UNC/Duke game might not be happening tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC/Duke game might not be happening tonight

They should reschedule it for next Friday night, 2/21. Both Duke and UNC are at home that weekend

That would be great for SU with 24 hours before the true game!! I don't see the ACC allowing that to happen because it would benefit a non-tobacco road team most!

HOW does this happen? I understand that the south may not have the resources to clear the roads like a Syracuse, but how is it the afternoon of the game and Duke didn't leave early or the conference and school officials not already move this game?

Duke is scared. :)

Book Duke some rooms at the Carolina Inn and play the game.

Steve Kirschner, a UNC sports spokesman, said Atlantic Coast Conference rules provide that the game must go on if both teams and the referees can get there. Duke says its team will make the trip to Chapel Hill early in the evening, and three officials were rounded up and had arrived on campus by mid-afternoon.“We’re following the ACC policy,” Kirschner said. “We encourage everyone to use good judgment, and if they feel they can’t get here safely, they should stay home and watch it on TV.

”When Maryland visited UNC for basketball games on icy days in 1994 and 2000, the roads were snarled and most ticketholders stayed away. UNC officials opened the doors that night to let students fill the empty seats.That might happen again Wednesday night, Kirschner said. As game time approaches and the doors open at 7:30 p.m., UNC officials will decide whether it’s safe to assume that they’ll have thousands of seats to fill.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/02/12/3615710/nc-gov-mccrory-wont-be-there-but.html#storylink=cpy

Game is ON (at this point) according to officials. Fans with tickets are encouraged not to come. Students will have free access.

Duke ain't in Chapel Hill yet, and the RDU area right now is looking like Atlanta did the other week.

And yes, I'm aware this is a Syracuse board. Just thought I'd let you all know in case anyone had planned on watching the game after the Syracuse game tonight.

When you bring Syracuse into your league, you get us....weather and all

Even when we aren't playing, Syracuse can invade Chapel Hill. Remember that.

Last edited:
When you bring Syracuse into your league, you get us...weather and all

Even when we aren't playing, Syracuse can invade Chapel Hill. Remember that.

Come on man, being undefeated isn't enough? You have to hit us with this cold stuff too?!?

I just hope these damn southerners don't think they're gonna migrate up here for the nice weather...

Game is ON (at this point) according to officials. Fans with tickets are encouraged not to come. Students will have free access.

Syracuse students sleep out in snow and sub-freezing temps for weeks to be first in line for SU/Duke seats . . .

UNC encourages its fans to flee from the frozen white terror

BgTTLK5IYAAJ6wf.jpg:large

Game is OFF. Duke is refusing to leave Durham. I guess if I were K I'd be scared too, but not of the weather.

Game is OFF. Duke is refusing to leave Durham. I guess if I were K I'd be scared too, but not of the weather.

Darn! A Syracuse win over Pitt and a Duke loss was going to be a nice midpoint of my week.

the game isn't really off is it? I heard the refs were there. If everyone other than Duke is there, that is ridiculous. It's 8 to 11 miles. Take a snowmobile.

the game isn't really off is it? I heard the refs were there. If everyone other than Duke is there, that is ridiculous. It's 8 to 11 miles. Take a snowmobile.

The refs are there, the game staff is there, the TV crews (ESPN and Raycom for local coverage) are there...everyone but Duke.

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 1m
Source confirms Duke-UNC game will be postponed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom