UNC is going to be a pain | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UNC is going to be a pain

Yeah 7-24 against UNC Wilmington, 4-14 against Elon, and 4-15 against Ohio State and UVA is very good. I’m just going to assume that was the first game you watched this year.
Ok so a few bad games and your just going to say the kid isn't any good.

UNC only favored by 1.5 tonight at Wake. Interesting.

Ok so a few bad games and your just going to say the kid isn't any good.

I'm not even sure why I engaged because I knew it would be like this, but I never said he wasn't any good. You are highly overrating him from earlier in the year when he played a lot of cupckaes. They are 6-6 with him on the court and how he has played since he got back was how he played before he got hurt. His shooting percentages have been awful all year and he turns it over a ton. Thats not POY for a pg. Eli/Nwora/Carey/Tre Jones/Mooney/Devin Vassell/Diakite have all been better all year. I wouldn't put him on my 2nd team all ACC.

Roy is too good a coach for them to remain crappy. They also have the most (or tied for the most) Quad 1 wins in the country, iirc.

Not to mention they have our number and many of their losses came after they had 2nd half leads.

That is probably going to be an L for Cuse. Just so ya’ll are ready.

You took a lot of heat for this post. But you were 100% on the money.

If we didn’t beat them today we may as well
Forfeit going forward as long as we play zone.

You took a lot of heat for this post. But you were 100% on the money.

I actually didn’t have a problem with the take. UNC is always a tough matchup. I thought he came off like a tool with lines like “I hope y’all are ready” when the game was a month away. JMO.

And he wasnt 100% on the money. UNC still is crappy. Unfortunately Cuse was much worse today.

I actually didn’t have a problem with the take. UNC is always a tough matchup. I thought he came off like a tool with lines like “I hope y’all are ready” when the game was a month away. JMO.

And he wasnt 100% on the money. UNC still is crappy. Unfortunately Cuse was much worse today.

75%* on the money.

Very disappointed with this bump. I thought this might be the thread where I mentioned to the folks who had already pencilled in a W that Cole Anthony would be back, only to be quickly admonished that he "ha(d) no reason to return" by an authority figure. Now that I think about it, that one was likely considerably earlier than this one.

I was hoping to find something besides just the Dome parody thread to feel stoked about after that loss. I wouldn't mind some occasional recognition, rather than the likelihood of being dismissed based on name recognition like in a political election. I suppose I can practice my one handed typing skills and start patting myself on the back while typing this like the fella who came up with a defensive plan after the game said he did. ;) I might injure my back if I attempt to get all the back pay at once.

I'm curious what the vegas point spread was and how many of the people who pencilled this in as a win bet on the Cuse today? Wow, I just looked up one source at least, and it had the spread at 5 points(after opening at 5.5)...with the Cuse as favorites. I get that it's more about Vegas' perception of public perception than where they think it will end up, but having not looked until after the game I guess made it more humorous to me at least. On the bright side, barring anything shocking like this season, next season we should get a healthy cushion of points for anyone wanting to wager(on the Orange. It still feels kind of dirty just thinking about wagering against them, which would likely lead to them showing up and winning if I did, lol).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom