Ugghh... # 2 on ESPN's path to the draft... | Syracusefan.com

Ugghh... # 2 on ESPN's path to the draft...

Great.

How many titles they get out of those guys??

0?

Oh cool.

exactly... mind you Hibbert developed at Indiana - not Gtown. Iverson is broke - and likely soon to add to his thug record, Monroe's development was stunted at gtown being stuck in the princeton offense.. Porter is a talent.. but we shall see. Green - ehh decent player nothing to write home about.

Wait till Waiters explodes , and MCW gets rolling.

and no matter what time it is.. GTOWN still sucks..

Path to the Draft: Biggest underachievers

Georgetown: Yes, the Hoyas are just months removed from winning a Big East title. And it was only six seasons ago that John Thompson III’s squad advanced to the 2007 Final Four. Still, this list is based largely on postseason accomplishments, and no one can argue that, overall, Georgetown has been a disappointment in March. That aforementioned Final Four berth was the Hoyas’ first since 1985 -- and they haven’t advanced to the NCAA tournament’s second weekend since. Even worse is that their past five tournament losses are to Davidson, Ohio, VCU, NC State and Florida Gulf Coast (as a No. 2 seed). That’s an ugly mark on a program that boasts recent alumni such as Greg Monroe, Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert and Otto Porter.

For all their talent they have been eliminated in the NCAA Tournament by a double digit seed the last five years. That is an embarrassment.

Georgetown: Yes, the Hoyas are just months removed from winning a Big East title. And it was only six seasons ago that John Thompson III’s squad advanced to the 2007 Final Four. Still, this list is based largely on postseason accomplishments, and no one can argue that, overall, Georgetown has been a disappointment in March. That aforementioned Final Four berth was the Hoyas’ first since 1985 -- and they haven’t advanced to the NCAA tournament’s second weekend since. Even worse is that their past five tournament losses are to Davidson, Ohio, VCU, NC State and Florida Gulf Coast (as a No. 2 seed). That’s an ugly mark on a program that boasts recent alumni such as Greg Monroe, Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert and Otto Porter.

For all their talent they have been eliminated in the NCAA Tournament by a double digit seed the last five years. That is an embarrassment.

exactly which tells me the players are good when recruited.. but at the end of the day they are really developing in the league not in DC.

BTW, that entire series is a joke Eamonn Brennan and Myron Metcalf are idiots. How the heck is Wake Forest ranked 9th.

Top Five NBA Draftees Since 1989

1. Tim Duncan (1997)
    2. Chris Paul (2005
    3. Josh Howard (2003)
    4. Rodney Rogers (1993)
    5. Jeff Teague (2009)
That is a solid list and their two top are ridiculous when you factor in their careers. Michigan, UCLA, Arizona are tough for me to see rate above Paul and Duncan. Howard, Rogers were solid players and Teague is improving a lot for Atlanta.

Well, Patrick Ewing still can't read that article.

I kid, I kid! I actually think Ewing's an alright guy (somebody had a good story about meeting him on an airplane not too long ago) and would like to see an NBA team give him a shot as a head coach.

I would like to see an NBA team give him a kick in the crotch.

JTIII-good recruiter, bad coach.

This is unrelated to Georgetown, but I started reading the rest of the path to the draft stuff and it made me think about Derrick Coleman, and that led me to this old article from SI that I never saw before. I figured others may not have seen it, either, so I figured I'd share:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1148832/index.htm

Unfortunately this article followed shortly thereafter.

Coleman's Corner

At least he lost his money trying to do good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom