Uniforms | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms

Probably when Nike makes them new uniforms. Even though Penn St does go with the matching tops and bottoms.

Didn't OSU wear red helmets a few years ago, Or was that gray helmets with numbers on the sides?

Alsacs said:
I find it an epic failure when Gross got Nike to create new uniforms that he didn't stress the need for an Orange top as part of the rotation. Instead he was talked into having a Grey combination made or didn't care enough to make it important for Nike to do it. I loved the new helmet but we wished we had an Orange top as part of the rotation.
It's a wonder why Nike makes the billions a year it does.

Didn't OSU wear red helmets a few years ago, Or was that gray helmets with numbers on the sides?

I must be thinking of these:

blurb_osu_uniform.jpg

I can't recall. Anyway here are the designs of some schools that just got new uniforms in the past couple years. Most have something similar to what we are going with as in matching tops and bottoms.

Su14_AT_NCAA_MIAMI_COMP_FRONT_NEW_large.jpeg

upload_2014-9-3_22-6-58.jpeg

ks-13-allblue-1-620x407.jpg

images

New-Illinois-Football-Uniforms-Alternate-1.jpg

Ohio State has worn red and white helmets in games against Michigan in the last 5 years.
Honestly I liked the 2005 season uniforms but we sucked so bad I never want to see them again. Just get an orange top that looks good and I will be happy.

I don't oppose new uniforms, but I'd love to hear how many casual CFB fans would look at that and say "Oh yeah that's Syracuse". Compared to the re-brand at Miami, I think SU did a poor job of enhancing the brand (with the exception of the 44 axes- those are sweet and should be on all kinds of gear).

The new Miami options might not be universally liked, but when you saw them on Monday you knew who it was right away.

I was disappointed we opened with the all blue look. We got a heavy dose of that last year. I was eager to see something new.

I can't recall. Anyway here are the designs of some schools that just got new uniforms in the past couple years. Most have something similar to what we are going with as in matching tops and bottoms.

View attachment 22864

images

Ick. :confused:

White on white is OK, but I just hate the mono-chromatic look for football.

What are you gonna do? They call it Progress.

And we all know the opposite of Progress is Congress. ;)

View attachment 22864

images

Must......Have .....ORANGE......AHAGHAGAHAGAHHAG!

Yeah, not so much. The unis we have now are pretty awesome. The addition of Orange pants and Jerseys will be great.

The uniforms are growing on me. I still wish the numbers were a little more mainstream. I like the chrome helmets.

I would prefer the Illinois uniforms actually. I'm still not sure how I feel about the "S" on the helmet as opposed to the plain color. I think we should just mimic the Browns still - good enough for a pro team, good enough for us.

View attachment 22864

images

Those Miami uniforms are awesome. How Miami gets 4 combinations white, grey, green, and orange while Syracuse only got blue, grey, white just ticks me off What Gross ASK for the damn orange combination.

If we wore the most awesome uniforms v Villanova and had the same result would that make you all feel better? ;)

I don't know, but I think these uniforms look pretty damn sweet in this picture right here.

090314_S_33hodge_SamMaller_SP.jpg

Question for those who don't like the uniforms. Do you dislike them because there isn't enough orange, or is it the design? Because that picture above makes them look pretty good imo.
Not enough orange.

The uniforms are growing on me. I still wish the numbers were a little more mainstream. I like the chrome helmets.

I would prefer the Illinois uniforms actually. I'm still not sure how I feel about the "S" on the helmet as opposed to the plain color. I think we should just mimic the Browns still - good enough for a pro team, good enough for us.

In defense of the designers they were going with something original. Supposedly the numbers are supposed to be like the NYC skyline with their long, narrow numbers. I can see what they were trying to do from an originality standpoint despite probably only 2% of the people watching even have any idea.

So back to the original question for everyone...I am kind of getting the feeling most would like the new uniforms "if" there was an orange set? My only question for that is that we would only really wear those on the road if we were going with the matching tops and bottoms, so people would still be complaining every home game.

Not enough orange.

Those are our home uniforms. Even if it was 2015 already and we had our orange uniforms in play we still wouldn't have had any orange since we are going with matching tops and bottoms.

Those Miami uniforms are awesome. How Miami gets 4 combinations white, grey, green, and orange while Syracuse only got blue, grey, white just ticks me off What Gross ASK for the damn orange combination.

Well we do have 4 sets. We just aren't getting the most important color for another year.

If you look at the Miami ones, they have the alternate color on both sleeves. I think it SU had orange sleeves and plain orange numbers with white outline on the blues, it would make a big difference.

In defense of the designers they were going with something original. Supposedly the numbers are supposed to be like the NYC skyline with their long, narrow numbers. I can see what they were trying to do from an originality standpoint despite probably only 2% of the people watching even have any idea.

So back to the original question for everyone...I am kind of getting the feeling most would like the new uniforms "if" there was an orange set? My only question for that is that we would only really wear those on the road if we were going with the matching tops and bottoms, so people would still be complaining every home game.
Why is this so complicated? Same helmets, same jerseys, ORANGE PANTS. Just like the old days, but modernized.

Why is this so complicated? Same helmets, same jerseys, ORANGE PANTS. Just like the old days, but modernized.

Well it's not the old days anymore. Modernized is going with matching tops and bottoms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom