UConn taking it to Nova (up 8) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UConn taking it to Nova (up 8)

How much crow do we have to eat now that UConn made it farther in the tourney than us?

jdubs30 said:
If the draft was today Ennis would be chosen first. - Napier is a SG in PG's body. - Ennis a pure PG and knows how to run a team; Napier is more of a shot first guy. - Nothing about Napier's game screams next level; he's a good shooter but he's really inconsistent and there's nothing else that he does consistently - There's not too many pass-first guys who have a calm demeanor and can run an offense; Ennis has it - Ennis is better at getting to the rim than Napier is right now; Napier is a better shooter It really isn't close. Napier's skill set is all over the college game; an undersized PG who can shoot but doesn't stand out in any other facet. Ennis is a natural PG with scoring ability and length. Napier is by far a better jump shooter, but Ennis can develop in that aspect.

I agree with most you wrote outside of Ennis being a pass first player. All I've seen is him either shooting the ball or passing it to CJ for an isolation play. Ennis has taken a ton of shots this year, has led the team in shots taken a bunch of games and I would imagine is second on the team in shots taken.

How much crow do we have to eat now that UConn made it farther in the tourney than us?
La Salle made it to the Sweet 16 2 years ago.

Let's not lose sight of where we are compared to them. We've made it PAST the Sweet 16 the past 2 years, they didn't win a tournament game in either of those years (one was a ban). It's no big deal.

I agree with most you wrote outside of Ennis being a pass first player. All I've seen is him either shooting the ball or passing it to CJ for an isolation play. Ennis has taken a ton of shots this year, has led the team in shots taken a bunch of games and I would imagine is second on the team in shots taken.
Ennis takes what he is given. Think about the players he was surrounded with this year; if CJ was off, where was he supposed to go?

Think about our offense the past month; teams were blitzing CJ with double teams, Cooney couldn't make a shot, and Grant isn't a legitimate offensive weapon yet (besides offensive boards).

Not sure where you wanted Ennis to go with the ball. He created a ton of opportunities for Rak this year based off his penetration alone.

I've said this before; if we could swap and put Ennis on last year's team and MCW on this year's team, we might have 2 titles.

jdubs30 said:
Ennis takes what he is given. Think about the players he was surrounded with this year; if CJ was off, where was he supposed to go? Think about our offense the past month; teams were blitzing CJ with double teams, Cooney couldn't make a shot, and Grant isn't a legitimate offensive weapon yet (besides offensive boards). Not sure where you wanted Ennis to go with the ball. He created a ton of opportunities for Rak this year based off his penetration alone. I've said this before; if we could swap and put Ennis on last year's team and MCW on this year's team, we might have 2 titles.

I understand all of that, but it's still going against calling him a pass first point guard. He scored a ton in high school so I'm not sure I'm ready to call him that at this point.

I understand all of that, but it's still going against calling him a pass first point guard. He scored a ton in high school so I'm not sure I'm ready to call him that at this point.
If you don't consider Ennis a pass first PG I'm not sure who would fall in that category then...

jdubs30 said:
If you don't consider Ennis a pass first PG I'm not sure who would fall in that category then...

Somebody who isn't taking 15+ shots a game from the point guard position.

Somebody who isn't taking 15+ shots a game from the point guard position.
It was by necessity man. He wasn't doing in January; but when it became obvious that Cooney wasn't a threat and Grant couldn't create his own shot consistently, Tyler had to do it.

If Ennis only takes 10 shots tonight, where do you want those other 11 shots to go? Even if you give Grant 6, you still have 5 more to give out.

jdubs30 said:
It was by necessity man. He wasn't doing in January; but when it became obvious that Cooney wasn't a threat and Grant couldn't create his own shot consistently, Tyler had to do it. If Ennis only takes 10 shots tonight, where do you want those other 11 shots to go? Even if you give Grant 6, you still have 5 more to give out.

Rak had four quick points and shot the ball 3 more times the rest of the game "making one". Give him 2-3 more. And give G another 2, he played quite a bit of minutes.

No reason that our center who's shooting 60% and hitting 70%+ of his free throws is taking 5 shots a game. Even if he jacks up 4-5 more shots he's going to the line a couple of times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom