UL-UF-Tonight maybe we get some idea of far away we are from competing with the best | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UL-UF-Tonight maybe we get some idea of far away we are from competing with the best

Ville first punt of the game, 6 minutes to go. Wow.

UF looks like they did in the 1st half of the season. one dimensional offense and not very good. i thought they were over ranked/over-hyped in the beginning of the season, but then they started to look like a good team in the middle of the season.

i would put UGA in the same over-hyped category. the sec wasn't very good this year (i am biased, hate the sec and have to deal with their fans everyday down here in SEC territory.

Florida head coach has a face better suited for radio

Florida doesn't seem to be in much of a hurry. Guess they think 3rd time is a charm for onsides kicks?

It used to be just Edgerin James and Rickey Williams. But does it seem like every player has dreads nowadays?

The last time Lousiville played a team with that color scheme it didn't work out so well for them.

11848225-standard.jpg

G'night.

Fun fact: My grandfather was the oldest living UF alum before he died.

Warm up the bus, Gator fans.

You means warm up the tenement on wheels. They were a floating trailer park at the Orange Bowl in '99.

So now we just need Pitt to win. ND to win (barf). Another ACC raid. And then we can have a meltdown big enough to distract us from Marrone leaving.

Worst post game interviewer.

Strong should have pulled a David Shaw.

Does Teddy Bridgewater have a dip in his mouth?

Loved Strong dedicating the win to David Pollack for saying UF would win by 15, but that it'd feel like 30.

Thoughts:

1. Louisville is committed to football and Coach Strong stays. Good things happen.

2. We destroyed that team.

3. The SEC is overrated this season. Still very good, but on reputation this season. If ND wins (lesser of 2 evils) the Big Fighting ACC has a chance to make a name for itself.

Great win for the Cards, Big East (yeah, I know they aren't destined to be around long, but going out with a bang, naturally muffled by Rutgers, is still cool) and the ACC.

Thoughts:

2. We destroyed that team.

True, although this UofL team tonight played nothing like they did when SU crushed them. Would be a very good game if they played now, both teams playing on highs. Best game I've seen Teddy play this year, plus the O-line and D-line played far better than they normally do. They were bad against SU, a testimony to a good SU team too.

Call me crazy, IF we Brandon Reddish intercepts the ball in Cincinnati we are either playing Florida tonight or would have already played FSU last night.

I guarantee we would have beaten BOTH UF and FSU. We are better up front and their offenses do not scare me.

I think right now, we are a top 15 team with the play of our QB, Defense and most importantly OL.

This game leads me to believe ND will put up a fight in NC game... maybe even win. SEC overrated?

Lastly, Last year we DOMINATED WVU, they roll in BCS. This year we DOMINATED UofL, they roll in BCS.

WE ARE CLOSE... a lot closer than some think. If we can hold onto Marrone, get a comparable replacement at QB and continue stellar OL play we have a shot at ACC championship game.

Call me crazy, IF we Brandon Reddish intercepts the ball in Cincinnati we are either playing Florida tonight or would have already played FSU last night.

I guarantee we would have beaten BOTH UF and FSU. We are better up front and their offenses do not scare me.

I think right now, we are a top 15 team with the play of our QB, Defense and most importantly OL.

This game leads me to believe ND will put up a fight in NC game... maybe even win. SEC overrated?

Lastly, Last year we DOMINATED WVU, they roll in BCS. This year we DOMINATED UofL, they roll in BCS.

WE ARE CLOSE... a lot closer than some think. If we can hold onto Marrone, get a comparable replacement at QB and continue stellar OL play we have a shot at ACC championship game.

That's why the recent "we will never ever win a NC" meme is kind of nuts. If you can string enough decent recruits with a few great ones (Bridgewater-esque) and have a coach who can, you know coach - it's not too crazy to think about. Especially with the playoff growing into a wider pool eventually. Then you just have to be in the top 8 or 16 or something? It could be more like the NFL, where you can get hot at the right time and ride the momentum. These one-off bowl games 30+ days past your last game can lead to a lack of momentum.

Of course, hope springs eternally orange with me.

True, although this UofL team tonight played nothing like they did when SU crushed them. Would be a very good game if they played now, both teams playing on highs. Best game I've seen Teddy play this year, plus the O-line and D-line played far better than they normally do. They were bad against SU, a testimony to a good SU team too.

That's because SU isn't one dimensional and when you can pass and run well you are going to beat a lot of teams. Florida can't do both and neither can Louisville but once again the SEC teams show that if they face a qb that can pass, they struggle. I wish ND could pass well because they'd score quite a few points against Bama, just like A&M and Georgia did.

Playing D and Special Teams is also important. Florida's D was lousy for a top 5 team, and they lacked much on special teams. Speed is great but only if there is talent to catch/run/tackle combined with it. Louisville played enough D to stop Florida's mediocre offense. Ironic how important D was to the Big East and the bowl season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom