Unacceptable. | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Unacceptable.

They were down like 20 in the 2nd half

Yeah. It seems to me there are tight games that turn into 9 point losses because of fouls and free throws at the end.

There are blowouts that turn into 9 point losses because of some garbage time points that make the score look respectable.

And then there are the largely competitive games where one team is a little better and wins convincingly enough by 9...never a rout but also never a real doubt on who would win.

I didn’t watch that game to know what it was. Sounds like the second one if they were down 20 in the second half?

Yeah. It seems to me there are tight games that turn into 9 point losses because of fouls and free throws at the end.

There are blowouts that turn into 9 point losses because of some garbage time points that make the score look respectable.

And then there are the largely competitive games where one team is a little better and wins convincingly enough by 9...never a rout but also never a real doubt on who would win.

I didn’t watch that game to know what it was. Sounds like the second one if they were down 20 in the second half?

MTSU’s largest lead was 62-53 in the 2H. Not 20. It was a one possession game the whole way from 4:00 to 1:00 left. Then the free throw/fouling happened at the very end. It was a good one.

MTSU’s largest lead was 62-53 in the 2H. Not 20. It was a one possession game the whole way from 4:00 to 1:00 left. Then the free throw/fouling happened at the very end. It was a good one.
ok, thanks, remembered wrong - fairly certain MSU never had the lead in the game tho

ok, thanks, remembered wrong - fairly certain MSU never had the lead in the game tho

I think so. 76-77 I think was the closest MSU got with a few minutes left. They just couldn’t seize momentum. Giddy Potts and that red headed 1/2 black guy just couldn’t be stopped.

I believe it is 4-25 But it's bad regardless
Izzo is 1-5 against Jim Boeheim.
He’s 2-7 against Roy Williams.
He’s 1-11 against Mike Krzyzewski.
That is how I got 4-23.
It’s actually 3-23 vs. UNC/SU/Duke as one of those wins against Roy was while he was at Kansas.

Izzo is 1-5 against Jim Boeheim.
He’s 2-7 against Roy Williams.
He’s 1-11 against Mike Krzyzewski.
That is how I got 4-23.
It’s actually 3-23 vs. UNC/SU/Duke as one of those wins against Roy was while he was at Kansas.

How about VS Self, Calipari, and Pitino? Too lazy to look it up

How about VS Self, Calipari, and Pitino? Too lazy to look it up
Izzo is 4-3 against Self at Kansas 9-5 when counting Illinois.
Izzo is 2-1 against Calipari
Izzo is 2-1 against Pitino all 3 matchups in Elite 8.

Izzo is 4-3 against Self at Kansas 9-5 when counting Illinois.
Izzo is 2-1 against Calipari
Izzo is 2-1 against Pitino all 3 matchups in Elite 8.

Interesting. Thanks.

Really? How so? Did we not make the final four in 2016? Did we not beat the #1 seed to get there? I asked that he make his argument without saying that 2016 was luck. That seems reasonable to me.
I said we caught a break in 2016 when the 2 seed got upset, and then took advantage of it, congrats to the team. The four game run to the final four in the last 5 seasons has been really one of only few bright spots in the last 5 years. I think even you would agree the trend is not one of an elite, consistent program. The big question is does it get better. I think we need 11 - 12 ACC wins this year to whiff the NCAA tournament, 8 -10 is not doing this year. 10 - 8 with no wins over UVA, UNC, Duke won't cut it. We have no room for error.

You do seem to be connected tot he program and I am interested in your take on next year, ie - Battle & Brissett, freshman impact etc.

The idea that we’d beat MSU in 2016 because we beat a completely different MSU team in 2018 by one possession is not a hill I would choose to die on but hey, I want to see where this goes.
we agree on something. scary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom