Uniforms? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms?

I think this is another missed opportunity why against Wagner?? Should have saved all the new gear for the Clemson game. It would have been a bigger stage nationally and we have a ton of major recruits coming in for that game. Would have created some more hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

I like the chrome blue helmet that has been floating around as the fan replica. Just keep Otto off that, and add the block S and were on to something. We are Orange and Blue after all. Not Orange, Grey, and Navy Blue

Helmet: metallic blue w/ orange oversize S
Jersey: orange w/ blue font, white trim
Pant: blue w/ orange and white trim

Helmet: metallic blue w/ orange oversize S
Jersey: orange w/ blue font, white trim
Pant: blue w/ orange and white trim

make the font on the jersey white with blue trim and I'm all for it

I really like the way the matte helmets look. Not a big fan of the shiny, metallic look unless it's used in combination with the traditional painted helmet like Oregon does. I love their painted helmets with the metallic wings. In my opinion, the helmets that are entirely metallic are a bit much.

I think this is another missed opportunity why against Wagner?? Should have saved all the new gear for the Clemson game. It would have been a bigger stage nationally and we have a ton of major recruits coming in for that game. Would have created some more hype.
Maybe they learned from the blue basketball jersey jinx and want to make sure that the debut is associated with a win. If it's a hit, they can wear them again for Clemson.

As I posted in the last uniform thread, while I don't mind using alternate/novelty uniforms in general, I'm against solely using them in big games. Debuting them in those types of games would also apply. I'd prefer that as many minor details as possible remain consistent and avoid being a distraction during the more important games. Just a slight hesitation while processing an unfamiliar jersey can ruin a play. Wear them a few times in easier games and once the team is used to them, then break them out for more premier opponents.

Hydrochrome orange Helmets with a Matte block blue S like now would look pretty cool.

Or an ALL Hydrochrome orange Helmet with a large Hydrochrome blue S on the back like The Oregon O on the back.

Give me an Orange jersey and white/grey/platinum pants and I will about the rest. BTW to the graphic designer on this board who said that Nike must have showed Gross some stuff and he didn't go with it I guess that isn't true.

I would love the Orange Jersey as long as it doesn't look like the last Orange jerseys that looked like practice pinney's like the Gerg years.

I agree with Alsacs, I think it is time for white pants as well as a blue pants option.

I would love the Orange Jersey as long as it doesn't look like the last Orange jerseys that looked like practice pinney's like the Gerg years.

I agree with Alsacs, I think it is time for white pants as well as a blue pants option.
I've got to think that if they consulted the players and this coaching staff, there's no way the jerseys will look anything like those atrocities.

I like the chrome blue helmet that has been floating around as the fan replica. Just keep Otto off that, and add the block S and were on to something. We are Orange and Blue after all. Not Orange, Grey, and Navy Blue

No, actually we are just orange.

People are going to like what they like, but I'll personally be POed if we start wearing white anything. Not only is it ugly (to me) but it's way too Clemson looking. Bring on the platinum IMO. But please no stupid scratchy like RU.

Edit: actually, I'd be okay with white pants if the helmet were white too.

Please don't change anything; but if we have to then this is my proposal:

Blue helmets, Orange jerseys, White pants with some sort of Orange accent (stripes or camo Or something NYS inspired). I hope we stay the same but the writing is on the wall.

Best thing we could do is get in bed with Nike. Oregon of the East. Lets go Nike. Dump some money in Cuse football.

Give me an Orange jersey and white/grey/platinum pants and I will about the rest. BTW to the graphic designer on this board who said that Nike must have showed Gross some stuff and he didn't go with it I guess that isn't true.

Not sure what you're saying? Gross gets shown some stuff every time they've redone the uni's. He's made some bad choices (all orange Grob) and good choices (current).

My point then was an orange helmet with orange jerseys looks dumb. Sounds like blue helmets with orange uni's. That sounds okay.

I bet we just see an orange metallic helmet for Wagner or Clemson - full new uni later in the season or next season vs Notre Dame.

And, if the roll out Giant-like grey pants I'll buy you a case.

FINALLY.

I know all you purist old fogies want to keep the tradition, but tradition unless you are PSU, Bama, or Mich. Kids get psyched for the apparal swag. Lets get a manican with the new unis, next to a scale model of the IPF, in Manley ASAP, and include that in recruiting visits.

I dont want something arena football leaguish, but i do want something new. Gray/Platinum pants would be sick (think Tampa Bucs)

We are as important as Penn state, Michigan, and Alabama

Not sure if my sarcasm detector is going off or not, but i think we forfeited that with all our recent jersey modifications - changing the numbers back and forth, stripes/no stripes, the S on the helmet. Not sure were holding on to a traditional Uni anymore

They could be neon pink for all I care, as long as recruits love them, it's good for the program.

It's not about being as important, it's about the instant team recognition those programs have with their unis... We just do not have that. There are a lot of orange and blue clad teams across the country, we could easily be mistaken for Illinois, Virginia, etc...
We just don't have an uniquely traditional "look" to protect, so why not have a "cool" alternate uni?

Why is it that you think tradition is important at these schools but not SU?

Because we need to be fresh to recruit and compete. Our tradition means something to people on these boards, but outside of that...not so much.

44cuse

When the gloves come together, they should make the NYC skyline at night on the palms. Like UCLA's new LA midnight uniform. They are awesome.

Make the sky orange. Black buildings lit up. Done and done.

Last edited: