UNC leading scorer PJ Hairston arrested for possession. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC leading scorer PJ Hairston arrested for possession.

Let's find out who rented the car. That may be the dagger to NC basketball.

PJ = Happy Hairston/ prior to the incident
PJ= Not so happy Hairston/ following the incident

I can hear the jokes already:
What is PJ's worst type of shot? / One with a 9mm
How does PJ Hairston obtain a SUV? / Yukon Jack

Nothing to say that PJ didn't rent the vehicle. You don't have to be 25 to rent a vehicle in North Carolina, you just have to pay an extra fee. Not to mention, PJ does have a license...he was charged with not having it on his person at the time, a charge that will be dismissed when he brings his driver's license to court.

Nothing to say that PJ didn't rent the vehicle. You don't have to be 25 to rent a vehicle in North Carolina, you just have to pay an extra fee. Not to mention, PJ does have a license...he was charged with not having it on his person at the time, a charge that will be dismissed when he brings his driver's license to court.
How about the pot and the gun that was in the car?

How about the pot and the gun that was in the car?

There was no gun found inside the car (it was outside of the car) and PJ wasn't charged with it. Guess the cops didn't think it was his.

So he rented the car without having a license on him? Who doesn't carry their license?

So pretty much the whole thing gets swept under the rug. It's not like he was taking fake classes I don't think they even offer those anymore at UNC.

So he rented the car without having a license on him? Who doesn't carry their license?

Don't think he rented the car at 10pm...naturally, he had to have had his license whenever he rented it. Why he left it at home when he was out driving it is another story...kids do stupid things (like ride around with pot, for starters).

So pretty much the whole thing gets swept under the rug. It's not like he was taking fake classes I don't think they even offer those anymore at UNC.

UNC has never offered fake classes. Independent study, sure, but lots of schools have those for their athletes.

Nothing more than a rehash of what the same single reporter has been writing about for the past two years. The NCAA cleared UNC of any academic wrongdoing with regard to the AFAM "scandal" nearly a year ago. I know some people are surprised that people in academia can care about sports...just wait until the media gets wind that UNC's chancellor gets his very own luxury box in the football stadium and gets the best seats in the house for basketball! I mean, nothing even remotely approaching an NCAA violation, but anything to keep a dying story afloat for another day or two!

Nothing more than a rehash of what the same single reporter has been writing about for the past two years. The NCAA cleared UNC of any academic wrongdoing with regard to the AFAM "scandal" nearly a year ago. I know some people are surprised that people in academia can care about sports...just wait until the media gets wind that UNC's chancellor gets his very own luxury box in the football stadium and gets the best seats in the house for basketball! I mean, nothing even remotely approaching an NCAA violation, but anything to keep a dying story afloat for another day or two!
image.jpg

See post above you.

The people who are surprised about professors getting tickets to games are probably people that never attended college in the first place.
What about the pot found in the car?

He was charged with it. Misdemeanor. College kids will be college kids.
Agree with that. Let us know more about the source of the vehicle though. There is the story - if there is one.

Agree with that. Let us know more about the source of the vehicle though. There is the story - if there is one.

True. If a booster or agent rented the car for him, that would be an NCAA violation. That said, there has been nothing to suggest that occurred.