Unacceptable. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Unacceptable.

Ive watched a lot of UB. They will not steamroll us, our leaders wont let that happen. That being said two straight home losses to mid majors is an AWFUL look. Id give favor to UB, having watched them. But I refuse to believe cuse comes out that flat

Why is it all or nothing with some people? My solution would be for him to stop being so stubborn and switch up his offense. It’s so predictable at this point and it’s not working.
That answer isn't acceptable. He is what he is. He isn't going to change. Not after 43 years. When he just rolls his eyes at you when you suggest he change, what do you suggest we do?

With two minutes left Frank made no effort on a 50/50 loose ball that ended up in foul shots. The lack of effort on that play almost made me hope it was due to physical reasons.

Production from the centers is laughable.

We cannot shoot, yet often settle for jumpers.

The buffalo game is a HUGE game. Lose that one and we are in big trouble

Start Carey. Frank is not close to 100%. Play Marek at the 5 more. Just an unacceptable loss all around.

I’m so glad that we get to be on the bubble...every year, because we can’t handle our OOC schedule in Nov/Dec.

Buffalo wins by 10+

What will that do? It’s not Jalens fault but we hardly scored when he was in. Both halves when the announcers said we had gone stretches without scoring was with Jalen in. Frank at least had 6 assists and hit a couple 3’s. The whole team is not playing well and not hitting shots, nor FTs today.

How about recruiting a big like Rick Jackson?
Jackson was a top 60 kid who could score and was a rebounder on defense.
We play 4 on 5 every year and don’t try changing.
I don't know if you did, but I actually watched Rick Jackson play in high school. He played in the Hall of fame classic against Dematha. He was not impressive at all.

No center play so they can clog the middle to stop anyone trying to go to the basket. Then you put up threes and don't make enough.

HORRIBLE free throw shooting.

Plus give them some credit for playing a good defensive game,

Adds up to a big L

we run a fine offense.. ODU ran no offense at all the whole game.. they threw up bad 3s and it worked out for them.. make the Fts and Layups and we score 75 and win easily..

make the simple shots, its the name of the game.

Start Carey. Frank is not close to 100%. Play Marek at the 5 more. Just an unacceptable loss all around.

I’m so glad that we get to be on the bubble...every year, because we can’t handle our OOC schedule in Nov/Dec.

Buffalo wins by 10+
Can’t agree more. It’s hard to watch Frank. I want him to succeed as much as anyone. That loose ball where he was ahead of the defender and was beat to the ball and had to foul, yikes. Have to go with Marek for the offense. Not like PC and BS are enforcers on defense or on the glass. The O is the major problem. Good post man.

we run a fine offense.. ODU ran no offense at all the whole game.. they threw up bad 3s and it worked out for them.. make the Fts and Layups and we score 75 and win easily..

make the simple shots, its the name of the game.

That tells me more than I wanted to know. Geez. :D

This was the risk of extending an old man's tenure.

And this is coming from an unabashed supporter of Boeheim's.
Everyone wants boeheim to succeed even a crusty old wop like me. But it’s not working. 5 years is a pretty good sample size to say that maybe we shouldn’t be locked into this for another 4 years. JB has been bailed out by the selection committee several times. For how long does his body of work justify the continuation? Are we content to ride this out until 2022? That would mark almost a decade of mediocrity.

Call it whatever makes you feel better. The coaches are turning this product into an opened banana that’s been left to sit on the counter for 5 years. We’re supposed to enjoy eating this molding banana.
Look, there is no doubt, our program is stale. The sanctions hurt but they were our fault. I said at the time that Jb should have been let go. And I love what he has done here and I have actually been here long enough that I saw Syracuse play with Roy Danforth as coach. But two probation's is one too many. But the board doesn't make school policy. No matter what we think or what we post.

Can’t agree more. It’s hard to watch Frank. I want him to succeed as much as anyone. That loose ball where he was ahead of the defender and was beat to the ball and had to foul, yikes. Have to go with Marek for the offense. Not like PC and BS are enforcers on defense or on the glass. The O is the major problem. Good post man.

That play is the single reason why Frank CANNOT continue to get more minutes than Carey if we want this team to be successful. If he can’t make that play, it’s glaringly obvious he’s not 100%. And we can’t run him out there and give him a major role if he’s not able to even make that type of play.

That play is the single reason why Frank CANNOT continue to get more minutes than Carey if we want this team to be successful. If he can’t make that play, it’s glaringly obvious he’s not 100%. And we can’t run him out there and give him a major role if he’s not able to even make that type of play.

What about the plays he did make?

Everyone wants boeheim to succeed even a crusty old wop like me. But it’s not working. 5 years is a pretty good sample size to say that maybe we shouldn’t be locked into this for another 4 years. JB has been bailed out by the selection committee several times. For how long does his body of work justify the continuation? Are we content to ride this out until 2022? That would mark almost a decade of mediocrity.
JB has not been bailed out by the selection Committee. That is just plain foolish talk. Yeah, he was bailed out and then won a bunch of games. Ridiculous.

How about recruiting a big like Rick Jackson?
Jackson was a top 60 kid who could score and was a rebounder on defense.
We play 4 on 5 every year and don’t try changing.

Rick Jackson was good.

As a senior.

This whole program just has a stale feel to it. No energy. No excitement. Just boring brand of basketball. Pretty depressing.

Compare basketball to football. I'm excited for every football game. I don't quite think the sky is falling, and I think JB is a great coach, but stale is the right word.

OSU was a great win. But for the most part I've been bored this year watching. I'm not even angry, I'm just used to us losing and looking horrible doing it.

JB has not been bailed out by the selection Committee. That is just plain foolish talk. Yeah, he was bailed out and then won a bunch of games. Ridiculous.
The point is when you’re on the bubble or the last team picked that means they could have easily been left out without a leg to stand on.

I take full responsibility for today’s performance. I just didn’t have the guys ready to play and my in game adjustments from the couch were ineffective. It’s 100% on me. I will have the team ready for our next game

More Marek, less Hughes.

Marek was the key to our run last year!

Sweet 12 foot jumper, hustles, great court vision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom