Uh oh. Mike Lombardi on nfl network... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Uh oh. Mike Lombardi on nfl network...

I remember Bill Polian stating that if DM did not take the Cuse job he would have been in line for NFL HC jobs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

that may be the case... but 2 things:

1. if cuse stayed in the dog house... marrone was toast. so theoretically making his time at cuse the most important, if for nothing else not committing career suicide.
2. who knows where his career goes if he stuck with NO. he could have been involved in the controversy or he could have been the interim coach.

Is there a coach that SU could hire that could sell 4 and 5 star recruits that it would be better to go to SU? The University can even convince the guy they brought here, for his dream job, to stay.

Please provide a list of coaches that will coach at SU for 1.2 million and also pull in 4 and 5 star players on a consistent basis. Just fill in the blanks, 3 options would be interesting because I can't think of any.

1)

2)

3)
Well, we'll see if anyone else can do better. But I do think that to win consistently you need to occasionally get 4 and 5 star guys, and get a lot of 3 star types with several other BCS level offers on a consistent basis. Doug showed he was a good judge of talent and could coach, but to me he didn't prove he could recruit the level of guys we'll need to recruit to be the program we want to be. Maybe that is the fault of the facilities, or the conference situation, etc. I don't know. It isn't my job to come up with the list of guys that can do it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom