Uniforms | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms

anomander

Living Legend
I don't know, but I think these uniforms look pretty damn sweet in this picture right here.

090314_S_33hodge_SamMaller_SP.jpg

Question for those who don't like the uniforms. Do you dislike them because there isn't enough orange, or is it the design? Because that picture above makes them look pretty good imo.

for practice jerseys they dont look bad, i like the helmets though. do people dress like this in public with regular clothes? even when colored jeans were in , during the 70's we didnt wear shirts that matched the color of the jeans. for 100 years teams didnt do this and suddenly nike stumbled on something no one ever thought of?

Think they are pretty sweet and I had no issue reading the numbers from section 311 Row R and S. Can't wait until I see some other combo's.

I hope you queens are good to your significant others. My dad -- who expressed dislike for the uniforms on Friday -- has been conditioned to get gift receipts for my mom at Christmas, as he has exceptionally bad taste in clothing and jewelry.

THERE WILL BE ORANGE PANTS PEOPLE.

I also agree the oragne should be here now but when the orange pants arrive I will love these unis. The blue also looks very good with the white helmet and pants if you haven't seen it.

I find the idea of new uniforms great as they help with recruiting. I just hate the fact we are the freaking Orange and our football jerseys have little to none orange in them. If we had an Orange top as part of the rotation I would be ecstatic.
Go look at the uniform combination UVA wore against UCLA this past week. Blue helmet, Orange top, Blue pants. If we had that type of rotation available I would have no complaints. Orange helmets, Orange tops, Orange pants should all be part of our rotation. I could careless about grey tops.

for practice jerseys they dont look bad, i like the helmets though. do people dress like this in public with regular clothes? even when colored jeans were in , during the 70's we didnt wear shirts that matched the color of the jeans. for 100 years teams didnt do this and suddenly nike stumbled on something no one ever thought of?
image.jpg

I seem to remember PSU sporting these practice threads for years.

The numbers are very difficult to read. They should be outlined in white. Prefer orange pants. Love the helmets.

Apparently the players really like these uniforms. Huh.

I don't know, but I think these uniforms look pretty damn sweet in this picture right here.

090314_S_33hodge_SamMaller_SP.jpg

Question for those who don't like the uniforms. Do you dislike them because there isn't enough orange, or is it the design? Because that picture above makes them look pretty good imo.
Agree...these uniforms are great...best we've had in a very long time...just don't understand the hate here...

The single color blue uniforms would be ugly even if we were the Blue Hens, but we are the ORANGE(men).

Sees that's the style now, so you're critiquing something that is the current style. The days of the matching 3 stripes are over.

These are Clemson's uniforms and they look more like the orange than we do.
I would settle for orange pants or jerseys - NOT all blue.
View attachment 22860

These look like Liverpool High School, just change the purple to Navy. Awesome...Not.

These are the new thing with the kids.

I like them, older people don't like them. But my kids play ball and are into these new design jerseys. Even the CFL has new ones.

These are the new thing with the kids.

I like them, older people don't like them. But my kids play ball and are into these new design jerseys. Even the CFL has new ones.
Fine, but that has nothing to do with not having ORANGE!

This says SYRACUSE to me:

Ryan+Nassib+New+Era+Pinstripe+Bowl+Kansas+5N9yM6zvg7ql.jpg
-25ba026ec18e8314-custom-665xautojpg-4e5bcbfb1766ede8_large.jpg

Not the "all blue" look.

Just my opinion from watching over 40 years of SU Football.

I'm not going to pretend I don't like those uniforms because I did. Those were probably my favorite combo. However with the move to the ACC, and the new coaching staff and such I felt we wanted to totally re-brand ourselves. So why not do it with all new, hip, in style uniforms. If people haven't noticed the current style that most college with new uniforms are moving towards is all solid, matching tops and bottoms. So it's no real surprise these are the uniforms they came up with. I am sure they will be doing some mixing and matching throughout the season, but just like there are fads in clothing, the matching tops and bottoms is the current fad for college football uniforms.

OrangeXtreme said:
This says SYRACUSE to me: Not the "all blue" look. Just my opinion from watching over 40 years of SU Football.
But you can appreciate that the kids we're trying to recruit don't care what McNabb wore, right? And that they want to wear what they consider "hip"?

I'm agnostic to the uniforms -- but exceedingly interested in the mindset of the people who care so much.

The numbers are very difficult to read. They should be outlined in white. Prefer orange pants. Love the helmets.

Apparently the players really like these uniforms. Huh.

Agree. They look better on the players, then when they were unveiled. As I've said before, I'd like to see an orange belt, orange socks/cleats, something to break up all that blue. Not happy that the all-blue is the standard home look.

Looking forward to seeing the whites

I find it an epic failure when Gross got Nike to create new uniforms that he didn't stress the need for an Orange top as part of the rotation. Instead he was talked into having a Grey combination made or didn't care enough to make it important for Nike to do it.
I loved the new helmet but we wished we had an Orange top as part of the rotation.

If that's the style, when does Penn State wear all-blue helmets, jerseys, and pants at home?

When does Ohio State wear "all-Crimson"?

Probably when Nike makes them new uniforms. Even though Penn St does go with the matching tops and bottoms.

Agree. Looks sharp. Numbers are a bit funky but other than that they look good.

Really want to see the combo of orange helmet, gray pants and white jersey. I think most on here would think that's a sharp look .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom