UFC 145: Jones v. Evans | Syracusefan.com

UFC 145: Jones v. Evans

This Rory McDonald kid is LEGIT!

That was pure domination and calculated moves by Rory. Scary good.

I like Jones with a TKO - elbows in second.

1st round
feeling each other round. No real contact. JBJ keeping Evans at distance with kicks.

Rashad lands a headkick that stuns JBJ late in the round.

1st round is dead even and can be called either way

2nd round
starting to grapple more. Evans getting cocky. Fighters still have yet to go to the ground. Bones is starting to land some big elbows.

JBJ Rocks evans with some big shots with 10 seconds left in the round. Bones is starting to use a short "jab-elbow" hybrid that is catching Evans off guard.

2nd round to JBJ

3rd round
Evans eye is starting to swell. Evans lands a BIG shot on bones...first real shot of the match for evans. JBJ is starting to land some real power kicks now.

JBJ mixing some nice kicks with real short powerful elbows. Rashad is having issues with JBJ's range.

Fighters have spent exactly zero time on the mat. this fight has been completely a stand-up fight.

3rd round to JBJ

4th round
no real serious damage for either fighter. both could probably go another 5 rounds...if asked. This is more of a chess match than a brawl. Each are throwing calculated shots. No wild shots here.

What a boring fight. They are standing in the middle of the ring dancing around each other. Throw a punch...retreat. Throw a punch...retreat. This fight feels like its going to decision...

Still have not spent any time on the ground. Has been a very boring fight to this point.

JBJ takes round 4

Round 5

Evans comes out fast, but they go right back into the "dance". If this goes to decision, JBJ will win. And Evans will immediately call for a rematch.

These guys have very similar styles...which makes for a very boring fight. Evans is getting desperate and is starting to throw haymakers.

I stayed up for this fight? Really? This fight is a snoozer. FINALLY at 1:09, the fight went to the ground for all of 3 seconds.

Last 10 seconds of this fight are spent on the ground. Time for the judges to make a decision

JBJ takes round 5 of this snoozefest.

JBJ will most certainly win by decision. These guys should never fight each other again. What an awful fight.

First time watching a UFC fight and I don't get why its considered so much better than boxing, they just danced around.

Reading your posts I'm guessing that's not typical, but I coulda been asleep!

No problem bud...
Art and Chandler (and mom n dad) get a little face time as JBJ walks out of the octagon.