Hamilton's top 10 college choices. Jerry Meyer and his crystal ball folks went 0-fer in picking Hamilton's school when he chose UConn to begin with, so they have no inside knowledge of D-Hamilton's recruiting.

Hamilton is ranked ahead of McCullough by the 247 team you are citing as indicating he will withdraw his verbal.
Purvis and Joseph are a wash. The SU/UConn classes are comparable on paper at this time even with the cited misses in this thread.

And lastly, while were talking crystal ball, uconn has been the prediction for #29 ranked 3/4 combo Devin Robinson for months. He will visit on Uconn's Midnight Madness.

See you in March.

But you seem to be discounting the 5 man class that Syracuse will be bringing in this year, which is on a whole different level than UCONN's 2013 class.

But you seem to be discounting the 5 man class that Syracuse will be bringing in this year, which is on a whole different level than UCONN's 2013 class.

That's fair. That point was only in response to the suggestion that the notion of UConn's class outperforming Cuse's was laughable. I think its arguable that it is, with a tip of the hat to that point.

UConn's not done yet. I think they get Robinson. I see the fact that they received visits from and made the final lists for, so many top 50 recruits to be a positive, not a negative.

Mudiay picked SMU, the American is not a wasteland. Memphis and Cinci continue to recruit well. Temple has a top 100 Skin. USF just pulled in a nice piece.

That's fair. That point was only in response to the suggestion that the notion of UConn's class outperforming Cuse's was laughable. I think its arguable that it is, with a tip of the hat to that point.

UConn's not done yet. I think they get Robinson. I see the fact that they received visits from and made the final lists for, so many top 50 recruits to be a positive, not a negative.

Mudiay picked SMU, the American is not a wasteland. Memphis and Cinci continue to recruit well. Temple has a top 100 Skin. USF just pulled in a nice piece.

I agree. The 2014 classes are quite comparable. Don't know why others are ragging on UCONN's recruiting. I'm actually impressed that Ollie has done relatively well. I guess offering schollies to every high school basketball player in the country helps :p

To be honest we shouldn't be playing any of the former catholic schools, they are the ones responsible for the demise of the Big East, and they should all become Mid-Majors. We are giving them relevance they don't deserve, by playing them. The sooner those schools become irrelevant, the better for us, and the ACC as a whole in recruiting.

To be honest we shouldn't be playing any of the former catholic schools, they are the ones responsible for the demise of the Big East, and they should all become Mid-Majors. We are giving them relevance they don't deserve, by playing them. The sooner those schools become irrelevant, the better for us, and the ACC as a whole in recruiting.
I guess Cuse could play other schools in those same markets like George Washington or George Mason, St Joes, LaSalle, Temple or Penn and Iona, Hofstra or Fordham. We would still draw pretty well.

I don't think those schools are formerly catholic, pretty sure they all still retain their ties to the Catholic Church.

But, how do you figure they are responsible for the demise of the Big East? The Big East was a Basketball Conference that tried to make football work. There never would have been a Big East without those Catholic Schools, they shouldn't be faulted for looking out for their own interests. And, in reality I think we are in a better place in the ACC than in any configuration of a football playing Big East.

I don't begrudge any of them continuing to be relevant and in fact I hope they thrive in their new configuration. I don't think anything they do will truly impact our program. I hope we continue to play them, and I hope we beat them like a drum when we do. If you want to blame someone, blame Notre Dame first and then blame BC, VA Tech and Miami.....funny how we are still tied to all of them.

and why do those clowns claim Purvis, a transfer, as one of their '14 recruits?
(not to mention, I was not at all impressed with Purvis in the NC St games I saw last year)

See you in March.

What do you guys expect as your starting line up this year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom