UNLV Gameday... | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

UNLV Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eye rollSilver lining… so much Sam Elliot
Over It Whatever GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

If we didn't get the ball first in the 2nd half, I would say go.for it. But since we do, take 3 pts and get 7 more to open the half.
You can’t look at the relative score as is now. You have to look at the score as in “how many points will it take to win this game”. And the answer to that calls for going for it.

I’m fine with E Rob. It’s the tackling part for me. A lot of offense in 4.5 games has come from missed tackles. ST coach is a different story. I’ve never seen 4.5 games like this ever in 30+ years of watching football

I really dislike the base defense he runs. It sort of looks like a 3-2-6? We don't blitz. We don't have any creative coverages. Just looks like we run a soft zone and try to rely on tackling. But we are terrible at tackling and our linebackers don't look like they should be playing P5.

I just am so disappointed in this defense man. We hired a defensive backs coach as head coach and pouched away the co-dc from Texas A&M and this is the result. Fran and Elijah have been so bad with the defense. It’s just so disappointing.

Don’t even get me started on special teams. I think the coordinator should have been fired last week. If we are a serious program and Fran is a serious coach, the coordinator is fired this week. 100% serious I’ve seen enough
We remember the last co-dc from a top Texas school that was brought on…

Don’t know why I’m going to watch the 3rd quarter. I think we’ve scored 0 points on opening drives of the 2nd half this year. This script feels like a 38-24 final.

We have seen this story so many times and it usually doesn't end well. Let's see if Fran and Co. can give us a happy final chapter.
Our 2nd half have been very good all year.

I think Fran knows the defense is a mess outside of Diggs who is a beast. We’re running the clock right down to zero every play on offense. Think Fran is trying to keep the defense off the field. Secondary is awful. Marlowe is missed.
Secondary should not be this bad. Coaching is a huge issue.

good thing is we have run 45 play to 24. have to hope that adds up. Too bad Allen cant make people mist because we actually have gotten him into space several times

I dont think the whole team in 45 plays has broken a single tackle

Then we drop a TD.

Even though I said go for it, I think getting the FG was the move there. Give the new kicker some confidence and honestly we were kind of fortunate just to keep that drive going as long as it did. Would suck to get 0 from it.
The new kicker kicked that?

If we want to win this game we need a long drive TD, one stop on D and then another drive for a TD. The one stop feels like an impossible task…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom