UNLV Gameday... | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

UNLV Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh...

The consistent bad angles and lack of tackling fundamentals signal some coaching issues.
It’s a combo no doubt. Still lack the talent and coaching seems to be an issue in areas. The thing is, seriously, this is UNLV. They aren’t that good. There shouldn’t be much of a talent gap. We need to put our foot on these guys. Enough is enough.

Even though I said go for it, I think getting the FG was the move there. Give the new kicker some confidence and honestly we were kind of fortunate just to keep that drive going as long as it did. Would suck to get 0 from it.
I say always take the 3 in the first half unless your down by more than 21.

I really dislike the base defense he runs. It sort of looks like a 3-2-6? We don't blitz. We don't have any creative coverages. Just looks like we run a soft zone and try to rely on tackling. But we are terrible at tackling and our linebackers don't look like they should be playing P5.
Do we even have a base defense? I feel like we trot out a different D each game.

The defense and ST are an insult to Mccord right now. We have a QB like this and then the product in the other two phases is just a mess.
Honestly, Syracuse hired a HC with no coordinator or HC experience, but was a great recruiter so he is going to have growing pains including who he hired as assistant coaches. Bob Chesney was a proven head coach and winner, but he had no P4 experience and the fear was he wouldn't recruit well. Chesney was not bringing McCord to Syracuse. You have to be patient with Brown as he can recruit and he wants to win, but he has a lot to learn.

Even though I said go for it, I think getting the FG was the move there. Give the new kicker some confidence and honestly we were kind of fortunate just to keep that drive going as long as it did. Would suck to get 0 from it.
Short of unusual circumstances, I am always a proponent of taking points where you can get them in the first half.

I agree especially if McCord is all our offense and he leaves as well. That is going to put a ton of pressure on his replacement.

Yeah I said that with the assumption McCord is gone. Need to some pieces on D especially.

I think Fran knows the defense is a mess outside of Diggs who is a beast. We’re running the clock right down to zero every play on offense. Think Fran is trying to keep the defense off the field. Secondary is awful. Marlowe is missed.
Agree. ERob needs to run a D that we are best positioned to succeed in. We aren't getting enough push from 4 up front and we are too soft in coverage. We have to ramp up the aggression on one of these levels.

I really dislike the base defense he runs. It sort of looks like a 3-2-6? We don't blitz. We don't have any creative coverages. Just looks like we run a soft zone and try to rely on tackling. But we are terrible at tackling and our linebackers don't look like they should be playing P5.
I think Millhouse called it.

He's used to factory defense.

You don't get creative. You just out talent the other side.

That's... not our formula for success.

Man some of you all are effin depressing. We are down 21 -17 and our offense is more than capable of putting plenty more points on the board. This game is far from over.

It’s not over but we got lucky on UNLV hurting themselves on offense and our defense and specials have shown nothing to give confidence they can do enough to win.

Hopefully we can get some point on this first drive. We’re lucky to get points at end of 1st half and have the ball to start 2nd. Get some momentum again.

McCord threw 33 times in the first half. I'm curious how many halves in SU football history have had more throws than that.
I'm curious how many games our QBs have thrown more than that.

Man some of you all are effin depressing. We are down 21 -17 and our offense is more than capable of putting plenty more points on the board. This game is far from over.
Against a ranked opponent to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors