Unacceptable. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Unacceptable.

Compare basketball to football. I'm excited for every football game. I don't quite think the sky is falling, and I think JB is a great coach, but stale is the right word.

OSU was a great win. But for the most part I've been bored this year watching. I'm not even angry, I'm just used to us losing and looking horrible doing it.

“I’ve been bored this year watching.”

That sums up every year since 2015. The games aren’t appointment watching anymore. Win or lose the game are ugly and a chore to get through.

Look, there is no doubt, our program is stale. The sanctions hurt but they were our fault. I said at the time that Jb should have been let go. And I love what he has done here and I have actually been here long enough that I saw Syracuse play with Roy Danforth as coach. But two probation's is one too many. But the board doesn't make school policy. No matter what we think or what we post.
Fair enough. Then why does it seem like you’re defending the direction of the program?

I take full responsibility for today’s performance. I just didn’t have the guys ready to play and my in game adjustments from the couch were ineffective. It’s 100% on me. I will have the team ready for our next game
I accept that. I feel better about Buffalo already. as a favor to me, could you hold Buddy out until he is actually ready?

That sums up every year since 2015. The games aren’t appointment watching anymore. Win or lose the game are ugly and a chore to get through.
Stop watching. If you don't enjoy the games, it isn't worth the angst. I still enjoy watching.

What will that do? It’s not Jalens fault but we hardly scored when he was in. Both halves when the announcers said we had gone stretches without scoring was with Jalen in. Frank at least had 6 assists and hit a couple 3’s. The whole team is not playing well and not hitting shots, nor FTs today.
Just stop. Frank's play in the first ten minutes of the second half let them back in the game. Blaming Carey. Really? Frank was gassed at the end

Stop watching. If you don't enjoy the games, it isn't worth the angst. I still enjoy watching.

If I’m being honest the most I watched live was a half vs OSU and a half vs Gtown.

Just stop. Frank's play in the first ten minutes of the second half let them back in the game. Blaming Carey. Really? Frank was gassed at the end

Really? Must have watched a different game. And I didn’t blame Jalen.

Men's college basketball is brutal. Unless you are blue blood like Duke, Kansas and Kentucky packed with superstars, anyone can beat anyone at any give day.

Compare basketball to football. I'm excited for every football game. I don't quite think the sky is falling, and I think JB is a great coach, but stale is the right word.

OSU was a great win. But for the most part I've been bored this year watching. I'm not even angry, I'm just used to us losing and looking horrible doing it.

Unfortunately those are my exact feelings and I don't like it.

Ive watched a lot of UB. They will not steamroll us, our leaders wont let that happen. That being said two straight home losses to mid majors is an AWFUL look. Id give favor to UB, having watched them. But I refuse to believe cuse comes out that flat

Unfortunately you predict we'll win every game so it's tough to take your predictions very seriously.

With two minutes left Frank made no effort on a 50/50 loose ball that ended up in foul shots. The lack of effort on that play almost made me hope it was due to physical reasons.
Lack of effort is as much on yhe coaches as players. Players just like throwing up 3 pointers. To hard to drive lane for these players today.

And every time I think we have a little momentum we don't. The dwindling crowds should terrify the AD.

We have been a mediocre basketball program over the last 150 games or so. That's a huge sample size. Yes, Malachi going off during those magical 8 minutes vs. Virginia and winning that low-scoring slugfest vs. Michigan State were awesome and I hyperventilated in happiness after both. But at at the end of the day, they're just lipstick on a pig. They're window dressing that cover up systemic problems, particularly our entire offensive philosophy.

This is a long season, and it's still early. I predicted that we would beat Ohio State, and I also think we are going to beat UB. But I think we're going to lose a lot of games this year against teams that we should beat, and are probably looking at another season hovering around the bubble and sweating out Selection Sunday.

They should build a statue of JB in the middle of the campus after he retires. But if we don't make the tourney this year, I think having him back is just fundamentally irrational.

we run a fine offense.. ODU ran no offense at all the whole game.. they threw up bad 3s and it worked out for them.. make the Fts and Layups and we score 75 and win easily..

make the simple shots, its the name of the game.

Did you watch the same game I did? The moved the ball around very well and had a lot of open shots while we did nothing like that.

Unfortunately you predict we'll win every game so it's tough to take your predictions very seriously.

My post wasn’t predicting a win

We have been a mediocre basketball program over the last 150 games or so. That's a huge sample size. Yes, Malachi going off during those magical 8 minutes vs. Virginia and winning that low-scoring slugfest vs. Michigan State were awesome and I hyperventilated in happiness after both. But at at the end of the day, they're just lipstick on a pig. They're window dressing that cover up systemic problems, particularly our entire offensive philosophy.

This is a long season, and it's still early. I predicted that we would beat Ohio State, and I also think we are going to beat UB. But I think we're going to lose a lot of games this year against teams that we should beat, and are probably looking at another season hovering around the bubble and sweating out Selection Sunday.

They should build a statue of JB in the middle of the campus after he retires. But if we don't make the tourney this year, I think having him back is just fundamentally irrational.

I’m very conflicted as I’ve felt that we should move on from JB at various points in 2016, 17 and 18. And then we win a game that we had no business winning or we go on a run in the tournament and I’m all in on JB. I mean we were supposed to be a top 25 team this year. We returned everyone from a sweet 16 team and a top 5 defense. But once again here we are one week removed from needing hero ball from Tyus Battle to beat a mediocre Gtown team and one hour removed from losing to a Colonial Athletic Conference team.

I’m sure we’ll get a few more big wins this year and we may even pull off an upset or two on the back of the zone as like a ten seed or something. Is that what we are now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom