UNC/Duke game might not be happening tonight | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UNC/Duke game might not be happening tonight

While UNC's home stadium is about as rowdy as a morgue for many games, the Duke game is always an exception. Even the blue hairs who own just about all of the lower level at the Dean Dome get loud for that one game a year. But yes, it would be ridiculous with 18,000 students packing the stadium. Agree that this weather stuff is smoke and mirrors. Saw that even Duke's radio crew was able to make it to the game. Everyone but K and the team.

If the refs make it, you can make it. I think it should be a forfeit, but a tired Duke before the Syracuse game is fine.

For reference, here is UNC's usual student seating.

yFu1bRN.gif

Blue is students. Now just make that 100% blue.

ok so let's just all agree to put duke in orlando or san antonio lest the pussies sleep in late again.

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 38s
Duke at UNC on Feb. 20, Syracuse at Duke on Feb. 22. Hell yeah.
I'm considering creating additional profiles so I can like this more than once. That is fantastic news.

Duke is at GT on the 18th as well, so the SU game will be their 3rd in 5 days.

For reference, here is UNC's usual student seating.

yFu1bRN

Blue is students. Now just make that 100% blue.

UNC's students only have themselves to blame for the poor seating. According to legend, when the DD was built the students were given the option of paying an extra fee each semester to support its construction (I think it was something like $15 at the time, so not much). The measure failed to pass, so the Rams Club (i.e. booster club) put up a lot of money and ended up with the best seats. When I was a student there I was always angry at those people a couple of decades before me who ruined it for the rest of us by not ponying up their beer money.

The craziest part of this story... If we were playing at UNC tonight, there would be a game... because we would have been there last night. It's kind of funny .. that a team that would have to fly 600 miles ... would be there for the game. And one that's eight miles away... can't make it.
Not so sure. RDU was cancelling flights yesterday.

UNC's students only have themselves to blame for the poor seating. According to legend, when the DD was built the students were given the option of paying an extra fee each semester to support its construction (I think it was something like $15 at the time, so not much). The measure failed to pass, so the Rams Club (i.e. booster club) put up a lot of money and ended up with the best seats. When I was a student there I was always angry at those people a couple of decades before me who ruined it for the rest of us by not ponying up their beer money.

Nah, that's bullshit. The students who would have paid would never have gotten to take advantage of that, which is bullshit.

Jay Williams complained that the rescheduled game will be two days before SU game. Love that they countered that by saying the Big East used to have Saturday Monday games every year and they didn't complain. He didn't have anything to say!

I think the biggest reason this was postponed was sportswriter whining. The local scribes have been PLEADING for a postponement all afternoon on twitter. Also, there was the threat that UNC would have 20,000 plus fans who couldn't leave the Deandome because of ice. We're starting to get freezing rain now in the Triangle on top of 3-5 inches of snow. You can't drive on ice. You can't walk on ice. Don't give me the Southeners are wimps stuff. When it comes to snow, we are, but when it comes to ice, everyone is.

Sean Keeley ‏@NunesMagician 12s
SU vs. Duke on 22nd. @LukeDeCock Duke-Carolina officially rescheduled for Feb. 20. ACC & teams pass on back-to-back to end season.

That's a miserable schedule update.
It's like playing a make-up game against the Yankees in late September.

Typical coach k.

If you don't hate duke you should feel shame.

So ESPN is in its 22nd minute of their 6 o'clock broadcast and all they can talk about is a game that won't happen. What about the HUGE game between #1 and #25 that will be played in less than 40 mins where the #1 is the dog?

Ayup, why watch the #4 & 5 ACC teams play when they can stay warm at home and watch two of the top 3 teams battle down to the wire in a knuckle-biting game with a boffo finish! Time for Cuse haters to drink the Kool Aid.-VBOF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom