UNC is going to be a pain | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UNC is going to be a pain

They’ve also been a better team than us every time they’ve played us.

I don’t think they are this year.
They do have the best player on the court. We have to find a way to beat them. If we can't do it this year when will we?

They do have the best player on the court. We have to find a way to beat them. If we can't do it this year when will we?

He's overrated. Sub Cooney efficiency.

Top to bottom this is a tough match up. NC is big and talented. We need to get off to a good start.

Top to bottom this is a tough match up. NC is big and talented. We need to get off to a good start.

You are what your record is. No excuses for losing to them.

Carolinas bigs always hurt us but their guard play has always been fantastic. They don’t have the guards this year. Garrison Brooks is legit but Bacot wouldn’t play on many of the recent UNC teams. Cole Anthony isn’t a 3pt shooter and as long as we don’t send him to the line, he won’t kill us.

We need our bigs to stay out of foul trouble and be somewhat decent on the boards.

The best College basketball player on the court will be Elijah Hughes and it’s really not that close.
I love elijiah but when healthy Cole Anthony is the best player on most bball courts.

I love elijiah but when healthy Cole Anthony is the best player on most bball courts.
In his 3 games back he’s 11/31 from 2, 6/22 from 3, 10 assists/8 turnovers. He has made 26 FTs though.

Maybe he’s still rusty but he’s been inefficient so far

No he is not this year. Pay attention to something besides recruiting rankings.
He was a player of the year Candidate before he got hurt. He's still rounding back into forn. The kid is really talented.

In his 3 games back he’s 11/31 from 2, 6/22 from 3, 10 assists/8 turnovers. He has made 26 FTs though.

Maybe he’s still rusty but he’s been inefficient so far
The kid is still averaging 20 ppg 7 boards a game and 3.5 assists.

He was a player of the year Candidate before he got hurt. He's still rounding back into forn. The kid is really talented.

No he wasn't. Not with those numbers. They were 6-3 with him and he had 5 games where he shot 30% or below. He wasn't winning POY and what he is doing now is what he was doing then. His best game of the year was against Notre Dame in the opener and if you take that game out he's shooting 30% for the year.

Brooks is really solid inside. I expect him to dominate Sidibe from the block for most of the game. Curious who they play at the high post. I expect Platek to hit 4 threes as well even though he's terrible.

No he wasn't. Not with those numbers. They were 6-3 with him and he had 5 games where he shot 30% or below. He wasn't winning POY and what he is doing now is what he was doing then. His best game of the year was against Notre Dame in the opener and if you take that game out he's shooting 30% for the year.
I said candidate and if you don't think someone in the acc avg 20 7 and 3 is a poy candidate your lost.

I said candidate and if you don't think someone in the acc avg 20 7 and 3 is a poy candidate your lost.

If we had a pg averaging 20pts, 3.5 assists and 3.5 turnovers on 35 percent shooting on a 10-13 team I am pretty sure half of our fans heads would explode about how terribly inefficient he was.

Because he was out most of the season. He stays healthy I think he's your acc poy.

You have whatever cognitive bias it is that your first impression is your only impression.

He's been pretty mediocre (as far as POY candidate/5* stud 1-and-done guys go), not only since coming back, but for a ton of games before he got hurt.
So, the amazing stats early are the exception, not the rule.

The wildly inefficient frosh PG who isn't helping his team win - is who he is.

Little hint: when stuff you post gets ZERO 'Tees'; maybe, just maybe, you're mistaken.
;)

You have whatever cognitive bias it is that your first impression is your only impression.

He's been pretty mediocre (as far as POY candidate/5* stud 1-and-done guys go), not only since coming back, but for a ton of games before he got hurt.
So, the amazing stats early are the exception, not the rule.

The wildly inefficient frosh PG who isn't helping his team win - is who he is.

Little hint: when stuff you post gets ZERO 'Tees'; maybe, just maybe, you're mistaken.
;)
He put up 24 against duke. The kid is shaking off the rust. Since he's been.back they played fsu down to the wire and let's be honest they should have beat duke. They choked it away twice.

He put up 24 against duke. The kid is shaking off the rust. Since he's been.back they played fsu down to the wire and let's be honest they should have beat duke. They choked it away twice.

what was his excuse before he got hurt?

Excuse for what? He was playing very well back then.

Yeah 7-24 against UNC Wilmington, 4-14 against Elon, and 4-15 against Ohio State and UVA is very good. I’m just going to assume that was the first game you watched this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom