Uncomfortable Question for the board... | Syracusefan.com

Uncomfortable Question for the board...

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
So...

As I might have mentioned I recently moved to the Left Coast. Now, considering rent is refreakingdiculous here, I have a roommate.

He is from Princeton and went to Rutgers. He doesn't have a car here.

So the question is how many showers will I have to take if I acquiesce to his request for a ride to Fresno and go with him to the 8-29 Rutgers @ Fresno St. footballer contest?

Thanks in advance for the snyde remarks. They will be appreciated.

Oh, he also said I can't root for the Bulldogs.

I'm going to go a different way on this one.

Take him, and root for Rutgers while you're there. It's not a betrayal to root for an irrelevant program. It's like rooting for the local farm team even though they're not the affiliate for your favorite pro team. Who really cares? Mostly you went to the game to get out of the house, not because you've invested anything in an irrelevant team with irrelevant players that just happens to be playing in a convenient location.

I also give anyone permission to root for now similarly irrelevant UCONN and Georgetown.

In closing -

Go Rutgers.

Go Georgetown.

Go UCONN.*

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yes, take him. It's college football for goodness sake.

However. You have the car. You root for Fresno State as much as you like. Otherwise, he can walk.

What he said. If he's begging you for a ride he has zero room to tell you who you can or cannot root for.

Tell him he can have a ride if he roots for Fresno; if not tell him to off. Roommates are easier to come by than your ethics in actually rooting for the Scarlet Blight.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

So if he goes with, you can't cheer for the Bulldogs?

Clearly the answer is go to the game and leave his sorry @$$ home. This way you establish dominance and let him know who's calling the shots. He can ride his huffy to the game or go to local truck stop and earn his ride.

Who the hell moves to California without a car?

That's like moving to Alaska without a coat or West Viginia without a spit cup.

Also, you root for Fresno or admit you've wasted all your years cheering for Syracuse.

OBF, he's from Rutgers. Your point is very valid, but I think the poignant fact trumps your point. Sorry, bro. :D

Take him to the game. But under NO circumstances let him into your car if he is wearing any kind of Buttgers paraphenalia. Otherwise, you will be compelled to do this:

burning_car_1.jpg

So...

As I might have mentioned I recently moved to the Left Coast. Now, considering rent is refreakingdiculous here, I have a roommate.

So the question is how many showers will I have to take if I acquiesce to his request for a ride to Fresno and go with him to the 8-29 Rutgers @ Fresno St. footballer contest?

Why not go? Rutgers playing on the road out of conference
against a good team.
Not too many people can claim they have ever seen that.

spike his drink-dress him in a dress that says im a worthless whore just like my school-

He's asking for a ride and telling you who to root for? How did you find this imbecile? Wear as much Fresno State garb as you can find. Order the tix so they're right in the heart of the Fresno student section. If he chooses to wear the scarlet letter and sit in enemy territory, that's his choice. Just get his gas money upfront. Feel free to play Down, Down the Field on a continuous loop to and from the game.

So...

I'll try to keep this on the serious response side of this question. To do other wise would be too easy. Once you cross into the Pacific Time zone you will find perspiration isn't as frequent a problem unless you decide to go jogging along side your ride. As a normal rule of hygiene. Once a day should suffice unless engaged in a high physically requirement causing more of a need. I suggest not ingesting garlic in high quantity because that alone requires a far higher requirement in the water with a quality soap,e.g. Dial or Irish Spring etc. I presume you will be stopping at local motels on the way. I've heard bad things about the "Bates motel chain. Good luck and good deodorant to you.

I lived in Fairfield County CT for many years and had no fan conflicts. However, I spent 7 years in the Hartford area and hard as I tried to support UCONN, the only thing I could muster was to root for the women's bb. Just could not handle anything else. One of my daughters went to Southern Cal and that was so far away I had no problem rooting for the Trojans (besides, they stunk at BB).

So, I can tell you that you can take him to the game and root for whichever teams you want because it won't feel real anyway. Sort of like being a registered Dem or Rep and voting for an independent for dogcatcher who is your roommate.

Think of it as giving a friend a ride to a 12-step program.

So...

Everyone is missing the larger issue at hand: poor DNABB5 has to live with someone from Rutgers. Therefore, his apartment likely smells like a warm dumpster crawling with maggots. Poor guy. No one should have to deal with Jersey trash.

Onto your Fresno St question, I'd go with him to the game, wear Orange and root for Fresno in a passionate way. If he gives you shiit, laugh in his face and bang his girlfriend.

You = winning.

See, now instead of contributing to the IPF, we should raise money so he doesn't have to room with a Rutty.

This is why your Craigslist post looking for a roommate should have clearly stated "no dbags Rutgers fans"

Is this roommate someone that you're likely to be friends with for years and years? Or someone that will eventually move on and you'll never see each other again?

If the former, consider letting him have his way, bite the bullet and roor for R as best you can (just don't allow any pictures). Then after they get beat, you can hold it over him for his entire life and he has no comeback.

If the latter, go to the game if you want to and root for Fresno like they're Cuse-West. Tell everyone in your section that you had to bring the R-bag because his Rutgers degree didn't put him in position to afford a car. And you can still hold the inevitable loss against him as long as he's in your place.

Either way -- and this is important -- make sure you get some plastic sheeting and cover his seat in your car with it before leaving. Not even The Wolf could get the RU stench out of it.