UConn will be ready | Syracusefan.com

UConn will be ready

cuseguy

Living Legend
I guess.

UConn LB following the Pitt debacle:

When it was over, linebacker Sio Moore said, "This crap can't go on anymore. This isn't going to be tolerated."

Ready for what? Another drubbing. Sio is about the only talent on their D, other than the big Dlineman they have.

I wonder which part. The offense, which is terrible and going nowhere quickly?

Or the defense, which gave up 529 yards to an offense that two weeks ago proved they have only one true weapon, and lost that weapon after 2 plays.

I think one thing is clear, don't play Pitt at Heinz on a weeknight. Better off playing them there on a Saturday at noon. So I guess that worked out for us.

Basically we need to hope our offense keeps improving, otherwise that game could be used as a sleep aid.

I guess.

UConn LB following the Pitt debacle:

When it was over, linebacker Sio Moore said, "This crap can't go on anymore. This isn't going to be tolerated."

Agreed, we get their best shot.. I don't think UCONN is a good team but either was Tulane.. happens. One very good game does not a program make, our body of work this year still points to tremendously inconsisten play, take our best game and worst game out of the equation and I see Syracuse as a possible favorite but not a 14 point favorite, people are getting carried away with the Orange Kool Aid

Agreed, we get their best shot.. I don't think UCONN is a good team but either was Tulane.. happens. One very good game does not a program make, our body of work this year still points to tremendously inconsisten play, take our best game and worst game out of the equation and I see Syracuse as a possible favorite but not a 14 point favorite, people are getting carried away with the Orange Kool Aid

Probably too much kool aid, but the fact is still that if we lose to UConn, something went very wrong. Tulane may have been a show but we still put 37 points on the board at the end of the day. And I really think that (lack of) atmosphere had an impact.

Every team is going to do to our defense what WVU had limited success with, Tulane had lots of success with, and Rutgers had no success with (even though they tried). And that's to just throw the ball deep and force our DBs to make a play. I worry more about Louisville pulling this off than I do UConn.

Reminds of GRob having the Dome speakers blare Twisted Sisters"We're not going to take it" before every game in 2006, and me putting my head in my hands and shaking. UConn is having their Syracuse 2005 season, but they had a slightly more talent than we had that season.

I just hope it is warmer and dryer than today is next saturday.

Reminds of GRob having the Dome speakers blare Twisted Sisters"We're not going to take it" before every game in 2006.

I forgot how annoying that was...especially in the empty dome.

Those empty stadiums during the GRob era had their advantages though. I would bring a bag of sunflower seeds to the game and I could spit the shells a good 10 rows out without the risk of hitting anyone...

people are getting carried away with the Orange Kool Aid
You're right that people are getting carried away, but can't we all just sit back and imagine the best for once?

Uconn sucks. Maybe they'll be ready, but our guys will be motivated too as they have never beat UConn.

We've all suffered. I'm enjoying the kool aid.

Seriously though, Louisville is the game I'm worried about. They are not a good match up for us.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure he was just voicing frustration on Pitt's behalf for their meager attendance, he was commiserating with his former colleagues that attendance that low is simply not excusable in the ACC... I can't find it anymore, but there was an extended interview where he went on to say "yeah we expect this kind of in storrs, we milked this BCS thing as long as we could, but this is Pittsburgh people, have some respect!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom