UConn taking it to Nova (up 8) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn taking it to Nova (up 8)

Ollie has done a great job with this team. Guys who were barely on the radar screen earlier in the year are making big contributions. Tonight he knew he couldn't play Brimah much against a smaller Nova team, and so he went with a smaller lineup.

Napier is so much better than Ennis. I don't care if he's a few years older, he's a better NBA prospect with his ability to drive, score and shoot the ball. The kid is a gamer and is the only reason UConn is even in the Tourney this year. The rest of that team is pathetic.
It's really fair to compare the 2...

Villanova stinks. Still don't understand how this crappy team got a 2.

Not questioning your post, but why would you think that? I know there are some orthopedics on the board, are you? Again, both my questions are legit, not sarcastic at all. He does seem to be in a ton of pain. We'll see if UConn can hold on without him.
it's strange. Even though on the vid from earlier it looked like a simple twist and sprain the later vid it looked like he got hit. Which makes sense as They just said it was a bad bruise. So often the next day they come back and do an mri/ct and find a hairline. Happened to me and played right through it two games. But the more I see of him the less likely this is.

It's really fair to compare the 2...
If this is sarcasm, I don't see why not...Both are roughly 6'1", 180 and play PG. An NBA team that wants an immediate impact should prefer Napier.

If this is sarcasm, I don't see why not...Both are roughly 6'1", 180 and play PG. An NBA team that wants an immediate impact should prefer Napier.
Compare the 2 as 18 year olds. Napier is a stud, but he's a senior. Ennis has a higher ceiling as an NBA player but as of this second it's obvious who the better college player is.

Not sure what the disucssion really is.

Compare the 2 as 18 year olds. Napier is a stud, but he's a senior. Ennis has a higher ceiling as an NBA player but as of this second it's obvious who the better college player is.

Not sure what the disucssion really is.
Why does Ennis have a higher ceiling, simply because he's younger? He's slower and a much worse shooter. Are those expected to get that much better?

jdubs30 said:
Compare the 2 as 18 year olds. Napier is a stud, but he's a senior. Ennis has a higher ceiling as an NBA player but as of this second it's obvious who the better college player is. Not sure what the disucssion really is.

I love Ennis, but suggesting he has a higher ceiling because he's a few years younger is absurd. Napier is head and shoulders above Ennis.

Napier is so much better than Ennis. I don't care if he's a few years older, he's a better NBA prospect with his ability to drive, score and shoot the ball. The kid is a gamer and is the only reason UConn is even in the Tourney this year. The rest of that team is pathetic.
so a senior plays better than a freshman. let me take a wild guess you are not an nba scout. good lord.

Why does Ennis have a higher ceiling, simply because he's younger? He's slower and a much worse shooter. Are those expected to get that much better?
did you watch napier as a freshman or do you just talk out your ass?

orangehomer said:
so a senior plays better than a freshman. let me take a wild guess you are not an nba scout. good lord.

Ennis will be as good as Napier in three years. Maybe.

Seriously guy? Compare their games and what you think Ennis can be. Napier has better physical skills and a better shooting stroke. That doesn't matter?

Seriously guy? Compare their games and what you think Ennis can be. Napier has better physical skills and a better shooting stroke. That doesn't matter?
did you watch napier as a freshman or not, simple question

did you watch napier as a freshman or do you just talk out your ass?
What does that have to do with anything? Ennis is a great college PG, but that doesn't mean his NBA ceiling is any higher than what Napier is right now. I think TE's NBA potential is vastly overrated. Who cares what Napier did as a freshman? Not sure how I'm talking out my ass, tough guy.

napier was something like 6-40 on threes in his last 7 or 8 games, but I guess that means nothing to you because he made a few today

orangehomer said:
napier was something like 6-40 on threes in his last 7 or 8 games, but I guess that means nothing to you because he made a few today

Napier still finds a way to score when his shot isn't falling.

Why does that matter?
Because you keep hounding that Napier has a better NBA future than Ennis; Shabazz is 4 years older with a way more refined game.

I'm not sure what you aren't understanding.

Yes, today is the only reason I think Napier should be a better pro prospect this year. :bat: Just like you saying his performance over 7 or 8 games is something to base an opinion on. Napier's 18-53 over his last 7, TE was 10-28. What's your point?

Because you keep hounding that Napier has a better NBA future than Ennis; Shabazz is 4 years older with a way more refined game.

I'm not sure what you aren't understanding.

Well, they're 3 years apart. I'm talking about if a team wants a kid that can contribute right away, as I said. Napier's current game is all around better than TE's. Is that even debatable? He can score, he can pass and he's a good shooter. You guys act like Ennis will most definitely be a better player. Who knows if he will. Again, Napier would likely be a bigger quick fix.

In the end, unfortunately, I don't see either kid having a huge NBA future. Size is going to be a factor.

Yes, today is the only reason I think Napier should be a better pro prospect this year. :bat: Just like you saying his performance over 7 or 8 games is something to base an opinion on. Napier's 18-53 over his last 7, TE was 10-28. What's your point?
the point is that napier is not a pro prospect, if he was he would be gone by now. napier is a volume scorer that is undersized and underathletic. maybe ennis sucks, maybe he doesn't, but napier definitely is not a pro

the point is that napier is not a pro prospect, if he was he would be gone by now. napier is a volume scorer that is undersized and underathletic. maybe ennis sucks, maybe he doesn't, but napier definitely is not a pro
If Napier is undersized and underathletic, then so is Tyler. Napier is definitely quicker with the ball and able to get his jumper off quicker. Neither is big enough to be a great NBA PG, though, which sucks because both are great college PG's.

Well, they're 3 years apart. I'm talking about if a team wants a kid that can contribute right away, as I said. Napier's current game is all around better than TE's. Is that even debatable? He can score, he can pass and he's a good shooter. You guys act like Ennis will most definitely be a better player. Who knows if he will. Again, Napier would likely be a bigger quick fix.

In the end, unfortunately, I don't see either kid having a huge NBA future. Size is going to be a factor.
If the draft was today Ennis would be chosen first.

- Napier is a SG in PG's body.
- Ennis a pure PG and knows how to run a team; Napier is more of a shot first guy.
- Nothing about Napier's game screams next level; he's a good shooter but he's really inconsistent and there's nothing else that he does consistently
- There's not too many pass-first guys who have a calm demeanor and can run an offense; Ennis has it
- Ennis is better at getting to the rim than Napier is right now; Napier is a better shooter

It really isn't close. Napier's skill set is all over the college game; an undersized PG who can shoot but doesn't stand out in any other facet. Ennis is a natural PG with scoring ability and length. Napier is by far a better jump shooter, but Ennis can develop in that aspect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom