UNC Ruling | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Ruling

Oh, I don't know but why would Little commit?
Yeah, the day before. He got some sort of reassurance. Or he screwed up big time and will have to reopen his commitment for the 2nd time.

edit: I believe someone in that program knew Friday was D day, no matter what is said in public.

They are going to get slammed, and slammed hard.

They couldn't stand to see Roy cry, so they brought every penalty down one level. One year probation and 2 scholarships.

Syracuse dropped the ball when they didn't sue the NCAA in federal court a la Penn State.

When you sue you show how the NCAA isn't consistent and due process is violated. That is how Penn State got off on the NCAA.

It's a joke we never sued.
Can't SU still sue if UNC's penalties turn out to be a joke?

Can't SU still sue if UNC's penalties turn out to be a joke?
I don't think so.

They accepted the penalties and appealed.

The time to sue was when the NCAA ruled on the appeal. I wouldn't sue just for JB's wins.
The school lost a crazy amount of scholarships for what the NCAA charted them with and didn't get much relief.

I know what Jim "The Hammer" Shapiro would do.

Yeah, the day before. He got some sort of reassurance. Or he screwed up big time and will have to reopen his commitment for the 2nd time.

edit: I believe someone in that program knew Friday was D day, no matter what is said in public.

If the penalties are basically nothing I wonder if Little committing and being given any information ahead of time at all is a violation?

If the penalties are basically nothing I wonder if Little committing and being given any information ahead of time at all is a violation?
How would you prove he knew anything?

upload_2017-10-5_11-13-35.png

Unfortunately, this card will be played tomorrow.

Oh, no. If there's any fairness and consistency, any, they'll get at least a 2 year ban in BB and 1 in FB, 5 years probation and a bunch of recruiting restrictions - plus a significant vacature of wins in several sports due to ineligible players. They have five level 1 violations and a history of cheating going back 18 years. It's not going to be pretty, especially in the current atmosphere of college hoops scandals and federal investigations.

My guess is the punishment was already decided prior to the FBI reveal, with only sign-off by the enforcement committee, which probably took a couple weeks.

How would you prove he knew anything?

Not saying you could but under the possibility he did and if it was proven is it even a violation

It’ll be a mixed bag, IMO.
They’ll be minimal penalties on the sports that “matter”, mbb/mfb, and over-reactive penalties on those that don’t, like women’s field hockey.
That’ll allow the ncaa to claim they doled out severe sanctions, while at the same time preserving the viability of the unc cash cows.
At the end of the day, no one will be satisfied w/ the outcome.

Syracuse penalties were announced on a Friday as well.

I heard from a Tar Heel friend the fanbase expects a Postseason ban for Men's basketball and they are going to lose the 2005 NC because of Rashard McCants testimony.

2009 looks safe he believes.

I would be shocked if they they lost a NC.

Also he expects UNC will sue to drag this out.

You can throw the Little theory out the window. Their insiders on their board have confirmed that nobody has seen the verdict yet...

My prediction:
Football - loss of 10 ships and a 1 year bowl ban.
Women's basketball - loss of a couple ships, post season ban
Men's basketball - nothing.

You can throw the Little theory out the window. Their insiders on their board have confirmed that nobody has seen the verdict yet...
McCants is going to cost them the 2005 title. Even if they don't get a ban.

Oh, no. If there's any fairness and consistency, any, they'll get at least a 2 year ban in BB and 1 in FB, 5 years probation and a bunch of recruiting restrictions - plus a significant vacature of wins in several sports due to ineligible players. They have five level 1 violations and a history of cheating going back 18 years. It's not going to be pretty, especially in the current atmosphere of college hoops scandals and federal investigations.
This, the loss of schollies and, since it's nearly impossible to institute a TV ban nowadays, the ACC takes away all ACC home games in the punished sports for 2 years.

At this point only taking this to a higher court outside the NCAA process would make that happen. My guess is we decided not to pick that fight.
No jurisdiction, unless process was violated, and even then...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom